Domain Empire

offers Got my first offer...seems to good to be true.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mitzi

Impact
I got an offer today on one of my domains that is not listed for sale but is simply parked. The offer was 5 figures, which is about 10X more than the appraisal sites say it's worth. So, it seems too good to be true.

The offer was from a broker, said we'd use an escrow company and did have fees to be paid after the closing of escrow. It also mentioned a certificate that might be needed.

"To proceed with the sale, the bank of the buyer requires a certificate of compliance with Korean law and trademarks because he will run his startup in South Korea.."

I Googled it and it feels like this scam that is mentioned on Scam Detector (Article called "Domain Name Trademark Certification Fraud: How It Works")

So before I walk away from a potential five-figure deal....I wanted to see how real it is to ask for Domain Name Trademark certification and if there are reputable sites to do this? What do you think...scam?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a scam. If you are new to domaining learn to ignore this type of messages. At least you did it right asking about here. Scam 100%

•••
Sorry, it’s a scam. Welcome to domaining!

•••
•••
It's a long-running scam, as others have noted.

•••
•••
take it as a compliment.you have something worth stealing!(y)

•••
I got the same email. From a South Korean broker... I thought is was too good to be true !!
Selling the domain name organichocolate.com... waiting for my first real break.

•••
•••
"To proceed with the sale, the bank of the buyer requires a certificate of compliance with Korean law and trademarks because he will run his startup in South Korea.."
This is a keypoint of a pure SCAMM
tehy will ask you to pay the certification, and then after you pay they will be run with your money

•••
Thank you so much for your answer.
How do I know my domain is worth something? I estimated it on GoDaddy appraisal it is shows $xxxx but on estibot it shows below $xxx?? its too confusing!

How did you first start out? I have begin doing outbound sales emails... put the domains up on Flippa...
they are hand registered..
watchcarbs.com
organichocolates.com

How to know which expired domains to buy? with all the DA , TA etc etc... mind is boggling!
Would love to know how you started out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back