Domain Empire

advice I have an addiction...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sjpals

Yeah, this is meTop Member
Impact
I have an addiction to buying domain names. I have been buying them since 2010 and have about 100.
I honestly had intentions of building sites on all of them, but as I have more domains than time, I am trying my hand at selling them. I am now not allowing myself to by any more until i sell at least 1!!! and im running out of will power.

Ive put a couple on ebay, afternic and dan (about 7 on each) and they are all for sale (if reg over 60 days) at the 2 registrars I hold them with.

All of them are .coms, most are single words and range from what I think could be good for ecommerce such as (bushily.com and toothypeg.com) to the bad (anjug.com - I thought this could be "a nice" jug and sell homewares LOLOLO and meowave - cat clothing maybe?? haha).

I have been considering other TLDs, but think I better stick with what I (kinda) know.

I have put them all on at 10K, im guessing that is way too high though? Should I be aiming at under $5K? or under $3K even? I realise that like most sales I guess I have to wait for the right person to buy and this could be a long waiting game. Do you do a 'proper' valuation or just put them on for a set price and hope?

I originally also had a plan that as I'm a domain reseller that if the domains were held under my account that people might keep them there and renew with me, but I am guessing that most people just transfer the domains to their own registrar and portfolio? is this what you do?

Much as i would love to just buy and sell domains as a full time job, I realise this is not a thing, especially with less than $100 to invest!! Going forward, I think my plan is to transfer them to my own reseller account, wait the 60 days, build a site and then sell the site. I think this may work better than just selling the domains.

Any thoughts, encouragement, advice ... please save me from myself LOL, I can't buy any more till I've sold at least one!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've bought ten in the last week, or maybe 15...
I absolutely lied when I said I wasnt going to buy any more till I sold some, lol. I am totally hopeless!

•••
I absolutely lied when I said I wasnt going to buy any more till I sold some, lol. I am totally hopeless!
lmao i do the same thing

•••
Post your DAN portfolio link. Maybe we can assess them & tell you which to delete and which to keep..

•••
Post your DAN portfolio link. Maybe we can assess them & tell you which to delete and which to keep..
ok, I would love some feedback, if anyone is willing...

I have been meaning to post them on my website forever....It took me forever to post them. I honestly lost the will to live half way through. I was going to do nice links, and give them their own pages, make a nice filterable table and soo much. But, as it stands, they are at least all on the page. Its a start.

wpwebsites. net /domains/

any feedback gratefully accepted - except the spelling mistakes and typos lol, I will honestly go through it and tidy it up at a later date.

Last edited:
•••
All of them are .coms, most are single words and range from what I think could be good for ecommerce such as (bushily.com and toothypeg.com) to the bad (anjug.com - I thought this could be "a nice" jug and sell homewares LOLOLO and meowave - cat clothing maybe?? haha).

I have put them all on at 10K, im guessing that is way too high though? Should I be aiming at under $5K? or under $3K even? I realise that like most sales I guess I have to wait for the right person to buy and this could be a long waiting game. Do you do a 'proper' valuation or just put them on for a set price and hope?
It's hard enough to get a buyer for a domain name. You are pushing the boundaries of imagination and price to be honest.

Don't make up stories in your head for a scenario that will probably never happen. Buy domains that are similar to the domain names you see out on the web.

I just got a $1k offer on a domain I dropped 6 months ago. Forgot to remove it from Dan. Have a load of decent formerly dropped domains myself. It's a waiting game. I dropped that domain because I had too many.

Last edited:
•••
ok, I would love some feedback, if anyone is willing...
Hi, after a quick read through the ones I'd consider keeping are:

Anagrammed
Beautihood
BroHQ
IXTQ
Louted
ShabToFab
Toothypeg
Transconcious

•••
It's hard enough to get a buyer for a domain name. You are pushing the boundaries of imagination and price to be honest.

Don't make up stories in your head for a scenario that will probably never happen. Buy domains that are similar to the domain names you see out on the web.

I just got a $1k offer on a domain I dropped 6 months ago. Forgot to remove it from Dan. Have a load of decent formerly dropped domains myself. It's a waiting game. I dropped that domain because I had too many.
Thanks. I have priced them all at $1k regardless of whether I think they are good or bad. I’ll just have to wait!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back