NameSilo

I lost the plot big time!

Labeled as analysis in Legal Discussion started by WINNA, Jul 5, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. WINNA

WINNA Established Member

Today marks almost 20 years in the domain industry for me. I have lied, begged, stole, gambled, gone back on my word, ended up in prison and spent the last 20 years in mental institutions.

I have sold my soul to domaining and used threats to get what I wanted.

I don't like the person I have become because of it. The insatiable need to buy domains out of my reach and be banned on auction platforms. I just sold 2 domains on Godaddy and I still haven't been paid.

At present I have lied to gain social acceptance. I am on a disability pension and have used other people's credit cards without their consent (mainly Family) to buy domains.

Is it all worth it?

I am still bitter and twisted of how I have become, yet I believed in this industry so much that I put my life and others on the line.

I seriously need to think about it is as my mental health is starting to confuse the person I once was.

I was impeccably groomed and meticulously well mannered before I took up domaining. My record was squeaky clean and I had no issues.

Where to next?

That answer awaits with great patience. Whatever I have done to others through my actions, I am truly sorry and ask for forgiveness.

I will not allow my self to be consumed by greed ever again.

JeffGeaney.com

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. MrAcidic

MrAcidic Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

3. jberryhill

jberryhill Top Member John Berryhill, Ph.d., Esq. VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Oooh, I see a breach of contract defense coming...

4. jberryhill

In fact, he would have won "best in show" at the local kennel club show had he not sh*t on the carpet and bit one of the judges in the final round.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  5. D Haynes

D Haynes Top Member VIP

Sounds like domaining wasn't for you

6. Smiles76

Smiles76 Established Member

Domaning is a dirty industry, no doubt.

7. -AR-

-AR- Upgraded Member Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Well at least now you are free as you have expressed yourself to yourself. There is an element of addiction to domaining and most people here may have experienced it. My advice is, it's never late to restart with your approach to people and domaining. Use what you have learned as experience and move forward with no regrets.

8. WINNA

WINNA Established Member

Jeff Geaney,

You were informed on May 7, 2010, GoDaddy had ended its business relationship with you due to threatening staff members. In that email, we informed you we will lock any newly opened or discovered accounts upon discovery. As such, we have administratively locked your GoDaddy account and blacklisted your payment methods.

You will find transfer codes (attached via spreadsheet) for each domain that you have registered through GoDaddy. We have unlocked your domains. If any of your domains have a transfer away date in the future, we will work with you to transfer those domains away to a new provider.

If you refuse to begin to transfer away any eligible domains or services to a new provider within the next 15 days we may, at our own discretion, cancel all domains and services in your account without further notice to you.

We will lock any accounts that you open (or have opened) with us or our affiliates upon discovery andimmediately cancel any future or discovered purchases placed with us or our affiliates without exception or further notice to you. Should you have any questions, please direct those questions to our office via [email protected].

Regards,

The Office of the CEO | GoDaddy

[email protected]

This email message and any attachments hereto is intended for use only by the addressee(s) named herein. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the original and any copy of this message and its attachments.

9. briguy

briguy Guru In Remission! VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Most interesting thread that I read in a long, long time!

I wish you health..strong, serene mental health!

10. blank

blank Established Member

Hmmm... may the force be with you (!?)

11. MapleDots

MapleDots Domain Properties 2010 - 2019 VIP

And so it continues....

12. jberryhill

Ah, yep. That’ll do it. So, you did bite one of the judges.

That’s the best way to get the boot from Uniregistry as well.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  13. offthehandle

offthehandle . Gold Account VIP

It would be interesting to know more details, is this only you or does it include others?

With all the information discussed here on this forum regarding crooked situations, less than honest bidding platforms, scandals, shills, touts, domain pumpers, groups who bid, partnering, fake sales among friends, etc you probably have quite a viewpoint.

14. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

He has some good .com domains in any case blasts sinned mailoffice stripperparty rocketjet livefast makebestoffer

icescream isn't bad either

15. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Member VIP

Unfortunately, for every great one he has hundreds of subpar ones. This could explain why he had to use other people's credit cards.

Wishing him fastest recovery. This business is not for everyone.

16. WINNA

WINNA Established Member

Do you think owning FSChilling.com is a good move with Uniregistry or am I using skulduggery as one of my weaknesses?

17. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Member VIP

Could it be that his account has been hacked?

18. WINNA

WINNA Established Member

By Godaddy themselves and they Locked me out of my account today. They banned me back in 2010 after 2 domains were stolen from my account. After weeks of communication I said I would shoot Bob Parsons if I didn't get them back. After the threat I got the 2 domains back. How could I shoot him if I live in Australia!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  19. blank

blank Established Member

Were those 2 domains worth it?
    Have you recently started smoking something different?

20. WINNA

WINNA Established Member

Sorry don't smoke anything not even cigarettes. Sometimes you have got to do what you gotta do to keep your head above quicksand!

21. cooljub

cooljub Established Member

You're not an elephant are you?

22. WINNA

WINNA Established Member

No apparently they're protected!

23. briguy

briguy Guru In Remission! VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Did you forget to add two keywords..
    I said I would shoot Bob Parsons a email...

24. SirDrago

SirDrago NAME JEDI VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I believe you're addicted to "Crime" and using the word "Domaining" as a excuse to justify your behavior.
    Try placing yourself in the situation you placed others to see if that helps. Getting away with a crime is in fact addictive until you are the victim.

25. SirDrago

SirDrago NAME JEDI VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

As well as
    AUSTRALASIA.COM • EXCITES.COM • BLASTS.COM • OMCB.COM • WINNA.COM • itBet.com.• JetBit.com • SpringRacing.com

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: