IT.COM

domains I know it’s only expired domains but I like it - RonnieWood.com closes at $60,000 a lot to unpack

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
There is something lately with celebrity and personal domain names lately. JohnHaydon.com closed at $14,700 at GoDaddy yesterday. Sadly Mr.Haydon passed away last February. Hayden was an expert in non profit marketing. Today RonnieWood.com closed at $60,000. The Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones. Wood has been with the Stones since 1975. His website was […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
very risky purchase in my opinion, especially as his co.uk has a link to the .com one......It also looks like the art store on co.uk is run by by Universal Music by the look of the store T&C's and they won't mess around with any UDRP....

Also the T&C's on the actual site all say RonnieWood.com (n)
https://www.ronniewood.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

As I say very risky.......

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think this Ronnie Wood song is somehow relevant.

•••
very risky purchase in my opinion, especially as his co.uk has a link to the .com one......It also looks like the art store on co.uk is run by by Universal Music by the look of the store T&C's and they won't mess around with any UDRP....

Also the T&C's on the actual site all say RonnieWood.com (n)
https://www.ronniewood.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

As I say very risky.......
Pretty Strong domain but there are all kinds of people in the world today

I have also seen pretty strong domains bought and not put to use.

I have myself done it in the past. It is just the nature of the business.
Imagine building an affiliate site off a strong SEO domain you bought for 3000 usd
Imagine you start making 20k a month in affiliate commision in 6th month

You suddenly want to buy more domains and bid for several domains in auctions and feel too lazy to start all the sites at one go.

•••
If he wasn't the buyer I suspect this was a fake bid

•••
Maybe bought as a collectible by a fan.
Probably his handkerchief or a pair of sunglasses would net even more.

•••
This means I can still try to sell my avicii.org? I'm scared by TM infringement...

How does it work? Could the domain be sellable even if it's contain the name of the person?

•••
•••
I own a music star's name, more popular than Ronnie Wood. This person never came after me in the 18 plus years I've owned it. I was always afraid to offer it anywhere and never have. I just redirect it to a word puzzle site.

•••
Back