Domain Empire

Have I Lost the Plot?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
i still see .nets making money but yet i still refuse to buy them my top 3 domains i buy in order are

.info
.com
.co.uk

have i gone mental or am i just buying them for the future?.....

help ive lost the plot D-:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you saying that if you see the same name availale in all three tld's then you'd go for the info first? I like info, but except for German words, I still prefer the .com.

•••
spose id still get the .com 1st its just im looking more for .infos these days than i do for .coms

•••
I agree and I am very keen on .info also. I still include .com in my searches, but have never come up w/ one for any of the better names. Searching for good info fits has also changed the nature of the terms I search for. Still hoping a .com will pop-up, but not holding my breath.

•••
I can see why would like .info's, Col, but why would you want a .co.uk domain over a .net? Explain that one for me!

•••
I guess net is good for network/tech related domains. Looking at sales listed on dnjournal.com, info domains seem to be very popular in Germany which seems to be raising its profile and value.

re Anthonys question above , IMHO in the uk only com and co.uk have real value. Most non tech people here have never heard of net org or info. and with one of the internets strengths being targeted content, co.uk indicates to people in the uk that such a site is more likely to contain material designed for them.

Last edited:
•••
I like .com the most, but I would register .info as well, I think it is one of the better looking (or pershaps a better suiting) extension to the names I register. Looks professional enough to me!

•••
Originally posted by Anthony
but why would you want a .co.uk domain over a .net? Explain that one for me!

What is wrong with .co.uk domains?

.co.uk extension domains can actually be pretty valuable in my opinion, depending on what you go after. The .co.uk extension is also a huge well known extension within the UK, so there is alot of business for it.

I've choosen .co.uk over .net before, no problem! :tu:

I wouldn't say your loosing it Col, however it's weird how you pick .info before .com! Would this perhaps just happen to be a random 'like' towards .info domains, where the .com keywords are taken!? :tri:

•••
i think info will go up in value over the coming months

•••
I also agree that with some domains, the .co.uk, .ca, or any country codes in that matter may actually be better than the .net version of the domain. (IMO, eg, sportinggoods.co.uk maybe better than sportinggoods.net)

•••
Originally posted by Anthony
I can see why would like .info's, Col, but why would you want a .co.uk domain over a .net? Explain that one for me!

i love co.uks there just as popular as .coms and almost everybody (think it would be hard to find some 1 who hasnt) has heard of co.uk here. as for .net its got a very low profile over here

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back