Dynadot

advice I messed up with pricing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zattack

Established Member
Impact
I've like 35 domains listed on DAN and recently I lowered some of the prices to $100. Unknowingly I changed the price for one of my best domains to $100 as well.
Today I received an email from DAN that the domain is sold and payment is received.
The domain is worth much more than $100 and can easily be sold for low to mind $xxxx.

Is there any chance that DAN does a negotiation with the buyer if I request them?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Honestly - your message is not being received well. It looks like you are behaving in a less than honest manner. You priced it, you made it available, you need to give the customer what they rightfully paid for.

Just an opinion

•••
If you place a domain for sale for $100, you must honour the price, that's it.
We have enough with buyers non paying after they agreed to purchase a domain for a price. We don't want also sellers doing same stuff. Price a domain, and if it sells, it sells for that price, that's it.

•••
Honestly - your message is not being received well. It looks like you are behaving in a less than honest manner. You priced it, you made it available, you need to give the customer what they rightfully paid for.

Just an opinion
I'm not denying to handover the domain. I'm just asking is there any way to negotiate with the buyer. I admit the mistake was from my side and anyways I'm going to honour the sale.

Last edited:
•••
If you place a domain for sale for $100, you must honour the price, that's it.
We have enough with buyers non paying after they agreed to purchase a domain for a price. We don't want also sellers doing same stuff. Price a domain, and if it sells, it sells for that price, that's it.

I'm anyways going to honour the sale. I just wanted to know if there's any chance of negotiation with the buyer.

•••
I'm anyways going to honour the sale. I just wanted to know if there's any chance of negotiation with the buyer.
Well, if you tell the buyer that you want to negotiate after him paying for the domain... well, you can imagine, what he will think about it, about you and about DAN.

Last edited:
•••
Well, if you tell the buyer that you want to negotiate after him paying for the domain... well, you can imagine, what he will think about it, about you and about Dan.com

Just going to transfer the domain. Learnt my lesson

•••
Hey @zattack - apologies if it came off as slight towards you, I didn't mean it to be. I was simply stating what I would put in a formal response in a matter of type document.

Technically you can do whatever you want to, Dan may cancel your membership - dont know if they enforce any penalties or have anything in the agreement you signed with them.

It really just looks off to want more after the sale - mistake or not, the buyer will never know & only be angry - with Dan, the industry as a whole - prob not you though, how would they ever really know who you are?

•••
While I agree the OP should honor the price which was their mistake but we have seen cases (I recall one with ENOM in 2010) where registries / registrars did not honor a listed price due to a pricing error.

•••
Just going to transfer the domain. Learnt my lesson
I just posted my opinion. Then you can do what you want. As the above poster says, DAN may cancel your membership or something like that.
If it's a one word .com, it's very clear that it has been a mistake, so noway you gonna sell it for $100.
If that happens to me, with an average two word .com domain that I thought have placed a low x,xxx price but it finally was my mistake placing it for sale for $100, I would honour the sale and move on, that's it.

•••
@BrandPlease Completely agree with you. I'm just going to honour the sale and transfer the domain. Have 34 more domains for sale on DAN. Hopefully, will recover the loss from one of the other sales.

Last edited:
•••
I just posted my opinion. Then you can do what you want. As the above poster says, DAN may cancel your membership or something like that.
If it's a one word .com, it's very clear that it has been a mistake, so noway you gonna sell it for $100.
If that happens to me, with an average two word .com domain that I thought have placed a low x,xxx price but it finally was my mistake placing it for sale for $100, I would honour the sale and move on, that's it.

Though it's not a one-word domain, it certainly is a very valuable domain for an industry which is booming right now.

Last edited:
•••
Might be a reseller who bought it? What was the domain? Show it here (mask it though!) and if their on here they might read it and see it was a mistake and get in touch......

•••
Might be a reseller who bought it? What was the domain? Show it here (mask it though!) and if their on here they might read it and see it was a mistake and get in touch......

I also think the buyer is a reseller.

Last edited:
•••
Though it's not a one-word domain, it certainly is a very valuable domain for an industry which is booming right now. Decentralized Finance (DeFi)
Do what you want. You posted the thread, you ask for opinions, and we give our opinions.
But ultimately it's your business, your domain and your reputation.
In my case I have never backed off from an agreed price, not to mention from a BIN and a domain already paid.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I own 10+ DeFi domains.

Yes, but this was the name you gave up and later edited away in your previous post and it points to a dan.com sold page:

The domain name
DeFiBasics.com
has already been sold

There are millions of other domains available on DAN.COM. You can probably find the one that fits you best!

sold-domain-b6898b565dc2b311787249a59560a3211bf8cf43767171292763b0d056639583.png

•••
@wwwulff If you're the buyer then I have a piece of news for you. If not, let the buyer come and reply. Found something really interesting about the buyer.

And yes, as I stated earlier, I'm going to honour the sale.

Last edited:
•••
I am confused. Did you get caught lying?
Was this the name you let go for $100 that sold at dan? If so close thread please or explain.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/defibasics-com.1210163/
To stay on topic, honour your sale. and my last sale at dan last week, i got invoice with mine and buyers full name and address. Thought was a new standard thïng

•••
@zattack sorry to hear this but I agree, there's nothing you can do, just accept the loss and move on. I've had the same mistake before with DAN, I priced mine $99. That was so stupid.

•••
•••
As I repeatedly states above, I'm honouring the sale.

That's a good attitude. You may have lost on the sale but education comes at a cost. I'm sure you will acquire a better domain and more than make up for it. So move onward and upward. (y)

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Then close the thread; auction start now $150.

$50 start before. Looks messy; if same 1,void?

I dont own this or have affiliation; Honor sale;
$150 is not worth ruining your reputation; since i’m sure guy who bought it for $100 or whatev will probably vent his frustration on NP LOL

https://www.namepros.com/threads/defibasics-com.1210163/

Again, I'm honouring the sale. I have a purpose to open the auction thread. Will ping you in private.

•••
Back