Dynadot

Humor: NamePros Domain Comics

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We would like to welcome you to the Official Domain Comics thread.
Please share your favorite comics with your friends and followers to show your support! :)

This thread will feature domain comic strips relating to the domain industry; please feel free to post your own comics that are domain related!

Domainer comics will be added to this thread frequently. We encourage you to subscribe for updates to receive a notification when new comics are added.

You are more than welcome to share our domain comics on your own web sites and blogs (Right click > Save image as). All we ask is that you don't edit or alter any of the comics.

Below is the initial comic character introduction. As the comic strip unfolds, we'll be adding more characters and special guest stars along the way. Stay Tuned!

comic-intro.png

Domain Name Comics are also posted on the Official NamePros Pinterest Account.​

Disclaimer: This domain comic strip is protected under U.S. copyright law (title 17 of the U.S. Code) and by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Please note that the NamePros comic strip may occasionally perform comical parody being used in conjunction with U.S. fair use laws and in no way claims any of the depicted comical satire to be accurate (Please treat all comic strips as fictional humour).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The inspiration for this comic was all of the times I’ve seen people ask each other how to monetize a domain while it sat parked, waiting to be sold.

It seems that no matter how many times this question about domain monetization is asked, the answer is always the same generic response. I can’t tell if people just want to participate without finding a real answer, or if they simply don’t want to reveal any secrets to competitors. Either way, I hope you enjoy this comic!

Please show your support by sharing with your friends and followers (link below).

s3-e1-domain-monetizing.png

Series 3 / Episode 1 - Domain Monetizing

Link to share: https://www.namepros.com/images/comics/s3-e1-domain-monetizing.png

•••
People frequently talk about developing their domains into fully automated websites, and I can’t help but snicker from time to time. I've been developing my own domains since 2005. This entire time I’ve been looking for an easy development opportunity that can churn cash hand over fist without any work.

It's a great dream and possible to a certain small extent. Many of us have already found ways to promote a domain and keep organic traffic coming to it, but have found that the promotional aspects still require constant active work. Even with this harsh reality that I’ve come into contact with over and over again, I still search for that perfect gold mine, that one time startup cost, merry-go-round profit center that no longer needs pushing.

The dead ends I experienced on this journey inspired this comic. Enjoy!

Please show your support by sharing with your friends and followers (link below).

49877_4fd92104d153ce87d291649e02c615d1.png

Series 3 / Episode 2 - Zero Effort

Link to share: https://www.namepros.com/images/comics/s3-e2-zero-effort.png

Attachments

• s3-e2-zero-effort.png
    s3-e2-zero-effort.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 91
•••
•••
While shopping at the local electronics store the other day I happened to stumble across a salesman. On his first approach he asked if I needed any help, and I let him know that I was just browsing. About fifteen minutes into my wandering around, the same salesman approached me again and asked if I had any questions. I immediately responded with, "just getting holiday ideas, I'll let you know if I need anything."

Some large electronics stores have a back room with premium equipment, like home entertainment systems and audio equipment set-ups. This particular store had a back room with full size transparent glass windows for walls. I realized that the salesman was watching me from the other side of it as I shopped. I couldn't help but think of all the persistent domain sellers out there, and was inspired to put together this comic for everyone. I hope you like it!

50300_dad9e4b55bc7461e76384c255cefba1b.png

Series 3 / Episode 3 - Persistence

Link to share: https://www.namepros.com/images/comics/s3-e3-persistence.png

Attachments

• s3-e3-persistence.png
    s3-e3-persistence.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 98
•••
Hey Eric,

Nice to see you got your funny back.
One question though, were you in full 'hawk mode while cruzin the store?

Peace,
Cy

•••
Hey Eric,

Nice to see you got your funny back.
One question though, were you in full 'hawk mode while cruzin the store?

Peace,
Cy
No, I only sported the Mohawk for a few months and now I'm letting it all grow out like a 80's/90's rock-n-roll band. ;)

•••
I spotted a domain reseller talking with a new member about their portfolio the other day and it inspired me to create another comic. The member was interested in checking out what the reseller was pushing and even had capital to invest if he liked any of the domains. This is the opportunity that every experienced domainer, including myself, hopes for: A customer with money who is eager to buy something and wants to see your entire portfolio. The reseller’s response surprised and amused me, so I depicted it in this comic. I guess it just goes to show that everyone has different priorities when it comes to “selling.”

50772_101d4b34fde7d869d6ebcc0c5c454eeb.png

Series 3 / Episode 4 - Special People

Link to share: https://www.namepros.com/images/comics/s3-e4-special-people.png

Attachments

• s3-e4-special-people.png
    s3-e4-special-people.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 100
•••
•••
I came across a blog the other day that seemingly outlined how to become a millionaire in the domain industry by focusing on marking up domains and then offering “discounts” to customers. It’s no surprise that there are many similar blog posts across the web, but this particular one made me chuckle more than usual.

It was a prime example of how domainers tweak their terminology to pique buyer interest. It’s funny to see domains that I wouldn’t even purchase for a dollar offered with such high mark-ups, and pitched as a discounted “deal” for a limited time. The laugh I got from this blog inspired me to create this comic. Enjoy!

51366_477fec89c6dac0f24424f1b5115aa7b2.png

Series 3 / Episode 5 - Discounts

Link to share: https://www.namepros.com/images/comics/s3-e5-discounts.png

Attachments

• s3-e5-discounts.png
    s3-e5-discounts.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 91
•••
•••
I got the idea for this comic the other day when a solicitor knocked on my door. While answering the door I wondered what it would be like if domainers did door to door sales instead of emails and social networking. I imagined that a door to door domain salesman would try to upsell or cross sell me after I turned down their initial offer. I played out the scenario in this comic. I hope you enjoy it!

51598_ac4c60a48d3b356516358017133f9d3e.png

Series 3 / Episode 6 - No Soliciting

Link to share: https://www.namepros.com/images/comics/s3-e6-no-soliciting.png

Attachments

• s3-e6-no-soliciting.png
    s3-e6-no-soliciting.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 84
•••
My family and I had a friendly debate the other night while discussing different ways that my wife's fifteen year old son could legally generate income while attending high school. We considered several options and ended up focusing on digital design, or yard work and chores. I almost suggested using a portion of his allowance to invest in domains, but then I imagined how that would go as he was just starting out, and I wrote this comic instead. My wife and her son still don't know why I was chuckling during our conversation that night. Enjoy!

52570_003a58cbdd6c0a10894605eae5681fcf.png

Series 3 / Episode 7 - Just Starting Out

Link to share: https://www.namepros.com/images/comics/s3-e7-just-starting-out.png

Attachments

• s3-e7-just-starting-out.png
    s3-e7-just-starting-out.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 81
•••
1. Teach him to code
2. Build app
3. Get millenial users/media coverage
4. Sell to a huge company for lots of $$$ that needs app for the "cool thing" that appeals to young people.

:-D

My family and I had a friendly debate the other night while discussing different ways that my wife's fifteen year old son could legally generate income while attending high school. We considered several options and ended up focusing on digital design, or yard work and chores. I almost suggested using a portion of his allowance to invest in domains, but then I imagined how that would go as he was just starting out, and I wrote this comic instead. My wife and her son still don't know why I was chuckling during our conversation that night. Enjoy!
Series 3 / Episode 7 - Just Starting Out

Link to share: https://www.namepros.com/images/comics/s3-e7-just-starting-out.png

•••
•••
I had some family over the other day for a short visit. While I was getting some work done, I realized that some of my family members did not understand today’s domain markets. I sat in silence for a good five minutes imagining myself speaking to them in domainer language, and I started laughing. I wrote this comic as a visualization of how that might go. Enjoy!

53512_a4ab80de4a01b93ad31c2c1172d0b26d.png

Series 4 / Episode 1 - Need CHIPs

Link to share: https://www.namepros.com/images/comics/s4-e1-need-chips.png

Attachments

• s4-e1-need-chips.png
    s4-e1-need-chips.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 87
•••
I had just finished a website for one of the domains in my portfolio. Feeling pretty stoked about it, I shared it on social media with friends, family, and associates. Next thing I know, I start seeing exact clones of my development with similar domain names popping up all over the place. Sometimes I forget that sharing an idea can create competition. It also opens the door to unethical activities involving your idea. I created this comic to express that. Enjoy!

53860_f3cb3beef1e9b0fd7b9381022f77d241.png

Series 4 / Episode 2 - Look What I Made

Link to share: https://www.namepros.com/images/comics/s4-e2-look-what-i-made.png

Attachments

• s4-e2-look-what-i-made.png
    s4-e2-look-what-i-made.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 85
•••
I had just finished a website for one of the domains in my portfolio. Feeling pretty stoked about it, I shared it on social media with friends, family, and associates. Next thing I know, I start seeing exact clones of my development with similar domain names popping up all over the place......

Yeah, lol, this one hits close to home for me. The copycat used the same keywords with different extensions. -sigh- A definite chilling effect on helping others.

•••

Attachments

• s4-e3-expiring.png
    s4-e3-expiring.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 84
•••
•••
•••

Attachments

• s4-e4-fee-comparison.png
    s4-e4-fee-comparison.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 77
•••
•••

Attachments

• s4-e5-purchase-offer-reply.png
    s4-e5-purchase-offer-reply.png
    117 KB · Views: 112
•••

Attachments

• s4-e6-retired-domain-investor.png
    s4-e6-retired-domain-investor.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 104
•••

Attachments

• s4-e7-buyer-protection.png
    s4-e7-buyer-protection.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 87
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back