Domain Empire

(FAIL) NetworkSolutions Compare our low prices

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandChimp

Life is short. Get up and make yours better. ChimpTop Member
Impact
I just landed on the funniest NetworkSolutions.com's page
Link: http://www.networksolutions.com/domain-name-registration/PS-domains.jsp (archive)

50091_37180c71c0badc3566571b0ca384e678.JPG

Attachments

• networksolutions.JPG
    networksolutions.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 93
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Epic comparison in domainning history:xf.eek::xf.grin:
NS will be remembered for long time

•••
•••
•••
Should have compared themselves to EnomCentral (.COM: $49.95) and Melbourne IT (.COM: $39.95)...

•••
Should have compared themselves to EnomCentral (.COM: $49.95) and Melbourne IT (.COM: $39.95)...

$49.95!? Woah!

•••
•••
To top it off it seems like the Godaddy price for .com they listed is some kind of a promo price.

•••
To top it off it seems like the Godaddy price for .com they listed is some kind of a promo price.
Agree, even showing 1and1 promo

•••
Nearly all I hear about Network Solutions is bad and obviously they are not helping themselves. Some intelligent marketing and PR is desperately needed.

•••
•••
•••
Why are they even doing this, it's just outrageous. Their marketing department must be on something? Maybe long island iced teas?

•••
The joys of automating scraping...

•••
At those prices their margins are huge.

I know people who had someone register their domain(s) years ago and they just keep renewing. $35 is such small change for even a small business that it is much easier to renew where you already are. Going somewhere else would require research, study and risk. Much easier to just pay the NS price. Much cheaper to renew in the same place than to hire someone to move you elsewhere.

I imagine NS can tell you to the penny how much extra profit is generated by keeping their legacy pricing.

•••
It gets better - that's their PROMO price (bolding mine)
Applicable Promotional Terms
The discounted domain name offer valid for a single, one-year domain name registration. Service will automatically renew until feature is cancelled. Current renewal is $37.99/year. Offer valid only for (1) domain names registered with Network Solutions: (2) .com, .net, .org, .info, or .biz name extensions and (3) generally available domain names and not for any Premium Names. Discounted domain name limited to one per order. Domain name registered on a first-come, first-served basis. No guarantees that domain name will be available or accepted by registry. Offer cannot be combined with any other domain name offer, service upgrade or free trial.

Fully agree with @mhdoc - many people with one or two names are just fine with paying more to not have to change.

•••
haha.

Thanks, posting on DnHumor.com

•••
•••
What happened to drug testing? :xf.rolleyes:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back