Dynadot

analysis I lost the plot big time!

NameSilo
Watch

WINNA

Established Member
Impact
Today marks almost 20 years in the domain industry for me. I have lied, begged, stole, gambled, gone back on my word, ended up in prison and spent the last 20 years in mental institutions.

I have sold my soul to domaining and used threats to get what I wanted.

I don't like the person I have become because of it. The insatiable need to buy domains out of my reach and be banned on auction platforms. I just sold 2 domains on Godaddy and I still haven't been paid.

At present I have lied to gain social acceptance. I am on a disability pension and have used other people's credit cards without their consent (mainly Family) to buy domains.

Is it all worth it?

I am still bitter and twisted of how I have become, yet I believed in this industry so much that I put my life and others on the line.

I seriously need to think about it is as my mental health is starting to confuse the person I once was.

I was impeccably groomed and meticulously well mannered before I took up domaining. My record was squeaky clean and I had no issues.

Where to next?

That answer awaits with great patience. Whatever I have done to others through my actions, I am truly sorry and ask for forgiveness.

I will not allow my self to be consumed by greed ever again.

JeffGeaney.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
my mental health is starting to confuse the person I once was

Oooh, I see a breach of contract defense coming...

•••
I was impeccably groomed and meticulously well mannered...

In fact, he would have won "best in show" at the local kennel club show had he not shit on the carpet and bit one of the judges in the final round.

alg_dancing_judges.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
Most interesting thread that I read in a long, long time!

I wish you health..strong, serene mental health!

•••
After weeks of communication I said I would shoot Bob Parsons if I didn't get them back.
Did you forget to add two keywords..
I said I would shoot Bob Parsons a email...

•••
Do you think owning FSChilling.com is a good move with Uniregistry or am I using skulduggery as one of my weaknesses?

I believe you're addicted to "Crime" and using the word "Domaining" as a excuse to justify your behavior.
Try placing yourself in the situation you placed others to see if that helps. Getting away with a crime is in fact addictive until you are the victim.

•••
You were informed on May 7, 2010, GoDaddy had ended its business relationship with you due to threatening staff members.

Ah, yep. That’ll do it. So, you did bite one of the judges.

That’s the best way to get the boot from Uniregistry as well.

Last edited:
•••
Sounds like domaining wasn't for you

•••
Domaning is a dirty industry, no doubt.

Absolutely not true...

I know a lot of honourable domainers who would never think of doing anything dirty or untoward. The industry is filled with people and when you are dealing with people you have to take the good with the bad.

I have done tens of thousands of dollars of business on this forum with a verbal handshake. I have never let my peers down after I made a commitment. The same has gone for many of them when they made promises to me.

So as far as that statement goes I beg to differ, there are a lot of good people in the domaining industry and it's a small percentage that is giving everyone a bad rep, but that is the same for everything, we lock our car doors because a small percentage of people will take our belongings. Calling everyone a thief would not be an accurate description of the general public.

Anyways.... that's my opinion on the matter.

•••
domaining is good for people

if everyone was domainer this earth would be eden

•••
Today marks almost 20 years in the domain industry for me. I have lied, begged, stole, gambled, gone back on my word, ended up in prison and spent the last 20 years in mental institutions.

I don't like the person I have become because of it. The insatiable need to buy domains out of my reach and be banned on auction platforms. I just sold 2 domains on Godaddy and I still haven't been paid.

At present I have lied to gain social acceptance. I am on a disability pension and have used other people's credit cards without their consent (mainly Family) to buy domains.

Is it all worth it?

I am still bitter and twisted of how I have become, yet I believed in this industry so much that I put my life and others on the line.

I seriously need to think about it is as my mental health is starting to confuse the person I once was.

I was impeccably groomed and meticulously well mannered before I took up domaining. My record was squeaky clean and I had no issues.

Where to next?

That answer awaits with great patience. Whatever I have done to others through my actions, I am truly sorry and ask for forgiveness.

JeffGeaney.com

Domaning is a dirty industry, no doubt.

•••
It must have been hard to write your post, @WINNA and although I don't know you just wanted to say that I admire your commitment to start fresh and not make the mistakes of the past.

There is no doubt that domaining can be highly addictive, leading some of us to make poor life choices. It is a serious problem that we should all keep in mind.

There is an element of addiction to domaining and most people here may have experienced it. My advice is, it's never late to restart with your approach to people and domaining. Use what you have learned as experience and move forward with no regrets.
^^^ This

I hope that you will find a positive, balanced and healthy life going forward. We can, none of us, change the past, but we can all make better decisions going forward.

Sincerely,

Bob

•••
No valid passport!

Speaking as someone who occasionally fields threatening messages sent to Uniregistry employees, I don't care who you are, where you are, or how you get around, if you make a criminal threat to any of my clients' employees, and I can figure out where you are, then all of the information goes right to your local law enforcement agency.

You don't threaten violence against people. Period.

•••

Is it all worth it?

Where to next?

JeffGeaney.com

looks to me like domaining has given u plenty of time to reflect on useless things and post them on forum

so it's not bad imo...cause some people in world have real.problems to tackle..like hard work every day.. worry to feed kids...shelter...etc

•••
maybe you have watched too many TV shows about AA meetings

just admitting that you are an ass*le doesn't heal you
simply stopping being ass*le right now will cure you

•••
•••
Could it be that his account has been hacked?

By Godaddy themselves and they Locked me out of my account today. They banned me back in 2010 after 2 domains were stolen from my account. After weeks of communication I said I would shoot Bob Parsons if I didn't get them back. After the threat I got the 2 domains back. How could I shoot him if I live in Australia!

Last edited:
•••
Were those 2 domains worth it?
Have you recently started smoking something different?

Sorry don't smoke anything not even cigarettes. Sometimes you have got to do what you gotta do to keep your head above quicksand!

•••
•••
“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

•••

Hi

Is there any point or benefit in giving those links that end up at the same lander that has winna on top, and crypto race betting video with couple of views that is hard to figure if it is your business or bwin's and why are you trying to promote it.

At least, before you had list of names and someone could find something and buy. Now that is gone, your names are not listed anywhere, especially on Afternic. This is not sustainable and will lead to more loses with renewals. With 3000 names, you should be having 20-40 sales a year good for $30K to $80K revenue.

Let me know if you need any help.

•••
Well at least now you are free as you have expressed yourself to yourself. There is an element of addiction to domaining and most people here may have experienced it. My advice is, it's never late to restart with your approach to people and domaining. Use what you have learned as experience and move forward with no regrets.

•••
Hmmm... may the force be with you (!?)

•••
It would be interesting to know more details, is this only you or does it include others?

With all the information discussed here on this forum regarding crooked situations, less than honest bidding platforms, scandals, shills, touts, domain pumpers, groups who bid, partnering, fake sales among friends, etc you probably have quite a viewpoint.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back