Dynadot

I am Lambo, Q&A Anything with Me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lambo.com

Top Member
Impact
Hello, :brb:

If you have any questions about me or domain industry, I'll be happy to share in the spirit of how it flows generously by those who have walked in terrains of bounty.

Thanks to my teachers like:

Mr. Frank Schilling
Mr. Andrew Rosener
Mr. Rick Schwartz
Mr. Mike Berkens

Also other geniuses Asia-side. Growing the pie is done by marketing premium domains over and over to influencers and decision makers so let's grow domains!

πŸŒŒπŸš€πŸŒ±πŸŒ»πŸ

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your sale with us. Great sale and a great name!

I suspect we will see a lot more sales which use a similar string... β€˜Coin, Coins’.

Looking forward to see what it’s used for.
It is a live site. Sale happened nore than 2 years back. Coinex even floated their Tokens (CET)

Coins were a lot hotter in the ICO boom

•••
Michael mentioned the following
"When you report a sale you are free to list the venue as yourself, even if it happened at Afternic or elsewhere. This is because a sale at a marketplace is a collaboration between them and you, and ultimately you're the seller. "

"If you report the sale, you control the narrative and you say what venue it happened at. It always has and always will be like that. "

Congrats @lambo.com thanks for sharing.

•••
I agree with this viewpoint, in that since someone did perhaps outbound or promotion work, at the very least set up things like appearance and description at many marketplaces, and if when they report a name to NameBio they do it under their domain site that seems to me totally proper. In fact, with Afternic in policy not to report, it seems like the more ethical way to do it.

That said, I think the problem with what @lambo.com did, in my opinion, was ASZ is not in any way his domain site. It simply is one of his domain names currently for sale, and it goes to a Uniregistry lander. I am not disputing that this would help the name get noticed, and may help a future sale of that domain, but it seems to me when you list venue at NameBio it should be a site where someone can go to get a list or information on your domains in general, a place that will have permanence. Otherwise NameBio will be littered with different one of selling venues that were never authentic selling venues.

Do you have such a site, @lambo, and if so where is it?

Thanks,

Bob

PS tagging @Michael in case he wishes to comment on what sort of sites should be listed as the seller, in case I am off-base in my view.

The seller is who sells the domain, throught Afternic, Uniregistry or by other means, whatever. But ultimately is the seller who sells the domain.
Then, I don't see as mandatory to have a website or something related to place at Namebio. I see it this way, the seller can place his name, one of his domains, or whatever he wants to be identified for the sale of the domain.
He reports the sale and he has the right to place the name or domain that he wants.

And in Michael words:
"...a sale at a marketplace is a collaboration between them and you, and ultimately you're the seller. They aren't reporting anything, so if you want to take all the credit that's your business."

Last edited:
•••
What have you learnt from Rick Shwartz has he reached out to you? If you have been influenced it would likely strengthen his portfolio. He isn't offering lessons on domaining. When you have influence you can influence markets.
I reached out to him one time to thank him but that's all.

There is lots I took from RicksBlog.com, much applicable outside of domaining.

Being honest and speaking your truth is one thing. Standing by and defending your domains against dysfunctional bad actors another.

•••
•••
  1. Do you have only .com in your portfolio?
I think I have poor(.me) 2000(.io) bss(.org) and one other 3L .org coming soon. That's about all.
  1. Are most of your acquisitions via marketplaces, auctions, etc., or do you also get some names by reaching out privately to owners of names not listed for sale but seem under-utilized?
yes, the former. Recently kton(.com) I did outbound to buy.
  1. With coinex did you reach out to Media Options to broker the name, or did they contact you?
    I reached out
thanks,

Bob

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I'm just speculating here but I'm guessing his decision probably has to do with ABAB.com rarity. It's the second rarest LLLL.com pattern outside of the AAAA.com (quad repeating). Also given that its quad premium CHIP as well it could have many, many pinyin meanings.

Such a name is extremely hard to find...and also even harder to replace if sold so it should command a high figure.
And as a bonus it has an impressive backlink profile and good DA/DR score...

Edit

The below might have something to do with it

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/wywy

Last edited:
•••
Hi Lambo,

Can you share your motivation to buy wywy? Any plans to develop it?
At this point, I'm motivated more like a high end watch collector. Perhaps I'll use it in some way like email or branding but I'm open minded. No plans to develop on it. My projects which are not ready (lol) -- may go on lesser names because I don't think I deserve to build on ultra quality yet.

Last edited:
•••
I see it this way, the seller can place his name, one of his domains, or whatever he wants to be identified for the sale of the domain.
I am totally fine with a seller designating a site they want to be identified with, even some sellers have multiple names, and I am totally fine with that. I really think though the name used should in some way be a name of a site that is involved in selling or promoting names. Not simply some other domain name you want to sell. I don't see that as the seller.

OK I understand he does not believe in marketplaces, even personal ones. Then why not use his Twitter or NamePros handle as the seller? That would have some permanence (here since 2015, Twitter since 2012), it is where he regularly promotes names for sale, and would give a contact opportunity for potential future buyers. It would have the double bonus it is also NamePros handle. Yes, I do understand that name is for sale too, but he has identified on it for some time as mentioned.

The idea that each sale we list some name we want to sell in the future as the seller would quickly make the venue on NameBio seem a joke. Often I go to a seller name I do not recognize to learn more about what they have for sale.

By the way for some reason @Michael response had not shown up, so I had not read it before my last two posts. Not trying to belabour this and now out. Thank you very much Michael for so fully explaining your position. I do agree that those who make a sale, and report it to NameBio, should have considerable latitude.

Just my opinion that in this case a choice of something with more permanence might have been better.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
  1. Do you have only .com in your portfolio?
  2. Are most of your acquisitions via marketplaces, auctions, etc., or do you also get some names by reaching out privately to owners of names not listed for sale but seem under-utilized?
  3. With coinex did you reach out to Media Options to broker the name, or did they contact you?
thanks,

Bob

•••
only those who come to the landers by type-in. I don't want to sell on any marketplaces at this point. Not all my domains are actively for sale really, I do incubate, nurture and build too.

$20-100 offers that I get for datafeed(.com), that I have to log in to see at Sedo, will train intolerance for such nonsense.

What’s your strategy for selling DataFeed (.com)?

There are no contact details on a coming soon lander; Whois is private. Yet, the domain is listed for sale at Sedo.

Is this the case when you are planning to develop unless somebody changes your plans by offering a crazy amount of money for the domain? :-D Or you just don’t want to show the domain is actively for sale? In case of the latter, how do you expect the buyers reach out to you (Sedo broker, etc)?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
•••
What’s your strategy for selling DataFeed (.com)?

There are no contact details on a coming soon lander; Whois is private. Yet, the domain is listed for sale at Sedo.

Is this the case when you are planning to develop unless somebody changes your plans by offering a crazy amount of money for the domain? :-D Or you just don’t want to show the domain is actively for sale? In case of the latter, how do you expect the buyers reach out to you (Sedo broker, etc)?

Thanks
I have been developing datafeed so it's not actively for sale or anything. As with ceec(.com), everything can have a price at the right moment, so maybe I throw up such a button soon.

Last edited:
•••
Is your domain name portfolio Well diversified?
Or do you focus on a specific area such as crypto, gaming, gambling, etc.?
thanks
yes, I like positive brands, short - cute - punchy generally. .com

•••
May be you can help me.
How can I stop my wife from whining and complaining.

Thanks

Chocolate Bon Bons my Friend.
Chocolate Bon Bons.

she can't whine or complain with a mouth full of bon bons.

•••
May I ask you how to sell your domains, is it through the market, or do you send emails to interested people
and the last one which market do you prefer to sell your domains?

•••
Hello, :brb:

If you have any questions about me or domain industry, I'll be happy to share in the spirit of how it flows generously by those who have walked in terrains of bounty.

Thanks to my teachers like:

Mr. Frank Schilling
Mr. Andrew Rosener
Mr. Rick Schwartz
Mr. Mike Berkens

Also other geniuses Asia-side. Growing the pie is done by marketing premium domains over and over to influencers and decision makers so let's grow domains!

πŸŒŒπŸš€πŸŒ±πŸŒ»πŸ

Hey Lambo! How is it going?

When you acquired Lambo.com, please tell me you paid in bitcoin? or any major cryptocurrency :cigar:

Amr

•••
Hey Lambo! How is it going?

When you acquired Lambo.com, please tell me you paid in bitcoin? or any major cryptocurrency :cigar:

Amr

haha, can't say that happened on this my friend :xf.cool:

•••
Last edited:
•••
newsmedia.com not open to this, no

Thank you for your honest answer.

Good luck Lambo;i’ll continue fight change this

Against NameBio!! yu grandfather claused :)
Better ways to encourage sharing is caring.

With you; i dont even doubt the sale;
act makes more sense y u chose ASZ instead
Six figure sale; you; Of course you’ll try get most exposure; i’l try harder to guilt Michael ; )

Last edited:
•••
@lambo

Thanks for giving back...I'm curious, how many domains do you typically hold?

•••
And as a bonus it has an impressive backlink profile and good DA/DR score...
I don't look at this stuff much these days. Last I did, majesticSEO and MOZ had resources for this (some of which they retired?) -- what are the best sites/ resources for this in 2020?

Last edited:
•••
I closed a ~$500k sale for coinex(dotcom), with M.O

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your sale with us. Great sale and a great name!

I suspect we will see a lot more sales which use a similar string... β€˜Coin, Coins’.

Looking forward to see what it’s used for.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back