IT.COM

I have purchase this domain at 1000 USD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

viento

Established Member
Impact
I have purchased web.ooo at 1000 usd , since i consider there are lots of end users .

i also purchased internet.ooo website.ooo .nets.ooo at cheap price .

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can think of many more .com domains that could have been bought for $1000, hold their present value, and appreciate...

I'd grace delete if possible.

•••
if nobody buy ,i could use it by myself.
How exactly are you going to introduce your website to people in person?

"It's web dot oh oh oh" - "no, not zero, zero, zero; it's o, as in oscar, o, o."

Or

"It's web dot Ooooo [like a ghost]"

•••
I would think because it does not represent a word. It's just a symbol. Like Dot###

The other problem with this extension is every A-Z can go triple. DotAAA-DOTZZZ

So there could be 26 of these "just hit the key three times" extensions.(more competition down the road)

My guess is they picked O because of it's symmetry. It is the only letter you can spin and it stays relatively the same.
There could be more 24 of these since .xxx is already available. :)

My guess is they picked .ooo because they wanted to play tic tac toe with .xxx

•••
This is intended as advice and discussion, not criticism :)

1000 USD could not get good name .com
That is simply not true, you must be looking in the wrong places. Also, your 'alternative' to not being able to spend your $1k on a good .com is to instead spend it on an unknown TLD with no sales? How is that a better investment?

If you spent time looking in the right places, you could get a .com for $1k and flip it for $2k without a problem.

Lowering your risk even further, if you spent 3 or so hours looking you could get a .com for low $xxx (say $200) that you could flip for mid to high $xxx (or more) so at least getting $400 or more and doubling your money.
So you could buy 5 .com domains for the price of your one and make a quick and tidy low $xxx profit on each of those 5. That's $1k profit + initial investment back, and thus your money doubled. And most likely a chance to at least re-sell them for what you paid (if bought wisely), and they're low investment amounts, so no major risk either.

Then you have 2K, rinse and repeat and soon you have major investment money.

Bu instead you invest on a major risk with nothing more than hope because there are no sales to be able to research and establish a likely value. No sales in a TLD means no-one is buying them, which means no-one is selling them, which means you won't sell yours.

I hope you sell, and it is possible in the crazy world of domaining, but the facts and data show this was a huge risk with little chance, and that makes it a gamble. While some risk is unavoidable in trading and investing (in anything), and luck is very welcome, 90% of the time a gamble does not pay off.

Good luck though :)

•••
•••
This could make good brandable for a christmas sales promo:

Ho Ho Hooo Merry Christmas....

HoHoH.ooo

:)

•••
The only thing tying web.ooo and 1000 should have been that they both end in three circles. That is it!

•••
•••
i mean

it's impossible to buy web.com web.cn web.cc web.us web.it web.org

i mean this ,so 1000 usd to buy web.ooo is reasonable for website design and service company .

for startup company,how much money they could afford .com /.cn/.de/ in the name of web ,vip such as golden names.

for .com ,they will choose four letters (without meaning, bad memory ).com in that price,or more worse.
I own Web.Computer and if you're ready to shell out 1000 USD you can pm me any time. ;)

•••
I have purchased web.ooo at 1000 usd , since i consider there are lots of end users .

i also purchased internet.ooo website.ooo .nets.ooo at cheap price .

why ? why? `better burn the cash, it will give you at least some heat

•••
i consider there are lots of end users .
How many are buying .ooo domains on the aftermarket ?
I think this is a bad purchase. For $1000 you can get much better domains in .com, that you can resell without too much difficulty.

•••
•••
There could be more 24 of these since .xxx is already available. :)

My guess is they picked .ooo because they wanted to play tic tac toe with .xxx

XXX .OOO even.AAA is good domain extension to chinese ,just for easy memory ,typing friendly.

We are not english speaking country ,the domains to us are only symbol.

to english speaking countries ,online is good extension ,while ,it will not be accepted in China,it's long and less people know the meaning.

why com is pop ,since big companies all use it ,more normal people know it .

About the AAA .OOO XXX, three same letters is very limit in future

except .bb .cc .ee gg mm ,tt,

and spin o is still o ,other letters are not ,the capital of O is still o ,O is the most perfect letter.

Good company using O

GOOGLE
MICROSOFT
YAHOO
TAOBAO
FACEBOOK
qihoo(360.com so.com)

O stand for complete ,circle ,it is alike earth,ball,

for this domain oring.ooo ,by imagination,it's very good to understand .

•••
I will apply to get .AAA extension 1-3 Ls and 1-3 N will be reg fees of $2.2. Stay tuned

•••
i didnt know there was an .ooo but if the chinese buyers consider ooo as 000 a couple of 8's in front would sell i suppose

Lol... actually if I was able to grab one of those domais... either 000.ooo or ooo.ooo - I would have just kept it for myself and redirected it to my company site... only because it would be cool and easy to give someone ur url over the phone or in person without even need write it down or spell it. (you can say " just log onto my site: triple O dot trple O") Also, if someone see that URL on another site or on a advert even...it would be really tempting to click on...even if just out of curiosity to see what the site is.... I mean if saw a URL with just ooo.ooo - I would definitely be temped to click on it just to see what the site is about :)

•••
This is intended as advice and discussion, not criticism :)

That is simply not true, you must be looking in the wrong places. Also, your 'alternative' to not being able to spend your $1k on a good .com is to instead spend it on an unknown TLD with no sales? How is that a better investment?

If you spent time looking in the right places, you could get a .com for $1k and flip it for $2k without a problem.

Lowering your risk even further, if you spent 3 or so hours looking you could get a .com for low $xxx (say $200) that you could flip for mid to high $xxx (or more) so at least getting $400 or more and doubling your money.
So you could buy 5 .com domains for the price of your one and make a quick and tidy low $xxx profit on each of those 5. That's $1k profit + initial investment back, and thus your money doubled. And most likely a chance to at least re-sell them for what you paid (if bought wisely), and they're low investment amounts, so no major risk either.

Then you have 2K, rinse and repeat and soon you have major investment money.

Bu instead you invest on a major risk with nothing more than hope because there are no sales to be able to research and establish a likely value. No sales in a TLD means no-one is buying them, which means no-one is selling them, which means you won't sell yours.

I hope you sell, and it is possible in the crazy world of domaining, but the facts and data show this was a huge risk with little chance, and that makes it a gamble. While some risk is unavoidable in trading and investing (in anything), and luck is very welcome, 90% of the time a gamble does not pay off.

Good luck though :)

thank you for your long reply.

your comment is not all ture,i buy this domain as the end user thinking .

web.ooo is better than most of four letters non meaning dot com ,this is my thinking,because it is definite meaning for website design and domains register.

the key thing, the customers will remember this website when they visit firstly.Other normal .com domains ,i don't think they have that function .

•••
How many end users use a .ooo domain today?

•••
interesting choice there mate...I hope you manage to get a good price for it on the Chinese market.

Keep us updated on the progress please...

•••
I would not have aquired that domain

but I think its a very decent domain
if you are willing to hold it for 10 or 20 years

just don't sell it below a very decent profit
keep it keep it keep it
and direct it to a "for sale" page

only (web.ooo)

•••
they are not taken ,the price is crazy high.

i think the .ooo is for chinese only ,i mean chinese like it .To chinese ,we need simple extension ,such .cc

English speaking countries don't like it .

Actually .ooo is meant for India. It's supposed to be easy to type on phones.

•••
Infibeam.ooo
BuildaBazaar.ooo

Indian e-commerce sites.
Infibeam and Buildabazaar are the ones promoting .ooo

Infibeam and BuildaBazaar are one and the same.

That's like saying .xyz is a hit because Daniel Negari uses it.
xyz is a hit because people and renowned companies are using it

•••
You and I have drastically different opinions of what a good .com because there are plenty available still for a thousand or less.

i mean

it's impossible to buy web.com web.cn web.cc web.us web.it web.org

i mean this ,so 1000 usd to buy web.ooo is reasonable for website design and service company .

for startup company,how much money they could afford .com /.cn/.de/ in the name of web ,vip such as golden names.

for .com ,they will choose four letters (without meaning, bad memory ).com in that price,or more worse.

•••
•••
I would've invested that $1000 in penny stock and still would have made more profit. Sorry my friend, not a good domain investment.

•••
I read three articles to find the justification/inspiration of the dot OOO extension (beyond the all dot com's are taken). The best I could find was:

‘.ooo’ is seen as a mobile-friendly domain as it reduces usage of multiple keys on phones.

Not a good starting point.

One thing, if you develop it for the Indian market you will at least have the sponsoring corporation luving you. Good Luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back