NameSilo

I feel like I can't make money here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sartanion

Established Member
Impact
Hey!

Before I knew the rules I bought domains with no value, so I'm in loss, maybe that's the reason why I feel I can't make much money doing this.

Don't know, I am learning but it feels like in 2017 all domains with some value are registered and if you are trying to catch some expired, there is list of others that are waitin for this oppurtunity.

Any words that could cheer me up... please?
How much in loss have you ever been, did you buy domain for example for $100 and you couldn't sell it? (Sorry for asking this I just feel I need to :D ...)

Thanks! :D

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is a pretty steep learning curb when you first start. I started back in 2014 and didnt sale 1 domain. I decided in January of this year to try it again. I like what winst said in regard to real estate and domains. I buy domains to sale to end buyers so I send out a lot of emails but I am getting great results. Figure out what types of domains you want to buy. Keep reading these forums as I learn new things here all the time. If your selling to end buyers that means you have to put the time in to be successful.

Congratulations on your sales... I have had some success... Would be useful and interesting to compare your email template with mine... Please feel free to message me if you would like to exchange notes and we can take it further from there...

Last edited:
•••
that really is utter nonsense

think of drones
of self driving cars
and flying cars

all related domains have been hand regged only shortly

today you may think of
land on mars / moon
or properties deep in the ocean

and think of new companies
that need a name for their business

100% agree with Frank this - there are new possibilities - every. single. day.

mainstream/consumer-focused names are only one part of it. There are hundreds, thousands of niches and sub-niches. Even something as mainstream as video games or music has a lot of uncharted territory and you can drill-down many levels to mine those niches for a good, short .com - it doesn't happen overnight.

We've all had names that didn't work out and we all will again. Nature of the beast.

Above all, keep your chin up and don't make rash/desperate moves - do some research and learn all you can. Ask questions, and figure out why the names you have aren't working - they may be fine and just need development or a different spin, or they may really be bad. It takes time before you know the difference.

•••
I hand registered DNRocks.com, a couple of days ago. Made a blog on it, planning to write articles on it now.
I think that's a decent name rather than buying a premium domain for a blog that may or may not work.
Btw:
OldStreetBarber.com is available, I hand registered it yesterday and then cancelled today.
So, decent names still out there.

That's a nice one. Bookmarked the blog, too. ;)

•••
Bought BoldArea.com and GuessUp.com for $20 each. You still can make money but don't expect yourself to do sales like 'the domain king' !

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back