Dynadot

Humanity and Cyber Attacks

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
What is wrong with this picture?

What's wrong here is that there is a War going on between the AltRight and the AltLeft which has found its way in every aspect of our civilization and society and now even companies, business, media, journalists, and even judges and doctors are beginning to take sides.

The way things are going I see World War III just around the corner because no one wants to change their ways.

IMO

Thread Rules:

Everyone's opinion is appreciated, but your comments must be on topic and be on the professional, constructive, and respectful side.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think that the "alt-right" vs "alt-left" and hacktivism aspects are miniscule parts of the issue. That conflict been pushed as the primary motivation for cyberattacks by the media (many journalists want easy explanations for their audiences without having to research the subject). This oversimplifies the issue. There are many larger aspects such as state level actors engaging in these attacks via their own military or intelligence agencies or via proxies. Then there are commercial, and possibly criminal, operations that do it for profit (ransomware etc).

Hacking (pushing the boundaries and looking for flaws missed by the developers) is a human instinct. Sometimes those instincts may be put to a less than optimal use. It is highly unlikely that cyberattacks will be eliminated.

Regards...jmcc

•••
It is highly unlikely that cyberattacks will be eliminated.

I have to agree. And due to Covid, many people have started working from home, usually without adequate and well-thought-out security measures. This gives attackers all kinds of new opportunities to get to the crown jewels of companies via this route. Companies that were already focused on virtual working before Covid (companies without physical offices) can also be very vulnerable in this way.

•••
So where is this going to take us 10, 20, or 50 years from now when every person, device, and object is going to be connected to something and somewhere.

IMO

•••
So where is this going to take us 10, 20, or 50 years from now when every person, device, and object is going to be connected to something and somewhere.

IMO
Hacking wetware may be more of a challenge.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Hacking wetware may be more of a challenge.

Regards...jmcc

For people or for AI with its quantum mind.

How do we guarantee that AI is going to be a force of good.

IMO

•••
For people or for AI with its quantum mind.
AI is, at the moment, vastly overrated. There have already been some wetware hacking experiments and there was even one such attack (fictional) featured on an episode of "Homeland".

How do we guarantee that AI is going to be a force of good.
That's a Majkthise and Vroomfondel situation best left to perpetual graduate students and others with a lot of time on their hands.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
AI is, at the moment, vastly overrated. There have already been some wetware hacking experiments and there was even one such attack (fictional) featured on an episode of "Homeland".

That's a Majkthise and Vroomfondel situation best left to perpetual graduate students and others with a lot of time on their hands.

Regards...jmcc

So my concern was about what direction things are going to go in 10, 20, or 50 years in the future.

Don't we have the responsibility to make sure that we don't leave the World in a big mess for the future when it comes to security. .

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Don't we have the responsibility to make sure that we don't leave the the World in a big mess in the future when it comes to security .

People find IoT gadgets in their homes, drones that film everything and electric cars with cameras so interesting that a society is created in which these fine devices are used to continuously monitor you. Of particular concern is that this information also goes to countries with very few freedoms.

You don't easily stop it, society will naturally roll into it.

•••
•••
•••
•••
People find IoT gadgets in their homes, drones that film everything and electric cars with cameras so interesting that a society is created in which these fine devices are used to continuously monitor you. Of particular concern is that this information also goes to countries with very few freedoms.

You don't easily stop it, society will naturally roll into it.

So shouldn't we worry as to whether AI is going to be used to better heal us or to better kill us in the future.

I believe that it's the current generation that has the responsibility to set the tone for how things are going to go in the future.

By the time the future is here it's already too late.

IMO

•••
I know you like to bring AI to the table every time, but I was not talking about AI. Let's keep it simple.

Last edited:
•••
I know you like to bring AI on the table every time, but I was not talking about AI. Let's keep it simple.

Having Better Security = Having Better AI

Or don't you agree ( at least in the near future).

Last edited:
•••
You're really getting us quiet with the AI thing. Please see what @jmcc said about this as well.

If you want to talk rationally about technical aspects of security, combined with maybe social engineering at max, you're most welcome in your own thread.

You're making this an overly broad topic for people with an intimate understanding of security and working in the field.

My advice. IMO.

Last edited:
•••
You're really getting us quiet with the AI thing. Please see what @jmcc said about this as well.

If you want to talk rationally about technical aspects of security, combined with maybe social engineering at max, you're most welcome in your own thread.

You're making this an overly broad topic for people with an intimate understanding of security and working in the field.

My advice. IMO.

Okay I won't speak about AI anymore

(I just wait till it can speak for itself. :xf.wink:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back