IT.COM

question I bought a one word domain that seems too good to be true.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

reglas123

Impact
Hello,

Yesterday, I was just randomly typing in names on GD (GoDaddy) and out of nowhere I found a one word .com available on an auction with a buy now price of only a couple thousand dollars. I instantly purchased it. However, I feel like it is too good to be true because this domain should be worth 100x what I paid for it. It has yet to transfer into my GD account, and I looked up the WhoIs and it is under some corporate domain registrar. Is it possible for someone to falsely list a domain on GD? Is there any luck that I actually snagged a diamond?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It could be an old listing. You can DM the name if you like and I’ll check it out.

•••
Upvote 0
u know old saying too good to be true..

•••
Upvote 0
I have done this many many times and it is almost always too good to be true (and is in fact not true). If it is a false listing they will refund you, but it is a pain to tie up the funds until they decide to do so.

I have been surprised a couple of times and the domain actually came through. I hope you get it, best of luck!

•••
Upvote 0
Hello,

Yesterday, I was just randomly typing in names on GD (GoDaddy) and out of nowhere I found a one word .com available on an auction with a buy now price of only a couple thousand dollars. I instantly purchased it. However, I feel like it is too good to be true because this domain should be worth 100x what I paid for it. It has yet to transfer into my GD account, and I looked up the WhoIs and it is under some corporate domain registrar. Is it possible for someone to falsely list a domain on GD? Is there any luck that I actually snagged a diamond?
Good afternoon.

If the name that you have is 'Investor.com' then I hate to break it to you but it is actually 'Lnvestor' and not 'Investor'.

I hope that it is not, but the chances of you getting a 'diamond' on an auction at GD are low.

If and when it is in your account maybe you can come back here and let us know what you have.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
Upvote 0
It has yet to transfer into my GD account,

Hi

best to wait until you actually have the domain in your possession, before you get too excited.

if,
the domain is really worth what you think it is and no other "spotter" didn't BIN it before you....
then
either you have a great eye or it isn't that valuable or... the domain isn't available for some unknown reason.

tick, tick, tick

imo....

•••
Upvote 0
i doubt he meant it was bid auction..more like bin listing in search path... from gd or partner

•••
Upvote 0
Is it possible for someone to falsely list a domain on GD? Is there any luck that I actually snagged a diamond?

''Yes'' to both questions. But it's a pure speculation without the name. Also could depend on your interpretation of the ''diamond'' domain. It's literally impossible to give an opinion which will help you in any way. Just wait and see if you get the name.

Generally, the thread reminds me of an old joke:
-What are the chances that you will meet a dinosaur in the street today?
- It's 50-50
- ???????
-Well, you either meet him or not.
-

•••
Upvote 0
-What are the chances that you will meet a dinosaur in the street today? :ROFL:
Dance GIF

•••
Upvote 0
randomly typing in names on GD :ROFL:
Content Cat Typing GIF

Yesterday, randomly typing in names on GD
Today, randomly posting on NP

Any plans for tomorrow???

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
The domain has no misspelling. For example it is something like bank.com or shopping.com, it was freshly listed on auction with a BIN of only about $5000. I have my suspicions since its registered to a very big company, but when I've searched up the domain, the website says "This site can't be reached". Unfortunately it has yet to transfer into my account which is also not a good sign. It's been nice to dream about the what if though.

•••
Upvote 0
The domain has no misspelling. For example it is something like bank.com or shopping.com, it was freshly listed on auction with a BIN of only about $5000. I have my suspicions since its registered to a very big company, but when I've searched up the domain, the website says "This site can't be reached". Unfortunately it has yet to transfer into my account which is also not a good sign. It's been nice to dream about the what if though.
It’s simple, send me the domain. I’ll tell you in a minute if your purchase is good.

•••
Upvote 0
It does happen. I bought Name on Godaddy with 3k bin I sold for 300K, but it happened once since I been doing domaining from 2006.

•••
Upvote 0
It does happen. I bought Name on Godaddy with 3k bin I sold for 300K, but it happened once since I been doing domaining from 2006.
What was the name if you don't mind

•••
Upvote 0
GD literally just called me right now confirming the purchase of the domain as I was watching a soccer game . I would love to share the domain name, but I don't want to risk something happening before the transfer completes. I will update the thread when/if I get the domain.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
GD literally just called me right now confirming the purchase of the domain as I was watching a soccer game . I would love to share the domain name, but I don't want to risk something happening before the transfer completes. I will update the thread when/if I get the domain.
Congratulations 👏 man I hope that the transfer will complete asap

•••
Upvote 0
Looking forward to knowing the name. All the best

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0

well some people do win lotto.. it happens. and.we all know the odds too. but I hope u know enuf.about domains despite being new member to know what u are saying... well lets hear the name when.u get it

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Hello,

Even if the name is 100 times worth more than what you have paid is true, take it for granted that you will not get the domain in your account. All you will get will be a refund. There are big sharks in GD, they will not allow it to pass the "diamond" to you honorably.

•••
Upvote 0
Even if the name is 100 times worth more than what you have paid is true, take it for granted that you will not get the domain in your account. All you will get will be a refund. There are big sharks in GD, they will not allow it to pass the "diamond" to you honorably.

it's not.gd staff he need worry about but the 1 million domainers before them that hunt deals. u dont get to buy today if ever u did.a name liquid value 100x its price.. all u can buy is a whatever name for 1k and win lotto selling it for 100k

•••
Upvote 0
Hello everyone, unfortunately it was too good to be true. I just got an email from godaddy giving me a full refund. I had some doubts, especially after realizing that anyone can list something on AfterNic without ownership, and that listing would appear on godaddy/namecheap etc. For anyone interested the domain name was finance . com. Sucks that it didn't turn out the way I wished, but thanks for all the replies and comments. I hope everyone has better luck than me if you ever find a diamond.

•••
Upvote 0
Hello everyone, unfortunately it was too good to be true. I just got an email from godaddy giving me a full refund. I had some doubts, especially after realizing that anyone can list something on AfterNic without ownership, and that listing would appear on godaddy/namecheap etc. For anyone interested the domain name was finance . com. Sucks that it didn't turn out the way I wished, but thanks for all the replies and comments. I hope everyone has better luck than me if you ever find a diamond.
You would have made out like a bandit sir

•••
Upvote 0
If you see finance.com for $5k, you shouldn’t even proceed…it’s 7-8 figure name easy ….it’s impossible you get that name waste of time and hope

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back