Dynadot

I am Lambo, Q&A Anything with Me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lambo.com

Top Member
Impact
Hello, :brb:

If you have any questions about me or domain industry, I'll be happy to share in the spirit of how it flows generously by those who have walked in terrains of bounty.

Thanks to my teachers like:

Mr. Frank Schilling
Mr. Andrew Rosener
Mr. Rick Schwartz
Mr. Mike Berkens

Also other geniuses Asia-side. Growing the pie is done by marketing premium domains over and over to influencers and decision makers so let's grow domains!

🌌🚀🌱🌻🐏

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You sold LLLL.com; and reported sales NB;

But you didnt say the actual venue;
which makes a world of difference; even if sold the LLLL LLL.com

Lambo you sold almi.com for $117,500 and after week; sold buybuy.com for $95,000

i hate that Namebio lied about the venue;
So messed up, @Michael

Neither of them sold at ASZ.com;
Even if sold them; dont appreciate lie venue
Show attachment 167653
Show attachment 167654

Would you be open to edit Fake News “ASZ” and actually say where listed them & sold?
This blatant lying, even for promotion, is wrong

Where did sell @lambo.com?

First of all, he is the one that reported the venue, not me. What I received was an Escrow.com screenshot, which is not a venue, so the only thing I could have possibly done is swapped it with "Private". That would be a pretty rude thing to do when he took the time to report it with proof, to not let him get any credit.

When you report a sale you are free to list the venue as yourself, even if it happened at Afternic or elsewhere. This is because a sale at a marketplace is a collaboration between them and you, and ultimately you're the seller. They aren't reporting anything, so if you want to take all the credit that's your business. It has always been like that since the beginning of NameBio, and no amount of complaining or name-calling on your part is going to change that. Period.

He put me in an unusual situation because the site he listed as the venue was not, like is normally the case, a portfolio site. I figured he was probably trying to market that LLL.com and get some attention for it. While I don't think that is going to be a very effective use of the venue field, if that's what he wants to do I don't really care to stop him. Anyone with half a brain will look at that and realize it was a private deal.

If he managed the sales by himself, I see it normal to report the sales with the name of his company, or like he wants to be identified for that sale.

In fact now I remember other NP members reporting sales made through Afternic but placing their main website name on the sale at Namebio.
I don't see too much problem here, if they are who report the sale, not Afternic or Uniregistry, for example.

This is the main point, and is spot on. If you report the sale, you control the narrative and you say what venue it happened at. It always has and always will be like that. For some people, that's the only reason they bother to report; the publicity. If we force them to say Afternic they're just going to stop reporting and you'll get less data, just for getting hung up on the venue.

Thank you for your honest answer.

Good luck Lambo;i’ll continue fight change this

Against NameBio!! yu grandfather claused :)
Better ways to encourage sharing is caring.

With you; i dont even doubt the sale;
act makes more sense y u chose ASZ instead
Six figure sale; you; Of course you’ll try get most exposure; i’l try harder to guilt Michael ; )

Be my guest, but you're wasting your breath. I'm not going to debate this any more either, just needed to respond since you won't stop obsessing over it.

•••
How long you been domaing for?....
My first after market purchase was in 2008. First hand reg perhaps a yr or two prior.
Biggest sale? Domain & Price, if your happy to share
I closed a ~$500k sale for coinex(dotcom), with M.O
Why lambo name?
I'm gonna moniker a dotcom of mine, otherwise what kind of domainer would I be?!

As for Lambo, a confluence of interests and an icon that makes me smile.

Last edited:
•••
May be you can help me.
How can I stop my wife from whining and complaining.

Thanks

•••
•••

Hello!

Thanks for the opportunity!

1. What is your STR for this small portfolio?
0-5 sales a year
2. I'm assuming that majority of them are premium high-quality domains, what is your yearly revenue in dollars?
most aren't actually but we evolve and things look better with time, especially in periods where reinvesting is possible.
3. How much do you spend on acquisition currently?

I'm OK paying up to $30-40k for single name generally but if extraordinary can go up. For these prices, stallions must be of phenomenal pedigree for the farm.

4. The highest you paid for any domain to acquire it for reselling?
I think $50k
5. What is the best place or way to acquire premium high-quality domains at reasonable reseller price? Like an auction, private acquisition etc?
Stealth acquisitions + work to find out what's around.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Lambo,

First of all thanks for sharing this biggest sale, and congrats for that one!

I remember now seeing your post where you said you rejected an offer of $250k for this domain, but at that moment you didn't disclose the final price, so thanks for sharing the final price of this gem!

Very good negotiation by the way, I could not have rejected a $250k offer! But it's very clear that to reach the $500k, you have to previously reject lower but also tempting offers....

My question would be, on the sale of coinex, did you have a for sale page? or had a running website?
How did the buyer reach to you? and did you get to know who was the buyer before closing the deal?

Thanks in advance and congrats for this sale and for your latest ones, the buybuy and the almi ones!

Coinex was outbound effort by broker, and I did have a site up on coins there at the time

•••
Do you usually have a BIN on your landers and if so, do you use a minimum offer amount?
good question, yes always BIN and min offer I'm too lazy to change.

(boutique seller)

My domain, my duty to convey price expectation.

On the other side of the table, can't stand engaging as a buyer with someone who can't even price their asset on a marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
May be you can help me.

Thanks
Utimately it's a shift of perspective that she'll need.

One way to invoke is through gratitude and if that goes up her priority list quickly, I'm sure you'll be fine.

If she can believe it's her own idea, or realization - so will it have staying power. You can't force or wield this. Just grow seeds and own a positive masculinity.

It will need to be in her own self interest, and gratitude is self-serving in bringing perspective for the blessings in one's life - no matter who you are or your predicament.

Good luck.

•••
•••
what is the best landing page option to produce more sales and inquiries IYO?
I find design of Uni and DAN to be of very high quality and both are proven with some love for users.

Last edited:
•••
•••
May I ask you how to sell your domains, is it through the market, or do you send emails to interested people
and the last one which market do you prefer to sell your domains?
only those who come to the landers by type-in. I don't want to sell on any marketplaces at this point. Not all my domains are actively for sale really, I do incubate, nurture and build too.

To the extent I can say I do outbound, it's on Twitter with promotion of premium domains as an asset class - a key tenet of optimal planning and business strategy for businesses - and from there, shilling some of my crown jewels.

Last edited:
•••
I closed a ~$500k sale for coinex(dotcom), with M.O

Hi Lambo,

First of all thanks for sharing this biggest sale, and congrats for that one!

I remember now seeing your post where you said you rejected an offer of $250k for this domain, but at that moment you didn't disclose the final price, so thanks for sharing the final price of this gem!

Very good negotiation by the way, I could not have rejected a $250k offer! But it's very clear that to reach the $500k, you have to previously reject lower but also tempting offers....

My question would be, on the sale of coinex, did you have a for sale page? or had a running website?
How did the buyer reach to you? and did you get to know who was the buyer before closing the deal?

Thanks in advance and congrats for this sale and for your latest ones, the buybuy and the almi ones!

Last edited:
•••

Lambo you sold almi.com for $117,500 and after week; sold buybuy.com for $95,000

So messed up, @Michael

Show attachment 167653
Show attachment 167654

Would you be open to edit Fake News “ASZ” and actually say where listed them & sold?

Where did the names actually sell, @lambo.com

If he managed the sales by himself, I see it normal to report the sales with the name of his company, or like he wants to be identified for that sale.

In fact now I remember other NP members reporting sales made through Afternic but placing their main website name on the sale at Namebio.
I don't see too much problem here, if they are who report the sale, not Afternic or Uniregistry, for example.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Lambo,

Can you share your motivation to buy wywy? Any plans to develop it?

•••
How long you been domaing for?....

Biggest sale? Domain & Price, if your happy to share

Why lambo name?

•••
Hi Lambo,

Can you share your motivation to buy wywy? Any plans to develop it?

I'm just speculating here but I'm guessing his decision probably has to do with ABAB.com rarity. It's the second rarest LLLL.com pattern outside of the AAAA.com (quad repeating). Also given that its quad premium CHIP as well it could have many, many pinyin meanings.

Such a name is extremely hard to find...and also even harder to replace if sold so it should command a high figure.

Last edited:
•••
I agree with this viewpoint, in that since someone did perhaps outbound or promotion work, at the very least set up things like appearance and description at many marketplaces, and if when they report a name to NameBio they do it under their domain site that seems to me totally proper. In fact, with Afternic in policy not to report, it seems like the more ethical way to do it.

That said, I think the problem with what @lambo.com did, in my opinion, was ASZ is not in any way his domain site. It simply is one of his domain names currently for sale, and it goes to a Uniregistry lander. I am not disputing that this would help the name get noticed, and may help a future sale of that domain, but it seems to me when you list venue at NameBio it should be a site where someone can go to get a list or information on your domains in general, a place that will have permanence. Otherwise NameBio will be littered with different one of selling venues that were never authentic selling venues.

Do you have such a site, @lambo, and if so where is it?

Thanks,

Bob

PS tagging @Michael in case he wishes to comment on what sort of sites should be listed as the seller, in case I am off-base in my view.

Last edited:
•••
May be you can help me.

Thanks
She's always complaining according to you, pretty sure you secretly enjoy it...

•••

Winner! :headphone:
we have someone who understands what a domain is and means!

Last edited:
•••
That's an inspiring number. Quality over quantity.
With all the marketplaces around(Afternic, Dan, Uni, sedo etc).. what is the best landing page option to produce more sales and inquiries IYO?

•••
I use Ahrefs and Moz....

Also Neil Patel has loads of good free resources

•••

So messed up, @Michael

AAC688A2-E3CC-4729-A037-71321334A565.jpeg

6EBBA901-F438-4E1D-B5B3-2E44DB420CC5.jpeg

Where did sell @lambo.com?

Last edited:
•••
Hi Lambo

Thanks for the opportunity!

1. What is your STR for this small portfolio?
2. I'm assuming that majority of them are premium high-quality domains, what is your yearly revenue in dollars?
3. How much do you spend on acquisition currently?
4. The highest you paid for any domain to acquire it for reselling?
5. What is the best place or way to acquire premium high-quality domains at reasonable reseller price? Like an auction, private acquisition etc?

Regards

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back