Dynadot

I have been offered 37,000$ for a .com, is the buyer reliable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Luke70

Established Member
Impact
I don't want to disclose too many information about this yet, but I'm just been offered "40 000 000 KRW (Korean WON - about $37,000)" for a top premium business .com domain so the price is legit.

The offer came via email they found my email from the whois of the domain, not inside sedo or godaddy or any domain sale site.

The email looks legit too and it comes from a .com Koran hosting site, and the potential buyer claims to be a broker from this site.

I don't know if I can post the name of the site or the potential buyer to see if any of you knows it and if it's legit.

How do I proceed from here, should I at least ask them to close the deal inside a domain sale site?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let's wait for the appraisal email. Though the OP have seen some facts about the scammer.

•••
Next time google the text of the email before starting a thread. That way the thread title will instruct on the topic, and warn others.

Sooooooo...
For those that seem to have missed it -- or just completely skipped over everything after the first post....

Yes. That’s why it’s best to do research before posting.

Same especially applies to posts where someone jumps in and accuses a Registrar, or another domainer, of some extreme nastiness and later realizes it was OP’s own human error or a complete misunderstanding that led to the issue. Just because President Grump routinely goes off half-cocked doesn’t mean we have to.

Last edited:
•••
IMO & Experience, No Buyer or Seller is reliable till you get Money / Domain into your Account.

This industry is based on total trust and you have to deal with it anyways.... :)

•••
Thanks for sharing for us new members to learn and know

•••
Only scammers write 2 pages when acquiring a domain name. Another thing is if a buyer is serious he will never write (if the amount is too small we can negotiate for more)

•••
Only scammers write 2 pages when acquiring a domain name. Another thing is if a buyer is serious he will never write (if the amount is too small we can negotiate for more)

Correct

•••
Never did outbound mailing, so this thread has some valuable lessons...:xf.smile:

•••
Btw, they just replied to me, this is the mail I got:

Funny thing, they created a .info fake google answer site with all the instructions too.

I also received many email like this before. Now I just ignore and move it to the spam folder.

•••
I would accept and see what happens. If you get an appraisal request just tell them to f*** off (or whatever) and move on.

Ps. I am always polite, but not with criminal scammers. No need for that.

•••
I received a $450,000 offer for a political domain during the heat of the Trump Vs Hillary Election in 2016. They claimed to be a broker for a Super Pac I immediately did a salsa dance after the offer and proceeded with a break dance in my living room with an advance b boy back spin after spending half the money in my head. Had some tea and rubbed my hands and typed a reply.

I replied with offer accepted lets proceed via escrow, followed by 10 press ups and pure joy only to receive a response back with an appraisal BS. It felt like blood just left my body and I remember staring at my screen in a still position for 30 minutes my partner thought I was going crazy :) lol

These emails can be cruel, these days I only get excited when the funds are in my Bank account ::xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back