IT.COM

Hunting for end users this xxxx happens sometimes..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Being sending a few email contacting end users for one of my domain name.
Is a .com (brandable) and it matches exactly the business of a guy that has a big villa for rent in Thailand.
He currently has a website with the name of the villa (for ex. let s say Lisa) with added the place where the villa is located (for ex lets says Bangkok).
Cost to rent the villa starts at 850 per night
I was offering him the Lisa.com for a very reasonable price (that I stated on my email of low XXXX).
Here is the sequence:

Dear Mr XXXX,
we are contacting you as we think you might be potentially interested in the domain name XXXXX.com. You are probably aware the importance of having a domain name that matches and fully represent your business online.
Our asking price is just 1900 US$.
Please let us know if you are interested, or we will move on with other potential buyers.

Best Regards

This is what I got back straight away

give you 5 bucks if not, then xxxxx off

well not exactly what I expected. At this point (unfortunately I have a temper) couldn t resist to reply

you are asking 850 bucks for night you are the one that have to xxxx off

ops...couldn t resist.. :)
then I received

You prick u paid nothing for that domain. I paid 1.5Million USD fuxx and when you finished fucxxx off, fuxx off again, then fuxx off

Ok this was really a bad point. I didn t pay nothing , I have been polite why this guy and I am being verbally abused for no reason. Lost my temper again and replied:

wish you all the best for your business, but I doubt it will last long after seing your level of education.
Have a big breath,take a break and stick your 1.5million right in your arxx
Regards

This is what it followed
him
Haha thank you have a good night:)

me
can t really understand why you had been so nasty, you could just answer "thanks I am not interested".We buy / sell domains and develop website for a living.Anyway have a goodnight as well.

I wanted to understand more, and have a feedback on what I did wrong if any

him
Because i get 70 spams a day and get angry.

not really a good point IMO as we all get spam, I just ignore them. The fact is that domaining is often seen as a "vulture" business where people steal somebody else domain. We all know is not like that, but still ...
I replied

Sorry to hear it, but I am not a spammer as I target just and only selected possible candidates for our domains.Domain sale is a huge and respectable industry, and is hard work and capital investment, as I imagine is your business.
I have beein buying/selling domain since 2003 (sales also for 5 figures) and it was the first time I had such a harsh reply.
I do apologize anyway for my bad language, I have been unprofessional as well..
Take care
Marco

I still felt wrong for my replies (oh well not really...)

and him

Me too, sorry you got caught in the crossfire
Good luck

This shows how also you have to get lucky to get a customer in the right moment/mood and who knows, he might contact me back to buy the domain...another lesson learned .

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sounds like u made a new friend
maybe u get villa rent discount when visit
enjoy

Last edited:
•••
That is not bad conversation at all. The guy was polite at the end, and who knows, maybe he is going to contact you in some time again, there is good chance. Thanks for sharing this I had fun:)

•••
Sounds like one of those good experiences where someone learns how to calm the buyer down for a possible future sale.

•••
•••
Hhaha this was funny! .....Thanks for sharing.

•••
I like how you admit to your own unprofessionalism too. Takes balls to hold our hands up when wrong.

•••
I found this funny at first then I actually appreciate how you explained your respond and goal. Good job!

#DomainersLivesMatter

•••
This is sales.
It happens and you need thick skin to deal with it.

I've had lots of rudeness and aggression over many years from different people/leads//clients, it's just par for the course and you need to just ignore it (or learn from it and change where necessary) and move on, to make money in whatever sales field you are in.

•••
This is sales.
It happens and you need thick skin to deal with it.

I've had lots of rudeness and aggression over many years from different people/leads//clients, it's just par for the course and you need to just ignore it (or learn from it and change where necessary) and move on, to make money in whatever sales field you are in.

I agree, but it was pretty evident that the guy (probably british living overseas) over-reacted to a polite and innocent email. I felt slapped from a wealthy guy throwing all his hate on me; then I reacted, as I am not used to be treated this way by anybody. I know I wasn't professional but at least I had some reaction back and brought the guy to get more humble and come to terms with my good faith.

•••
I agree, but it was pretty evident that the guy (probably british living overseas) over-reacted to a polite and innocent email. I felt slapped from a wealthy guy throwing all his hate on me; then I reacted, as I am not used to be treated this way by anybody. I know I wasn't professional but at least I had some reaction back and brought the guy to get more humble and come to terms with my good faith.

I know my reply isn't going to be very popular but again it's just sales.
Some people are going to react aggressively because they are having a bad day, have been spammed a million times, someone was rude to them, children stressing them out etc.

I wasn't having a go at you for reacting I have learned over years to just move on and use my energy better for other leads/sales to come. You have been lucky to not have experienced this sort of behaviour before, I've had this a good number of times and at first it shocked me and ruined my day, but not anymore.

I hope you don't have it again but be ready for it in case.

•••
me
can t really understand why you had been so nasty, you could just answer "thanks I am not interested".We buy / sell domains and develop website for a living.Anyway have a goodnight as well.

I wanted to understand more, and have a feedback on what I did wrong if any

Instead of the Nasty replies.. The above reply would've been the right one.. As you're the one initiated the convo.. and according to his replies, he feels domainer's as spammers.. be cause he gets lots of those domain for sale emails, I'm sure most of us do with the variations of our domains.. so instead of the nasty one it's better be a pro ALWAYS...

lessons learned? I did :)

•••
Regardless, after your first angry reply you cannot then pretend to be professional.

Sorry.

•••
I have turned "f*** off"-s in to sales by staying professional. It is to be expected when you contact somebody out of the blue. I need about 10-20 min to cool down first, then I write that I am sorry to bother him and that I genuinely thought that he would have interest in the name because *insert reasons here* and I usually get a nice reply back, and sometimes it turns in to a sale too.

•••
Next time don't stoop to his level, as my mom always said kill em with kindness. Sales are tough in any industry, require thick skin, politeness, and professionalism to the end of the transaction.

•••
Next time don't stoop to his level, as my mom always said kill em with kindness. Sales are tough in any industry, require thick skin, politeness, and professionalism to the end of the transaction.

Couldn't agree more with you.
Bang on!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back