Dynadot

I feel like GoDaddy is losing out on so many sales by paywalling the owner's email.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pathfinderbeacon

Established Member
Impact
Every time I visit a domain I'm interested in buying and I see the godaddy parking page, I immediately hit the back button. $120 just to submit an offer is ridiculous. I guess it kinda filters scammers/low ballers, but it doesn't sit right with me. We should be able to negotiate 1-on-1 with the owner.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is true? I thought that was just to contact a domain owner using their brokers?
You can get that for $20 through DomainAgents, pretty sure it's the same thing.

•••
This is true? I thought that was just to contact a domain owner using their brokers?
You can get that for $20 through DomainAgents, pretty sure it's the same thing.
I used domain agents once to avoid GD, but no luck. I also read many people didn't have any success with DomainAgents either, so I'm not sure if it's actually helpful.

•••
2021-07-19-223556_881x52_scrot.png
We should be able to negotiate 1-on-1 with the owner.
1. Check the desired GoDaddy domain via https://www.godaddy.com/whois
2. And then scroll down and click Contact Domain Holder button.
And that's all.

Last edited:
•••
And that's all.
WOW! Didn't know that existed. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

•••
I will never understand, why so many parking pages have no BIN or any other pricing information.

If a buyer wants to know the price, let them know it directly via information on the parking lander or via direct contact seller button, just like ebay.

Godaddy has one of the worst parking landers. Don't think, many people are willing to wait hours for a callback, after submitting name, phone number and email for just pricing information.

Together with additional fees to even start the service...

Last edited:
•••
WOW! Didn't know that existed. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

I call it the “best of both worlds”

You dont get his email.
He gets your message.

This is why i have all my domains Private.

Problem is, GD made Privacy mandatory, probably to save face old bloated privacy price.

Last edited:
•••
Some sellers target only companies, not individuals.
$120 for company is like hot dog for you.

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 195975
1. Check the desired GoDaddy domain via https://www.godaddy.com/whois
And that's all.

And your success rate with this?
My success rate is zero. I have never received a response from domain owners.
You can't even send a message, you can only check that you want to contact the owner, that's all.
Maybe I should try it 100 times to get 1 response, I don't know. Looks like a waste of time to me.

•••
•••
And your success rate with this?
My success rate is zero. I have never received a response from domain owners.
You can't even send a message, you can only check that you want to contact the owner, that's all.
Maybe I should try it 100 times to get 1 response, I don't know. Looks like a waste of time to me.

Yes. I have also tried this many times. Hit and miss. 90% of the time, the owners will never respond.

Also, no option of sending a message. You only have the choice to select one of the three options.

Another option is DomainAgents. I have tried it once but no luck.

I have also tried Certified Offers from Network Solutions for $39 once but it was also unsuccessful.

Last edited:
•••
Very probably, they respond only when they see request from the respectable email address (your own domain/website).

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I think the biggest problem is elsewhere. Many domain owners don't even monitor their Whois email. They use a separate email they don't even check.

Once they bought the domain(s), usually spam starts coming through that. Not necessarily at GD but anyway. I get a lot of spam through the proxied mails. Would you put your everyday work or home email as whois so you get spammed? No, you won't. And people know this. Nobody wants spam.

So they will use an email they don't actually check.

I've seen this way too often. Buyers that just bought the domain for $2k or whatever from me, well, 1-2 month later their domain goes into expiry and they won't reply to the email when I'm trying to save them from losing that domain they paid for.

•••
@Joe Styler
Other registrars provide TRUE contact form with message body.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back