Dynadot

information I have won a great domain, but unfortunately it is canceled

NameSilo
Watch
Hello guys
Just to share you, that I have won a great domain name through Godaddy expired auction before two days, but unfortunately it is renewed today and canceled from my account.
The domain name is:
TheInsurance.com
Thanks for all

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Happened to me often as well .. totally sucks! :(

I actually bid on this domain .. but only cheap .. it ended at $3,750 .. not an unfair price.

I think that they would never go right up to the deadline because then payment would have to come in before GoDaddy was scheduled to release it, causing them to lose their money. That is most likely why there is so much time. It gives them a week to either get the money from you or try to pass it to the next person in line.

Don't forget 5 days at closeout for the vast majority of domains that don't get bids. This phase of the process still gives them cash .. plus more importantly keeps the domain with one of their paying customers!

•••
Happened to me often as well .. totally sucks! :(

I actually bid on this domain .. but only cheap .. it ended at $3,750 .. not an unfair price.

Don't forget 5 days at closeout for the vast majority of domains that don't get bids. This phase of the process still gives them cash .. plus more importantly keeps the domain with one of their paying customers!

Right. Meaning that the gap between end of auction and transfer has almost 0 chance of being shortened. But I think that it is entirely about those reasons and very little to do with giving the previous owner an extra chance to renew. In fact, they probably lose money when people renew right before the final deadline.

Last edited:
•••
I agree, in the true English language it is really not all that great.

It seems many people bidding on these domains, English is not their mother tongue language, translators cannot define proper term use.

The Insurance is an incomplete term, you need a connecting keyword to tie in the purpose. ie) The Insurance Group
The Insurance is fine as a standalone.

You can say "I did not like the insurance" meaning the policy.

Or

The insurance I have is great.

•••
•••
$3,750
And my proxy bid was $4,900
That is a very aggressive bid, good thing about this industry is,
The Insurance is fine as a standalone.

You can say "I did not like the insurance" meaning the policy.

Or

The insurance I have is great.
Insurance is all about selling "The Insurance" does not sell anything... add The Insurance Agency, The Insurance Consultants, The Insurance Party, The Insurance Company etc..

The greatest piece of information we have is the registrants of all the different extensions are different, the common thing they all share, all their domains are parked, and awaiting an end user sale buyer.

I guess we have different views on what we would spend our $5K in the aftermarket. It is a great gamble if you can sell the dream to someone for a higher price, by all means.

Last edited:
•••
That is a very aggressive bid, good thing about this industry is,

Insurance is all about selling "The Insurance" does not sell anything... add The Insurance Agency, The Insurance Consultants, The Insurance Party, The Insurance Company etc..

The greatest piece of information we have is the registrants of all the different extensions are different, the common thing they all share, all their domains are parked, and awaiting an end user sale buyer.

I guess we have different views on what we would spend our $5K in the aftermarket. It is a great gamble if you can sell the dream to someone for a higher price, by all means.

I wouldn't pay mid $xxxx to buy it, but won't be surprised at end user sale of $10K-20K range. Let's say, my upper limit for this one would be $1,500.

Still, for not very liquid names, you have to buy them at 1/20 to 1/8 of the price you hope to sell it for.

And, again, TheInsurance, LLC would be a great brand regardless.

See TheGeneral.com

Incidentally, it is an insurance company.

And, for the area I work in, I'd pay mid $xxxx easily for The+, like TheFinance, TheBrand, TheMarketing...

•••
Same feeling.
The domain now under private registration.

This happens to the names that auctioned off for high price with multiple bidders.

One of those bidders, probably, after they lost, contacted the current owner and offered him, let's say, $2K for the name. The current owner had to just pay $90 to get the name back and move it to buyer...

•••
Right. Meaning that the gap between end of auction and transfer has almost 0 chance of being shortened. But I think that it is entirely about those reasons and very little to do with giving the previous owner an extra chance to renew. In fact, they probably lose money when people renew right before the final deadline.

They could reduce the redemption period by 6-7 days ... essentially to the day it goes on auction. Personally I think that would be the best solution. But who knows how much money they collect from domains renewed out of redemption .. probably also a lot of money there as well.

•••
https://www.namepros.com/threads/dynadot-auction-terms-question.1015659/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/dynadot-auction-terms-question.1015659/
Well, that sort of answer's my general question of auction platforms- that this is happening elsewhere.

Where else? Anybody have input on other platforms? Namejet? I don't think so. Once something is on the block it's on the block.

GoDaddy being one of the largest platforms/user bases allows such free appraisal and fishing expeditions like this on Auctions? Wow. Dynadot's registrant did it to me (see above) after I bid on a name and I posted this on another thread, a new discovery about some incompetent or slimey domainers.

I find it really idiotic, this delay after being auctioned and sold then being grabbed by the previous registrant, I mean these are really low hanging fruit people. Put a minimum opening price or reserve or don't sell it.

•••
I just wanted to add a little footnote

Personally I don't think TheInsurance.com is such a great domain.

Don't sweat it because you probably saved the purchase price and a number of years of renewals as you sat waiting for someone to bite on it.

Sometimes things happen for the better, maybe your next auction win will be better and a successful catch.

•••
lol i once registered a cctld food.my, my is malaysia of course. Then guess what, the owner renewed it just before it got transferred to me >:( >:(

•••
Happened with me recently.
I was happy on acquisition of couponpartner.com and i got a mail from GoDaddy that the domain was renewed.

•••
how did you come to know that it has been cancelled ??
Did they (godaddy) inform you ??
or
you have checked status that it has gone to "WON" TO "DIDN'T NOT WIN
Did you get your money,BACK Right after that or it will take time ??Its big amount to hold by them

•••
Happened with me recently.
I was happy on acquisition of couponpartner.com and i got a mail from GoDaddy that the domain was renewed.
how many days after"domain ready date" you got that mail..,,,,when will be your money back in your hand ?

•••
how did you come to know that it has been cancelled ??
Did they (godaddy) inform you ??
or
you have checked status that it has gone to "WON" TO "DIDN'T NOT WIN
Did you get your money,BACK Right after that or it will take time ??Its big amount to hold by them
When I have decided to pay, I didn't find the domain in won items, so I have contacted them by phone, they told me that the domain renewed by the original owner.

Last edited:
•••
how many days after"domain ready date" you got that mail..,,,,when will be your money back in your hand ?

I got that mail from Godaddy after 4 days of winning bid.

Now the money have been refunded, within the same week.

•••
Shows how subjective domain names are. Some say its worth $XXXXX and some say $XXX. What a great industry. Personaly I wouldnt have even regged it.

•••
Shows how subjective domain names are. Some say its worth $XXXXX and some say $XXX. What a great industry. Personaly I wouldnt have even regged it.
its THE RIGHT END USER /perfect buyer game

•••
This has happened to me on several occasions. On some really awesome domain names. Yeap it sucks for some auctions I was up til 3 am in the morning, but its part of the game not much you can do about it.

I've learned not to celebrate or announce the name until the domain is in my Godaddy account.

•••
Insurance is one of the most valuable keywords, if it didn't have "the" it would be worth million/s.... addition of "The" is not so bad as it is short, not distracting,...

Definitely worth more than reg fee imo:)

•••
Another auction has been canceled today
I have won another domain name before three days, before a few hours, Godaddy sent me that the domain renewed, and it is No longer available.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back