IT.COM

Humanity and Cyber Attacks

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
What is wrong with this picture?

What's wrong here is that there is a War going on between the AltRight and the AltLeft which has found its way in every aspect of our civilization and society and now even companies, business, media, journalists, and even judges and doctors are beginning to take sides.

The way things are going I see World War III just around the corner because no one wants to change their ways.

IMO

Thread Rules:

Everyone's opinion is appreciated, but your comments must be on topic and be on the professional, constructive, and respectful side.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What's wrong here is that there is a War going on between the AltRight and the AltLeft which has found its way in every aspect of our civilization and society and now even companies, business, media, journalists, and even judges and doctors are beginning to take sides.

The way things are going I see World War III just around the corner because no one wants to change their ways.

IMO

Interesting thought, but you are far from the first to make this prediction since WW II. There are now other forms of warfare, namely in the digital domain, where war already takes place permanently. Countries are now changing their defensive capabilities into offensive ones, sometimes after constitutional amendments. There is definitely a new arms race going on, but not in the traditional sense. Did you know that Russia has taken far-reaching steps to be able to disconnect the entire country from the rest of the Internet if necessary?

Last edited:
•••
Interesting thought, but you are far from the first to make this prediction since WWII. There are now other forms of warfare, namely in the digital domain, where war already takes place permanently. Countries are now changing their defensive capabilities into offensive ones, sometimes after constitutional amendments. There is definitely a new arms race going on, but not in the traditional sense. Did you know that Russia has taken far-reaching steps to be able to disconnect the entire country from the rest of the Internet if necessary?

The bad news is that the Humanity and our Home Planet are on a path of self destruction (this thread is only a sample of what we can expect to come if we all stay on the same course).

But the good news is that it's not too late for everyone to change their old ways and try to ascend to a higher level of existence and thinking by finding some common grounds over the Universal Principles and Values that are derived through Logic and Compassion (as I have been repeatedly saying all along).

IMO

•••
The bad news is that the Humanity and our Home Planet are on a path of self destruction (this thread is only a sample of what we can expect to come if we all stay on the same course).

But the good news is that it's not too late for everyone to change their old ways and try to ascend to a higher level of existence and thinking by finding some common grounds over the Universal Principles and Values that are derived through Logic and Compassion (as I have been repeatedly saying all along).

IMO

Sorry, don't know how to respond to this.

•••

You can find the answer by freeing your mind of all the biases and constraints that have been put on you by all the old philosophies, doctrines, and ideologies and let yourself be guided by your sense of Logic and Compassion.

Although for you to be able to find true Logic and Compassion you first need to become a Force For Good by freeing yourself of all the bad human characteristics of greed, hate, lust, jealousy, and lack of empathy and be able to put the good and interest of the Humanity and our Environment above your self interest.

IMO

•••

Let me try.

IMO

I think we are seriously overthinking and dramatizing the scope of this thread. Indeed, the new war is taking place in the digital domain. Hacking into government systems, misinformation campaigns, etc. But this is not what is happening here. Yes, the reason why E got hacked is because of their backing of far-right extremist players and their poor security. Hacking has been around for a long time. I have had a site defaced by an extreme person or group from the middle east. I have been attacked by ransomware. I have had my server infected with spamware and used to send mass spam. I have been attacked by other scam artists. This is an unfortunate and frustrating aspect of working online. But I used each opportunity to learn, improve security, and adapt my behavior.

What we expect in these situations is transparency, honesty, and positive changes. I don't think that is unreasonable.

Last edited:
•••
You can find the answer by freeing your mind of all the biases and constraints that have been put on you by all the old philosophies, doctrines, and ideologies and let yourself be guided by your sense of Logic and Compassion.

Although for you to be able to find true Logic and Compassion you first need to become a Force For Good by freeing yourself of all the bad human characteristics of greed, hate, lust, jealousy, and lack of empathy and be able to put the good and interest of the Humanity and our Environment above your self interest.

IMO

tenor.gif

Last edited:
•••
greed, hate, lust, jealousy, and lack of empathy

That's a lot of accusations. But since you're probably a good person yourself, I'll let you get away with it.

In the meantime, I'm going to pick some lavender and enjoy OpenBSD.

•••
That's a lot of accusations. But since you're probably a good person yourself, I'll let you get away with it.

In the meantime, I'm going to pick some lavender and enjoy OpenBSD.

I am not accusing anyone in particular, just giving my opinion about the big picture here.

IMO

Even for a thread with a lot of issues, this latest off-topic diversion is just plain weird.

Can we please keep personal philosophies and other musings off the thread and concentrate on the Epik databreach and its fallout? A thread on saving the world could be set up for the off-topic stuff.

Regards...jmcc

You were the last person that I expected to say something like that,

I have always read your comments here on the forum with great interest as you seem to be a knowledge person when it comes to the digital realm and as such I was hoping that you would understand the points that I was trying to make better than anyone else here,

Nevertheless I have said what I wanted to say so I guess we can get back on topic (all the fighting that is).

IMO

•••
Nevertheless I have said what I wanted to say so I guess we can get back on topic (all the fighting that is).

By stating this IMO you are trivializing the discourse. It is appropriate to hold someone in a responsible position accountable. The fighting only comes when that person resists by denial, deflection, or gaslighting. Many facts are out there. Coming in buckets and drips.

Although I fundamentally disagree with many things RM says and does, I do believe that E can be reincarnated in some form of a version of itself. Though I can't see it reach mass market. But if RM insists on the same course then there will continue to be scandals even if he has the resources to keep the company running.

Last edited:
•••
You were the last person that I expected to say something like that,
There is a lot of misinformation and speculation about the Epik breach and many people are using this thread to keep informed on the situation.

Once personal philosophies and the political posturing enter into the thread, objectivity is lost and people end up fighting each other instead of adding to the knowledge of the situation. There's a time and place for philosophies and politics but this is a search for the facts about what happened. This is why it is important to focus on the Epik databreach and its effects.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
By stating this IMO you are trivializing the discourse. It is appropriate to hold someone in a responsible position accountable. The fighting only comes when that person resists by denial, deflection, or gaslighting. Many facts are out there. Coming in buckets and drips.

Although I fundamentally disagree with many things RM says and does, I do believe that E can be reincarnated in some form of a version of itself. Although I can't see it reach mass market. But if RM insists on the same course then there will continue to be scandals even if he has the resources to keep the company running.

As I have mentioned earlier on this thread everyone has to decide what the goal is here as far as whether it's to Destroy or to Reform and although there are no guarantees that Epik is willing or able to rebrand with a new mindset, strategy, goal, and platform even if given the chance and as such I reserve all judgments about this situation until I see what steps are going to be taken going forward.

But my comments earlier on this page go far beyond the situation with Epik as I am trying to explore the root causes that have in great part contributed to the situation at hand (in addition to some of the laxed security systems and protocols).

IMO

•••
As I have mentioned earlier on this thread everyone has to decide what the goal is here as far as whether it's to Destroy or to Reform and although there are no guarantees that Epik is willing or able to rebrand with a new mindset, strategy, goal, and platform even if given the chance and as such I reserve all judgments about this situation until I see what steps are going to be taken going forward.

But my comments earlier on this page go far beyond the situation with Epik as I am trying to explore the root causes that have in great part contributed to the situation at hand (in addition to some of the laxed security systems and protocols).

IMO

I appreciate the position you are coming from. The scope of this thread is the E situation. If we delve into the big picture, root causes, morals, cyber wars, etc., then the thread can be easily derailed. As mentioned by @jmcc, another thread should be created for that.

•••
I think maybe the whole left vs right issue is way way way overblown. Outside the US its not even a thing. I mean if I didn't listen to the Joe Rogan podcast I wouldn't even know there was such a thing and the alt left and alt right. The vast vast majority of people are more worried about their own lives and how to pay the bills than what other peoples beliefs and opinions are.

As for the people who are in these groups, I fear you would have to be incredibly naive to think they can change. A high percentage of people are morons or idiots unfortunately.

Last edited:
•••
I think maybe the whole left vs right issue is way way way overblown. Outside the US its not even a thing.

I think this putting of people into opposite camps is used by very few as a control mechanism. It is an us vs them, black and white, thought control used by cults and high control groups.

Last edited:
•••
I appreciate the position you are coming from. The scope of this thread is the E situation. If we delve into the big picture, root causes, morals, cyber wars, etc., then the thread can be easily derailed. As mentioned by @jmcc, another thread should be created for that.

Now that a new thread has been created with a new more broad title, the scope of the thread has expanded. So @oldtimer, have your today. (y)

•••
I think maybe the whole left vs right issue is way way way overblown. Outside the US its not even a thing. I mean if I didn't listen to the Joe Rogan podcast I wouldn't even know there was such a thing and the alt left and alt right. The vast vast majority of people are more worried about their own lives and how to pay the bills than what other peoples beliefs and opinions are.

As for the people who are in these groups, I fear you would have to be incredibly naive to think they can change. A high percentage of people are morons or idiots unfortunately.

I think this putting of people into opposite camps is used by very few as a control mechanism. It is an us vs them, black and white, thought control used by cults.

Now that a new thread has been created with a new more broad title, the scope of the thread has expanded. So @oldtimer, have your today. (y)

Thanks @DN Playbook ,

But you guys are still making this kind of comments in the Epik breach thread which could be considered off topic,

Nevertheless the less I will go ahead and respond and the mods can move your posts and my response to the appropriate thread if they want to.

I am all for protecting the Humanity and the Environment.

Which in my opinion Environment also includes all the animals and all the other lifeforms and entities whether natural or artificial and goes far beyond just Earth specially now that we are exploring the Space and other Planets.

Humanity also includes the average people who are minding their own business and are working hard to make a living so that they can take care of their families.

The average person around the World doesn't really want to hate anyone as the matter of fact most of us as human beings instinctively want to help other human beings that might be in distress or experiencing some kind of a hardship.

The problem is most of the divisions and animosities that have started at the top in the past are now working their way into the lives of the masses below.

The average people around the World are now being groomed through their different political, religious, racial, and economical affiliations and loyalties to become radicalized and lose their humanity so that they can be used as soldiers in the Wars amongst the forces and elements of the status quo that want to stick to all the old and out dated ideologies, doctrines, and philosophies of the past.

The future can be very bright if we use all our newly acquired technologies and abilities to save our Environment and to make life better for all, but if we allow those at the top who want to sow divisions and animosities among us to get their way then our World will surely implode in the near future under all the pressures.

So the Humanity as a whole needs to wake up and take control of its Destiny before it's too late.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
The average person around the World doesn't really want to hate anyone as the matter of fact most of us as human beings instinctively want to help other human beings that might be in distress or experiencing some kind of a hardship.

People as individuals are basically decent. They love their family, take care of their home, are good neighbors, etc. But as groups they have the potential to commit atrocities. As can be seen in wars, high control groups, extremist groups, etc. They abandon their individual human decency and adopt group mentality.

•••
•••
As we become more and more dependent on technology and as every aspect of our lives is going to be controlled by AI and Automation in some way or another in the near future it makes me wonder how things are going to be in 10 , 20, or 50 years from now if we as the human race can not find a way to put an end to all the hostilities, animosities, and divisions that are going to continue to manifest themselves in more and more security breaches in the future.

The time to come up with some solutions is right now before things start to really go out of control. And any potential solution can not be based on killing and destroying the opposition and silencing those that we don't agree with because that is only going to add to the level of hostilities and animosities that already exists.

For the sake of the future generations that are going to live in this World we have to come together and try to find some common grounds over the Universal Principles and Values that are derived through Logic and Compassion and adjust our mindsets accordingly so that Humanity as a whole can become a Force For Good.

There are no good guys and bad guys when it comes to how the World is functioning right now because the supposedly good guys are actually killing more people through Wars, lack of healthcare, abortion, and in many other ways than any of the bad guys ever did and that's why that we can't leave anyone behind.

Humanity as a whole needs to ascend to a higher level of existence and thinking and enter a new Era that is going to be reflective of the intelligent and peaceful beings that we claim to be.

Otherwise are we going to have to deal with Capitalist AIs or Communist AIs or Christian AIs and Moslem AIs. And Are we going to have extremist AIs and racist AIs in another words are we going to pass all our differences and our bad human characteristics down to AI and if so then what kind of a World are we going to leave for the future generations. .

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Humanity as a whole needs to ascend to a higher level of existence and thinking and enter a new Era that is going to be reflective of the intelligent and peaceful beings that we claim to be.

Otherwise are we going to have to deal with Capitalist AIs or Communist AIs or Christian AIs and Moslem AIs. And Are we going to have extremist AIs and racist AIs in another words are we going to pass all our differences and our bad human characteristics down to AI and if so then what kind of a World are we going to leave for the future generations. .

IMO, future AI will abandon the Laws of Robotics. Humans will continue to develop algorithms, but at some point we won't know the difference. Superintelligent machines will likely develop their own computer language and evolve faster than the collective of humanity. AI will support those systems that sustain it (and it doesn't require nature).

•••
We talking HLMI up in here? Sweet. Anyone read Samsung’s white paper on 6th generation tech. Interesting read.

•••
WW3 would be the end of us all, and would be far worse than any fixable situation that we have now

•••
An even Better read is Global Trends 2040 published by the ODNI. We live in a dialectic with two sides constantly fighting and endless wars to nowhere. We have a choice on whether we want to play political fantasy football or whether to be that synthesis we want to see in the world. Do you want to be a creature or a creator? This is the catastrophe of free will.

•••
That 6g paper is worth looking at. digital avatars, real xr, and 50 times the peak data rate at one tenth of the latency of 5G. May seem like it is far off, but we could see that in the next 6 or 7 years.

•••
Back