Dynadot

I have purchase this domain at 1000 USD

NameSilo
Watch

viento

Established Member
Impact
I have purchased web.ooo at 1000 usd , since i consider there are lots of end users .

i also purchased internet.ooo website.ooo .nets.ooo at cheap price .

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would think because it does not represent a word. It's just a symbol. Like Dot###

The other problem with this extension is every A-Z can go triple. DotAAA-DOTZZZ

So there could be 26 of these "just hit the key three times" extensions.(more competition down the road)

My guess is they picked O because of it's symmetry. It is the only letter you can spin and it stays relatively the same.
There could be more 24 of these since .xxx is already available. :)

My guess is they picked .ooo because they wanted to play tic tac toe with .xxx

•••
LOL I was adding that to my post as you quoted me

•••
There could be more 24 of these since .xxx is already available. :)

My guess is they picked .ooo because they wanted to play tic tac toe with .xxx

XXX .OOO even.AAA is good domain extension to chinese ,just for easy memory ,typing friendly.

We are not english speaking country ,the domains to us are only symbol.

to english speaking countries ,online is good extension ,while ,it will not be accepted in China,it's long and less people know the meaning.

why com is pop ,since big companies all use it ,more normal people know it .

About the AAA .OOO XXX, three same letters is very limit in future

except .bb .cc .ee gg mm ,tt,

and spin o is still o ,other letters are not ,the capital of O is still o ,O is the most perfect letter.

Good company using O

GOOGLE
MICROSOFT
YAHOO
TAOBAO
FACEBOOK
qihoo(360.com so.com)

O stand for complete ,circle ,it is alike earth,ball,

for this domain oring.ooo ,by imagination,it's very good to understand .

•••
I will apply to get .AAA extension 1-3 Ls and 1-3 N will be reg fees of $2.2. Stay tuned

•••
•••
Good luck on your purchase.
Is there any Aftermarket .OOO sales?

•••
According to Namebio, one 2L .OOO (IG .OOO) sold for $924.

•••
•••
11.ooo was sold at 3100 USD at sedo

i told you all .ooo is only for chinese and russia currently,

other countries have too many choices .

Chinese thinking is different to yours, i know many people still laugh at this extension,one day ,i sure the domain will be accepted by a lot of end users.

•••
11.ooo was sold at 3100 USD at sedo

i told you all .ooo is only for chinese and russia currently,

other countries have too many choices .

Chinese thinking is different to yours, i know many people still laugh at this extension,one day ,i sure the domain will be accepted by a lot of end users.

that's different.. because NNs / LLs really hold value.. and the buyers were obviously trying to make their domain look like "11,000".

•••
I will wait for the day that .111 hits the market.

•••
that's different.. because NNs / LLs really hold value.. and the buyers were obviously trying to make their domain look like "11,000".

.000 does not exist ,i don't think the numbers extension will come out ,for most end users ,they have the basic knowledge .

•••
I would not have bought it,or maybe the guy would have sold it cheaper Than 1000,BUT whats done is done ,and if you like it ,im sure an end user that has something exact will love it ,you just gotta ''work'' your way out of this one and try to pull a profit, do not just try to make your money back ,stay high when pitching it. and be very flexible,Good luck Ben

•••
Wow, that's a steep price for a .ooo, but hopefully you can turn a nice profit.

Do some research my friend and maybe you can come back here and let us know that you sold it for load of money and start the .ooo craze! ;)

truckload.jpg

•••
Darn...I just checked now if i could grab:

000.ooo & ooo.ooo

but both are taken... lol would have been nice to have those I reckon

i didnt know there was an .ooo but if the chinese buyers consider ooo as 000 a couple of 8's in front would sell i suppose

•••
i didnt know there was an .ooo but if the chinese buyers consider ooo as 000 a couple of 8's in front would sell i suppose

Lol... actually if I was able to grab one of those domais... either 000.ooo or ooo.ooo - I would have just kept it for myself and redirected it to my company site... only because it would be cool and easy to give someone ur url over the phone or in person without even need write it down or spell it. (you can say " just log onto my site: triple O dot trple O") Also, if someone see that URL on another site or on a advert even...it would be really tempting to click on...even if just out of curiosity to see what the site is.... I mean if saw a URL with just ooo.ooo - I would definitely be temped to click on it just to see what the site is about :)

•••
This is intended as advice and discussion, not criticism :)

1000 USD could not get good name .com
That is simply not true, you must be looking in the wrong places. Also, your 'alternative' to not being able to spend your $1k on a good .com is to instead spend it on an unknown TLD with no sales? How is that a better investment?

If you spent time looking in the right places, you could get a .com for $1k and flip it for $2k without a problem.

Lowering your risk even further, if you spent 3 or so hours looking you could get a .com for low $xxx (say $200) that you could flip for mid to high $xxx (or more) so at least getting $400 or more and doubling your money.
So you could buy 5 .com domains for the price of your one and make a quick and tidy low $xxx profit on each of those 5. That's $1k profit + initial investment back, and thus your money doubled. And most likely a chance to at least re-sell them for what you paid (if bought wisely), and they're low investment amounts, so no major risk either.

Then you have 2K, rinse and repeat and soon you have major investment money.

Bu instead you invest on a major risk with nothing more than hope because there are no sales to be able to research and establish a likely value. No sales in a TLD means no-one is buying them, which means no-one is selling them, which means you won't sell yours.

I hope you sell, and it is possible in the crazy world of domaining, but the facts and data show this was a huge risk with little chance, and that makes it a gamble. While some risk is unavoidable in trading and investing (in anything), and luck is very welcome, 90% of the time a gamble does not pay off.

Good luck though :)

•••
How exactly are you going to introduce your website to people in person?

"It's web dot oh oh oh" - "no, not zero, zero, zero; it's o, as in oscar, o, o."

Or

"It's web dot Ooooo [like a ghost]"
So not only does it not pass the radio test, but it doesn't even pass the 'in person and explained in depth' test.

There are domainers who didn't even know this TLD existed, so what chance have you with end users who barely know beyond a popular few?

Maybe a non-English country will mop them up, such as China. I personally doubt it as they are "investing" and an investment needs to hold some value with potential future ROI, or at least hold the price they paid - and that is not $1k for a TLD no-one buys or sells.

•••
This is intended as advice and discussion, not criticism :)

That is simply not true, you must be looking in the wrong places. Also, your 'alternative' to not being able to spend your $1k on a good .com is to instead spend it on an unknown TLD with no sales? How is that a better investment?

If you spent time looking in the right places, you could get a .com for $1k and flip it for $2k without a problem.

Lowering your risk even further, if you spent 3 or so hours looking you could get a .com for low $xxx (say $200) that you could flip for mid to high $xxx (or more) so at least getting $400 or more and doubling your money.
So you could buy 5 .com domains for the price of your one and make a quick and tidy low $xxx profit on each of those 5. That's $1k profit + initial investment back, and thus your money doubled. And most likely a chance to at least re-sell them for what you paid (if bought wisely), and they're low investment amounts, so no major risk either.

Then you have 2K, rinse and repeat and soon you have major investment money.

Bu instead you invest on a major risk with nothing more than hope because there are no sales to be able to research and establish a likely value. No sales in a TLD means no-one is buying them, which means no-one is selling them, which means you won't sell yours.

I hope you sell, and it is possible in the crazy world of domaining, but the facts and data show this was a huge risk with little chance, and that makes it a gamble. While some risk is unavoidable in trading and investing (in anything), and luck is very welcome, 90% of the time a gamble does not pay off.

Good luck though :)

thank you for your long reply.

your comment is not all ture,i buy this domain as the end user thinking .

web.ooo is better than most of four letters non meaning dot com ,this is my thinking,because it is definite meaning for website design and domains register.

the key thing, the customers will remember this website when they visit firstly.Other normal .com domains ,i don't think they have that function .

•••
•••
you all know networksolutions.com ,i use their service since 2009,I am English learner ,my English is not bad,but their website name still trouble me a lot,finally i left.

currently , their name is web.com ,it's very easy for me and other none English speakers.

how many people still remember networksolutions.com ?

•••
Unfortunately way too many of us that have been in the domain world for a long time remember them! :(

•••
Netsol...... lol wow man, been a while since I even heard their name.

•••
web.ooo is better than most of four letters non meaning dot com
You say your domain is worth money to the Chinese specifically, but then state a random 4L.com is not as good? China are "investing", that means they want a ROI or at least a stable investment, hence their buying 4L.com.
3L.ooo is not a stable investment. No-one knows what it is worth now, nor in the future!

The only saving grace is the keyword "web". You might actually sell it, but the word "might" is what makes it a risk and unlikely.

If you disagree, then prove to me with data and stats what your domain name is worth.
Here's your starting data to prove your domain name value:
https://namebio.com/?s=QO4ADO4ETN
https://namebio.com/?s=wMzEDO4ETN

YOU do for starters...and so will most other people because it's a very easy to remember name. You're just comparing it to "web.com" which of course is easier to remember, but that doesn't thereby make "networksolutions.com" a bad name, nor does any of this make "web.ooo" a good name.

You're not thinking about the right things, perhaps driven by a high desire to make big money, as most are, but desire, hope, risk, and lack of knowledge are not good things to have when "investing".

Last edited:
•••
my final argue,

.OOO to you is none value ,to us ,it' value ,the same to .cn

To you .online is value ,to us it's none value. i don't think our end users will use .online

the different society caused the different thinking . for example, Chinese like "numbers" domains as website,while English countries dislike it .

15.ooo sold at 3000 USD
11.ooo sold at 3000 USD
ig.ooo sold at 924 USD
700.ooo sold at 1000 USD

those domains all we Chinese invest ,we know each other.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back