Dynadot

I lost $5805usd through PayPal scam by Shane Bellone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
Many of my friend suggested me to post this on namepros so others will less likely to be scamed by shane.

So on 2016-09-26 and 2016-09-27 he bought 374 cvcv.in names and 471 cvcv.in names all together 845 .in names together. (these are random cvcv.in)
together he paid me on paypal 5805 usd.

I pushed the domain to him, then everything is fine. the deal was made through whatsapp chat.
deal closed.
then I saw him selling them on .in markect group, flipped some for higher price.

until 27the decenmber when i log in to my paypal to make another purchase, i see paypal refunded 5805 back to him, then i look up my email, i saw paypal disput which i completed missed.
buyer claim reason: NOT AS DESCRIBED! (this is after he sold and transfer out some of those)

I did not know paypal had this 3 months rules where buyer can claim the money back, and becuase i do not log on paypal so often and get xxx amount of emails every days, so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal. but well lesson learned.

Some infomation of shane so other can avoid being scamed by him
http://this_username_was_banned.com/
http://www.domainsherpa.com/shane-bellone-itmagazine-interview/
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/05/shane-bellone-saying-goodbye-to-domaining.html
http://omarandwill.com/interview-with-the-expert-volume-2-featuring-shane-bellone/
https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10154332611129273
https://www.linkedin.com/in/this_username_was_banned

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned

good news is after I provided all the evidence to the registrar, the registrar moved the remaining (ones he did not sold or transfer out) to my account, so at least i got something back.

Becuareful when using paypal,and becuareful when you trade any domain that was processed by shane.

During the process of getting the unsold domains by shane, I had great help from .in whatsapp group, so special thx who provide information and also special thx to shiva , kemji, alexa and indy who tried to contact shane for me, but he went dark, not picking his cell phone, does not respond back on whatsapp nor linkedin.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,019
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 395
  • 3.png
    3.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 微信截图_20161228201831.png
    微信截图_20161228201831.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 363
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A good point, but in my eyes: Porven guilty until he shows up here AND REPLIES HIMSELF.

I could not think of a single person i know to not defend their own reputation.

If you are accused of any Wrong Doing, you show up yourself and post your side of the story... even if its just that single post, but to just not reply is childish and tells tales all on its own.

Then this: maybe i missed something but did @12no3 proove hes claimed identity to the staff? Absolutetly no accusation intended but that would add allot of credibility to hes side of the story imo.

problem is as was just reported in this thread. his account has been what? deleted? banned? I forget. so can't really reply back. not here to defend him just saying.

•••
problem is as was just reported in this thread. his account has been what? deleted? banned? I forget. so can't really reply back. not here to defend him just saying.
There are ways to get hes word in this thread if he wanted.... lol.

•••
I didn't know! I stand correct! :xf.wink: thanks!

•••
The OP has laid out plenty of evidence including documentation. There is no need for anything further from the OP until Shane or his associate David clarify their position. So far their rebuttal has been confusing and lacks any foundation. It's their turn to provide some documentation and that seems like it's not going to happen. Your aggressive rants attacking the OP is beyond acceptable and it's pretty clear you have a vested interest in this.

trying to follow here. Who is "David"? brb getting second bowl of popcorn and cold beer!

•••
trying to follow here. Who is "David"? brb getting second bowl of popcorn and cold beer!
His name is banned on here that's probably why you're confused.

Last edited:
•••
His name is banned on here that's why you're confused.

oh wow! damn I never knew NP was so juicy. ok Continue! lol it's a monday. I was going to watch soaps but this is too good!

•••
oh wow! damn I never knew NP was so juicy. ok Continue! lol it's a monday. I was going to watch soaps but this is too good!
He is still a member here, he can come and say what he wants in the thread if he wishes.

•••
•••
•••
This is crazy. Lots of lessons to be learned here. Primarily: If you have an online account associated or dealing with money, be sure they have a means to contact you ASAP. If you were notified when the dispute was originally made, and had supporting evidence for your claim, I think this wouldn't of happened. Who knows, could be wrong... but check your email daily!

•••
lol I wonder if Shane has friends at Paypal? he has friends at Flippa. Friends at NP. why not Paypal. some people are just good at making friends.

•••
•••
I also think OP can't produce the necessary evidence to merit all this nonsense, and he is just trying to save face in his '.in' group..

Wrong.

•••

Then where is it? I don't see it; let's see a report for the registrar on what happened.

In fact, some people who are doing the research are having problems pinning down the chain of custody of the 42 domain names.

Show that these domains went from OP -> Shane Bellone -> WW/GD/SOLD

I wouldn't have made these kinds of claims without such a report. So for gods sake hold the OP accountable to do the minimum due diligence instead of just telling a story with some PayPal screenshots.

Again, that's what this forum should require from people that make such accusations.

This isn't about if Shane is right or wrong, it's about people basing claims on very little merit but on one sided opinion.

Last edited:
•••
My speculation based on this thread and on twitter is...

Shane made a deal to buy ~850 domains.
The transaction went through without a hitch at the end of Sept.
He sold 42 domain successfully between September to December.
End of December, he was unable to access 1 or more domains in his account apparently.
He then decided to back out the deal and dispute the payment with the Seller.
Seller failed to check inbox during Christmas period and Shane won by default.
Seller + several others chase Shane for several weeks without reply.

So we need to know one thing, was the total number of domain names returned as Shane indicated in the transcript above. We need a full list of all domains in the transaction and we need to work out if the 42 domains were not returned. That's it. If all domains were returned as indicated above, case closed. If Shane did not return 42 domains as OP claims, then there is a big issue.

As for backing out of the deal several months later. Using a fake email address "throwaway" and racial and political insults, claiming he didn't have seller's contact information, claiming domains were "stuck" and whatever else I left out.....that's another story.

Last edited:
•••
Shane refuses to come back to NP for some reason so I guess he doesn't care enough about this. If someone was accusing me of being a scammer I would be here in a heart beat.
Not sure why some folks are talking BS about OP's situation here.... As per the info the only thing wrong he did was not replying to the the dispute which he lost by default.

There are more questions to Shane rather than OP and if Shane is not wrong, he should have come to this thread and shared his view which he is not doing. This is only going to hurt him rather than OP.
Until you hear all the facts no one can be sure, I personally want to hear more from the other side of this.. :xf.wink:
Looking at the plain facts, the OP has been scammed and lost money. The only mistake OP did was not to check email during the time chargeback was made on Paypal.

If Shane is innocent as his minnows here claim to be why the freaking hell doesn't he respond to calls & WA messages ? Why????? Shane has time to update his twitter feed BUT no freaking time to respond to messages.

Attaching SCREENSHOTS of Shane's twitter feed
Why isn't Shane responding, anyone can answer this question ???????
I hate to post in threads like this but some people on this forum seem to think and act like Namepros is the centre of the domaining world. There are many many successful domainers who have nothing to do with this forum or the people that use it. You have to consider the possibility that the reason he does not reply here is because he doesn't give two sh it's about what anyone here thinks and thinks he doesn't need this forum or anyone in it to be successful. I enjoy reading the threads here but sometimes I can only cringe at how a lot of users on here conduct themselves.

•••
Then where is it? I don't see it; let's see a report for the registrar on what happened.

In fact, some people who are doing the research are having problems pinning down the chain of custody of the 42 domain names.

Show that these domains went from OP -> Shane Bellone -> WW/GD/SOLD

I wouldn't have made these kinds of claims without such a report. So for gods sake hold the OP accountable to do the minimum due diligence instead of just telling a story with some PayPal screenshots.

Again, that's what this forum should require from people that make such accusations.

This isn't about if Shane is right or wrong, it's about people basing claims on very little merit but on one sided opinion.

My point is about .in group, he doesn't need to save anything, we are aware of this mess.

•••
•••
How can a domain be defective?

•••
He was probably speaking in a way to try and validate his claim under PayPal's Buyer Protection..

"My product received was defective."

..if I had to hazard a guess.

It's probably not his first rodeo. O_o

Last edited:
•••
He bought a bulk amount of domains to resell then found out he couldn't transfer them out, rendering them useless (defective)

Obviously the seller new Shane's intention was to sell them on, so if he knew they couldn't be transferred out, the seller is in the wrong.

•••
Official statement from .IN WhatsApp MOD GROUP ".in group moderators tried to solve the issue smoothly since 28-Dec-2016, but buyer Shane Bellone has not responded yet..."

We are just presenting the factual details we have , we have not taken any sides here .. let the community decide.

Attachments

• CVCV_in_DisputeResolution_v1.pdf
    50 KB · Views: 74
•••
@domainpundit thanks for posting the timelines and facts from .in WhatsApp group.

I've known and chatted to Shane many times over WhatsApp and sometimes here on NP too. I was very surprised to hear the accusations against him when it first surfaced. Like others in the group, I asked the OP to have patience and wait a few days for Shane to respond.

I also know the OP from the domaining scene and know him to be a reputable domainer. Whether you believe he is a millionaire or not is irrelevant. As someone has mentioned, not everyone who domains is a member here or shouts out about their dealings. But again, all that is irrelevant.

The fact is, the two of them made a deal for 900 domains. Shane was the buyer and as outlined in the attached PDF (post above), he was very happy with the deal and shared it with a group of over 200 people. He contacted several people over the next few weeks trying to sell some of the domains for a profit. Myself included. I have messages here on NP as well on WhatsApp along with the PDF or TXT file he sent across.

This file also contains the 42 domains which he later sold to other members (who I also know and if they wish they can come forward and verify this - although not really necessary). So this proves that he bought these domains as part of that deal and also shows that they were sold on.

I am also aware that about two months after buying the domains, Shane was having issues with transferring domains out of West.xyz - but it's not impossible... it's just a pain since the site has very poor flows, bad English and poor user experience. I can relate to this since I've also used the registrar. However, the support staff were extremely helpful and it took 2-3 days to begin a transfer-out process for my .in domains from there.

That said, what I find odd is that despite doing the deal via WhatsApp and being very active there, Shane didn't manage to raise the issue with the seller directly. Furthermore, we have several Chinese-speaking investors in the group as well as people who have used West.xyz in general and Shane could've asked openly for help.

Another point is that he bought the domains at that registrar and there is nothing to say that it's the sellers responsibility to inform anyone of the simplicity or complexity of transferring domains out. The transfer-out process being complex does not render the domains useless. He could use them (change setup, nameservers etc.), he could sell them and push them at that registrar etc. So using that excuse in the PayPal claim indicates negative intentions imo.

My assumptions (not facts) are that he bought the names to do a quick-flip. He started sharing the names out trying to sell the them within a day or two of buying them. His pricing was quite high to start with but eventually started reducing to try and get a sale. He sold only a few (42) and realised it'll take too long to shift the rest and renewals were fast approaching. Maybe he panicked, maybe he needed funds quickly... whatever the reason, he claimed a refund (wrongly imo based on the facts).

He was active several times a day, having general conversations in the WhatsApp group about all sorts of things - then just as this happens to goes completely silent. If he is innocent then he could've stuck around and discussed this or tried to resolve it. To me it appears as though he had no itentions of doing that so went off-the-radar.

Now, trying not to judge here - but it's hard not to. For the 200+ people involved in these groups, it likely points to the same thing for us after witness these events. It's really sad, because I thought Shane is one of the good guys (despite his abruptness sometimes). Especially after the Adam Dicker thing he exposed... it seems absolutely crazy that he would be the one involved in something like this.

•••
NOTICE - Please stay on topic
You know how portfolio buys go, 90 percent crap, 10 percent cream of the crop.
GoDaddy made a horrible decision buying MostWantedDomains and Marchex then.

•••
I hate to post in threads like this but some people on this forum seem to think and act like Namepros is the centre of the domaining world. There are many many successful domainers who have nothing to do with this forum or the people that use it. You have to consider the possibility that the reason he does not reply here is because he doesn't give two sh it's about what anyone here thinks and thinks he doesn't need this forum or anyone in it to be successful. I enjoy reading the threads here but sometimes I can only cringe at how a lot of users on here conduct themselves.

Not sure why you're quoting me, I've been very neutral and haven't sided with any one.. :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back