Domain Empire

HugeDomains.com is Buying 50%+ of Expiring Domains at GoDaddy.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arca

Top Member
Impact
I've been wondering about the competition in auctions for expiring domains over at GoDaddy.com, because somebody is paying hundreds for seemingly every domain that gets a few bidders.

I’ve also noticed a clear pattern, with the last bidder (or one of the last bidders) entering the auction winning most of the time, which made me think that there is one large corporate buyer piggybacking of whatever domains other people find and bid on. Turns out that is the case: HugeDomains.com is buying most domains over at GoDaddy.com expired auctions. I looked up the WHOIS of the past 150 auctions I have lost at GoDaddy.com, and 84 of those are now owned by HugeDomains.com and listed for sale on HugeDomains.com.

While 50%+ may not be representative of overall domains bought at GoDaddy, they do seem to buy far more domains than anyone else. The 66 names not bought by HugeDomains.com were bought by a number of different individuals and companies (BuyDomains.com bought 6 of those 66, for example), so 50%+ were taken by HugeDomains, while "the rest" of the auction wins were by a number of different individual domainers and companies.

This might not be news to some, but I've never seen anyone mention that HugeDomains is this active over at GD expired auctions, so I thought it might be interesting for some people to know who is outbidding everyone in the lower range over at GoDaddy. I've read people mentioning that HugeDomains buy names in close-out status over at GoDaddy, but never that they buy most of the domains in auctions too.

HugeDomains absolutely dominates all auctions below $5XX, and they only picked up a single name above $5XX (cakemart.com) in my sample of 150 names, so $5XX seems to be a self-imposed limit for them. If I only checked domains sold below $5XX, the percentage bought by them would be even higher. I've been the second highest bidder in lots of auctions that HugeDomains.com won, and in my experience they will keep bidding until you give up or until the price passes $5XX. By outbidding most bidders in the lower end, and acquiring more than half of the domains other people also have interest, it leaves a far smaller pool of names for the rest of the domainers to compete for, so I guess that's part of the reason why the reseller prices for names keep increasing so much for names in this range.

The only way to buy cheap domains at GoDaddy auctions now seems to be to let domains expire with 0 bids, so that they go to close-out status, and then try to snipe them as soon as that happens. However, some domainers seem to think it's smart to bid $12 on any decent name when there is 1-15 minutes left, hoping that nobody else is going to place a bid, so fewer and fewer decent names are let to expire with 0 bids. However, that strategy never seems to work (I've tried it myself lots of names, and it did not work even one time), because there are always other people watching and waiting for the name to go to close-out, and they jump in and bid if you make a $12 bid, and most of those names are eventually won by HugeDomains.com. What experiences do other people have at GD recently? Anyone else have any good strategies for buying expiring domains @ GoDaddy.com these days?

Some examples of expired domains bought at GoDaddy.com auctions by HugeDomains:
Domain: skillsharing.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $540
Asking price (at HugeDomains): $2995

Domain: ledmaster.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $537
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $2195

Domain: cyberstrategies.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $262
Asking price (at HugeDomains): $2895

Domain: crablab.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $320
Asking price (at HugeDomains): $1895

Domain: dailyportal.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $560
Asking price (at HugeDomains): $2895

Domain: fivesecondrule.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $42
Asking price (at HugeDomains): $2695

Domain: deltacloud.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $365
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $1795

Domain: itace.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $499
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $2595

Domain: sunnykitchen.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $200
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $2595

Domain: baristaschool.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $449
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $2895

Domain: cakemart.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $695
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $3495

Domain: visuala.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $315
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $2795

Domain: massanalytics.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $130
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $2095

Domain: edusport.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $535
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $2995

Domain: acneguru.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $52
Asking price (at HugeDomains): $2495

Domain: stylefolio.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $195
Asking price (at HugeDomains): $1995

Related: HUGE DOMAINS SNIPING GODADDY CLOSEOUTS

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Absolutely. Price increases are also a result of numerous domainers going about their business in self-sabotaging ways. Due to the open nature of most platforms these days, you can buy a ton of names every day without having to do any research yourself, because these platforms are designed to facilitate piggybacking on other domainers research. However, people are not doing anything to prevent it (even though it is preventable a lot of the time).

At GoDaddy, a ton of people (or maybe just one guy, we'll never know until they implement bidding aliases) place a $12 bid 3 days, or even 6 days ahead of the auction ending time. So instead of putting the name on their watchlist, they use bidding as a way of putting the name on their watchlist, so apparently they don't understand that bidding is alerting everyone to the fact that they intend to buy the name. Names with bids are highlighted at expireddomains.net and they also tend to show up in the list of domainshane and others, so they will get a ton of eyeballs, and subsequently bidders, and whoever is buying the name is almost guaranteed to overpay. Bidding in order to put names on your watchlist, instead of just using the built-in watchlist function and starting to bid later, is like asking to lose or overpay for a name. Yet a ton of domainers do it. It is probably going to make less of a difference now that HD is jumping in on everything with bids though. I wonder why not more people take their chances and try to snipe names as close-out bargains instead, because the chances of winning a name this way is likely higher than being able to win a GD bidding war these days.

Also: GoDaddy Auctions smartphone app works fine (at least the android version). If you can't be on your computer and bid, there is no need to place a proxy bid in advance, just bid later on your smartphone wherever your are.

Similarly, on Namejet, if everyone could wait until the last minute to place a backorder for most pre-release names at NameJet, there would be 50-95% less bidders in auctions. Most people there are clearly just piggybacking of other people research/orders, but still some people place bids days and even weeks in advance, alerting everyone else to the name, making sure there are 20-80 other bidders eventually. Due to the way the NameJet system works, if everyone just waited until the last minute to order pre-release names, there would be far less bidders in all the private auctions for these names, and prices would be far lower, because many of the deep-pocket bidders who are usually in these auctions would simply not be participating in many of them.

There is also one person, or a group who will keep bidding $5 until they push the top bidders floor price to the max, and then just stop bidding, I have seen this in the past year quite a bit at godaddy. Without usernames, it is very hard to self police awkward bidding patterns. You can't be naive when it comes to such procedures. We saw it with snapnames, with dicker on godaddy as an employee, dropcatch I have seen many non payment wins, you really have to be self aware.

•••
I have my own filters and price points i stick too, I may not win all the auctions, but i'm not going to overpay for a name either.

•••
Hi!
I have some lists of past won GD expired auctions with full data, so I did a quick research and want to share my results with you.

First: For October - I took a list of 950 .com names (without numbers and hyphens) that have some Estibot value (between 15 and 5000+.)
  • 150 are private
  • an Indian domainer took 36 names
  • HD are at third place with 35 - that makes 3.6%
There are a lot of individuals who won one or two names.
  • 214 of those 950 domains are auctioned at the moment on GD, with average min bid of $2,566.
  • 139 are on Sedo - average $3,243.
Second: My list for November GD expired auctions is almost double - 1706 names with Estibot.
I noticed an increace of people getting more than 2 domains.
Also, there are some individuals with 20-30-50 domains.
  • the Indian domainer has got 194 names
  • private registrations from that list are 134
  • HD is again at third place with 132 names - 7.7%
374 names are auctioned on GD, and 465 - on Sedo. /never know how is correct to say - 'at GD' or 'on GD' /

HD dont't bid on every auction, IMO.

If I have more time, I will check the lists without Estibot later.

Last edited:
•••
Well, if they want to bid up to $500 (as noticed in the beginning of the thread) on domains that - in many cases - may be resold to endusers (with a reasonable annual sell through rate of course) only in the same price range ($400-...-$1000 in the best case, if resold at all) - they are very welcome to do so.

I recently started to optimize my own GoDaddy portfolio by not renewing a number of (originally) intended-to-be-sold domains that no more fit my quality criterias. In particular those that were not sold for a reasonably long time even @ "internal closeout" funny prices ~$100-$200 as premium listings also visible and linked-to on domain landing pages. If I mark the domain for non-renewal (long before expiration) - it would be the only case for such funny prices to appear. HugeDomains is now proud owner of most of these and listed them in 4-figures range. Best of luck to them, seriously. I will drop even more domains and I am sure most will end up in the same HugeDomains hands. Moreover, the "madness" discussed in this thread only makes me drop more and more lower quality domains and make my "renew or not" criterias even more strict. If this makes more $$$ to GoDaddy (to whom else?) as the result of HugeDomains actions - then I'm completely satisfied, as my business noticeably depends on GoDaddy and so their stable and financially healthy situation is what I can only appreciate.

HugeDomains is either spending their own $$$ or credit $$$ (which is of course not uncommon for business in their country of origin - U.S., even GoDaddy has bank debts if we check public shareholders info). If they spend their own $$$ - it is one thing, if they spend somebody else's money - then I think I am sorry for those who gave them $$$ (credits, etc) as that funds are likely not used in optimal way.

The only problem I see in the whole story is the following: HugeDomains is actively using Afternic and SedoMLS to distribute their portfolio. If they add a noticeable number of domains they are currently purchasing AND at the prices they are intending to resell these for - THEN both afternic and sedomls will become overwhelmed with domains that are - lets say - not optimal in Quality-VS-Price criteria. What will endusers see? To begin with, a number of trademarked domains for $2595 (yes, the hugedomains bot is unaware of too many trademarks), etc, etc, etc... This may, and WILL, affect both distribution networks and of course will affect our domains that are distributed (space in search results of each participating registrar is limited, and this limited space will more and more be used for overpriced lower quality domains).

Last edited:
•••
They don t use just a script, they use AI. The input from bidders make them evaluate the domain name. They have a maximum price that they stop bidding of course.
Now about their strategy, no it is not profitable and it is not sustainable. Some said that they are profitable if we consider their dropcatch activity. But this is not business logic. Each sector is considered independently. No one wants to throw money out of the window, even if there is cash. And tax reasons isn t the cause also. Companies always prefer taxed profits from real losses.
I can find only three logical explanations. The first is that the management is messed up/miscalculated. Or it is an expirement as many mentioned, they try to improve their AI algorithms. If this is the case then they will see them stop this tactic soon.
The second is that they want to keep the oversaturation in .com. Because they have a large-better say huge-portfolio in this extension, they try to keep the extention as it is and keep or even drive the prices up.
Finally, there is a third, shady scenario. They have a special deal with GD. They are customers and at the same time brokers. GD pays them a very large fee of the profit(margin) of what they pay and the last bidder (the price that the domain would be sold if HG did not interfere). In the extreme , even almost all. In this case the HG buys the domain nearly where the last bidder would have bought it. And of course again keeps the market saturated and the prices for end users hight.
But why GD would agree on such a thing? Or why didn t do that himself, someone could argue. Well, GD surely would t risk doing that on his own, the risk is to high.If got caught it will ruin his fame. With the help of HD he keeps caching renewal fees, get fees if the domain is sold in the future from is platform and, most importantly, he keeps his large market share on registrar's pie. Of course the agreement has as a condition for HG to not change the registrar for these domains and also list them for selling to GD s platform (not exclusively).
Of course the last scenario is just a theory. But the numbers are large and the money big. Everything is possible in life and domaing industry.

•••
Takes.com is a $1m + domain i'd have thought

No it is not, not even close.

Just because it is a one word domain does not mean it is automatically worth 1m.

•••
LOL

This is the Domainers' Conundrum:

- expired domains will invariably fetch higher prices (at auction) than if you held it waiting for an end user
(where it might never have received an inquiry or wouldn't in the next 10+ yrs)

•••
LOL

This is the Domainers' Conundrum:

- expired domains will invariably fetch higher prices (at auction) than if you held it waiting for an end user
(where it might never have received an inquiry or wouldn't in the next 10+ yrs)
I totally agree, and we have seen this first hand.

You can have an expired domain go thru the expire process and fetch $3000 in auction, place it in a 7 day public auction, and you won't even get $2,000.

Just the way it works.

•••
End users actually have more choice than ever, with GTLD's, some choose to go that route, others choose to pay up.

Anytime you bid on a decent domain, chances are it's going to be a race, and your going to have to bid to win it. Not to long ago, you would get away without a fight on every domain, but these days every domain is a tug of war to get it closed.

JMO...those end users who choose a ngtld wouldn't ever buy from you. They choose it because it's low cost. If it wasn't there, they would probably hand reg a hyphenated .com, but not pay up for your decent .com.

•••
A perfect example of why the domainers should carefully think (twice, or even more) before bidding on GD expireds as we see them now -

I owned a particular domain for a few years, and sold it to an enduser in year 2015. Enduser failed to renew the domain and it is now on expired GD auction (not yet finished). I know everything about the domain in question - all real stats, traffic, time to sell, "quality" and number/frequency of inquiries, and, of course, the final enduser price for which I finally sold it.

While the final sale price might possibly be higher, the difference would not be significant (or I would have still owned it unsold in case of any noticeably higher asking price).

Current expired auction price is ALREADY higher (vs. the year 2015 enduser sale price which I know), and the auction is not yet finished. I just checked - within about 2 years of ownership the enduser did not add any extra value to the domain - such as expired traffic etc, as they never started to really use it. Also, there is no evidence that the domain term or phrase itself became (or would become) more valuable due to any trends or sceince development or similar. Would not post an exact name here, let the highest bidder use their mistakes as a part of the learning process...

•••
if swgnation got that much - maybe they want to buy my S w a g M a i l .com , lol
Only if you let it expire, I guess :xf.frown::xf.laugh:

•••
Here we are again with some more sales from yesterday in the $1k plus range:

colored.com 5,801 USD 2017-01-05 NameJet
oceanvacation.com 4,488 USD 2017-01-05 BuyDomains
magicsauce.com 3,550 USD 2017-01-05 GoDaddy
localsavings.com 3,383 USD 2017-01-05 GoDaddy
nutritionsolutions.com 3,158 USD 2017-01-05 GoDaddy
tuhao.tv 3,150 USD 2017-01-05 DropCatch
triplecbrewing.com 2,800 USD 2017-01-05 GoDaddy
cargocontrol.com 2,600 USD 2017-01-05 GoDaddy
thetransformation.com 2,524 USD 2017-01-05 GoDaddy
competitiveintelligence.com 2,512 USD 2017-01-05 NameJet
advise.net 2,500 USD 2017-01-05 Flippa
itsadog.com 2,444 USD 2017-01-05 BuyDomains
capitalmerchant.com 2,250 USD 2017-01-05 BuyDomains
ktunnel.com 2,128 USD 2017-01-05 GoDaddy
olworld.com 1,875 USD 2017-01-05 GoDaddy
cehennem.com 1,750 USD 2017-01-05 NameJet
serverbid.com 1,675 USD 2017-01-05 BuyDomains
mycosts.com 1,650 USD 2017-01-05 BuyDomains
telefonieren.com 1,579 USD 2017-01-05 Sedo
ktunnel.net 1,525 USD 2017-01-05 GoDaddy
datastars.com 1,501 USD 2017-01-05 GoDaddy
billoffare.com 1,500 USD 2017-01-05 BuyDomains
sweatworking.com 1,500 USD 2017-01-05 BuyDomains
tigerstudy.com 1,500 USD 2017-01-05 BuyDomains
strained.com 1,488 USD 2017-01-05 NameJet
businessvaluationgroup.com 1,341 USD 2017-01-05 BuyDomains
coolactive.com 1,288 USD 2017-01-05 BuyDomains
papillonphotography.com 1,228 USD 2017-01-05 BuyDomains
effectify.com 1,126 USD 2017-01-05 GoDaddy
advisorsgroup.com 1,121 USD 2017-01-05 NameJet
autoair.com 1,115 USD 2017-01-05 NameJet
allegro-music.com 1,100 USD 2017-01-05 NameJet
chagong.com 1,020 USD 2017-01-05 DropCatch
data4u.com 1,005 USD 2017-01-05 GoDaddy

Two things are becoming increasingly apparent:

1. If you don't look to see which domains sold at buydomains often to end users I bet you will guess wrong most of the time and likewise with domains that often were bought by domainers, meaning that domains are going broadly the same to end users as they are going to domainers (sometimes domainers are paying well in advance of end user prices as well).

2. As mentioned before many average to poor names going for crazy prices. Even names I kind of like are just stupidly high e.g. colored.com going for almost $6k, magicsauce.com for $3.5k, nutritionsolutions.com, over $3k, ktunnel.com over $2k etc. etc. are way too high for domainers to buy, carry and pay renewals on to make ROI. Even if you disagree and see value in some of my picks look at the list above and i'm sure 90% of the names are too high whoever looks at them. Sorry I don't see how you are going to make money at these price points or even get close.

Conversely, I really like oceanvacation.com which went for less than $5k at buy domains and probably went to an end user. Wonder what that name would have done at godaddy expiring auctions, probably similar.

Thank goodness this isn't a priority for me at the moment or else I would be really worried competing with this. Frankly I couldn't and wouldn't.

Last edited:
•••
They own 3290 domains with the word Garden in them, I think they will be ok.
Shocked.jpg

•••
HD bought some names I used to own. Hey HD, have fun sitting on them for years :xf.laugh:

•••
A few thoughts:

- I haven’t had much time to participate in auctions recently, but the few names I bid on that sold to HugeDomains at GD have been listed at far higher prices than they usually list them at. For example, veggielicious.com sold for $498 and is now listed with a $8895 asking price. That breaks with their past model of listing them in the same price rage as their $X dropcatch.com buys. Not sure if this is something they consistently do know.

- In auctions where I bid against HD, their bidding strategy was different than before. I was about to get several names for $XX, and HD entered with a single proxy bid in the last minute (previously they used to repeatedly outbid you seconds after you placed the higest bid). I bid them up to right under $500 each time (since they normally bid up to $5XX on every name), as I was pretty sure it was HD on the other end, which turned out to be correct, and I never surpassed their proxy bid.

- About their current inventory: whoisology shows 2,384,129 names connected to [email protected] while domaintools indicate 2,628,225 domains.

- NameBright.com now own 1200+ ICANN-Accredited Registrars which they use for dropcatching, costing them $4,800,000 in yearly accreditation fees.

- There seems to be a bit more bidders in auctions elsewhere these days. More people backordering pre-release names at NJ and more people backordering names on the drop. Perhaps it's related to the fact that a few players are scooping up a lot of the stuff at GD? Prices and competition elsewhere seems to be in line with GD though, and it's not like names elsewhere is selling for significantly lower prices (rather the increasingly number of bidders seem to be pushing prices up further at non GD venues).

•••
Godaddy is filled with many newbies trying to outbid veterans in trying to build a portfolio. The veterans, are putting a few extra bids on their heads. I can tell as I have been studying godaddy auctions pretty closely, and there is someone, or some people who have a lot of time on their hands to sit there, and baby each bid down to the timer, and then reset it, or try to cause bidder fatigue.

Shipsy.com which has one decent end user sold for $1,726

PeakPay.com is another one I saw close at $1,008.

Another example of a last minute bid where kispy.com was looking to fall to closeout, in the last minute someone threw in a bid, and the domain quickly bidded up to $117.

Capital outlay along with holding costs, this is becoming a very expensive marketplace, which has no guarantees whatsoever.

I haven't watched HD, but I have seen them go close to $2K to purchase domains in the past.

I would say let the newbies have their fun, spend their cash, credit card balances can only carry them so far, before they figure out it's not an easy buy/flip business as they think.

•••
@wwwweb

Am I understanding correctly that HD is not doing its own work to choose the name to bid, but rather "snipes" at other peoples' selections, increasing its acquisition cost, but saving on filtering and looking through thousands of names?

If that is true, it would mean that they are crowd sourcing the names, against the crowds interests, of course.
They are running some kind of script, and they are buying in volume, I think they are figuring out what works for them best also, but they have a lot of money to play with. That is why you are seeing people like domain shane giving advice on his blog today about getting caught up in these kind of auctions, because they are just to expensive for the day to day domainer. You will just eat up all your resources fighting these deep pockets for names. Since you paid so much, it will be hard to let go of them, and the higher your asking price, the lower your sell thru. All your profits will be expensed into renewals, and you are simply working for the house.

When you see names like stooorage.com sell for $4100 and change in auctions, it's time to take a step back. BeautyFlashBlog.com $1500 and change etc.

The market has a way of correcting itself. This industry is a bit weird as many people support the same competition that bids against them.

Anytime you see someone late bid a 5-6 letter brandable, it is gone to $200-$500 in minutes. These names take a long time to sell, maybe newbies bidding don't understand that, but they will come to one way or another.

Last edited:
•••
Most newbies have no clue what makes a good name.

I see really terrible names being bid up and won - names an experienced domainer would never touch.

I think GD makes a fortune off newbie domainers who don't know any better.

•••
@Arca I have had a look at the Verisign patent.
What they are proposing is a probabilistic model to mitigate coordinated dropcatching attempts. That means some registrars might be unduly penalized from time to time. This amount to discrimination and raises issues of competition since under current rules all registrars must be treated equally. So I think this could be problematic and I doubt they would be allowed to go ahead with these plans. But is OK is to throttle access as long as all parties are subject to the same rule.

You are right though, what we have now is a form of centralization by DC.
But they paid dearly to achieve that position of dominance and I am not sure their business model is sustainable but I haven't seen the books. I have to say I am surprised it can still be viable on such a large scale.

In the past decade, there was a lot of money to be made in dropcatching, until the registrars figured out that they were throwing money away by allowing great names to expire and drop, so they decided to retain the 'abandoned' inventory and invented the prerelease model to sell off the domains registered by their customers (for some registrars that must be the main source of revenue: new registrations bring low margins...).
So the number of quality domains dropping started to decrease. Nowadays few premium domains drop, but maintaining an army of registrars is expensive, just to catch a dwindling supply of crumbs.

In the end, Verisign could raise up the ante and make dropcatching even more expensive. Then different things can happen:
  • DC will have to jack up prices in view of the heavy additional investment required => end users pay more, nobody benefits
  • DC is driven to bankruptcy and out of the game like Pool before, and Pheenix more recently
  • Ultimately we could be going back to square one with a larger number of smaller players like a few years ago
At this point pure dropcatching is getting less lucrative over time.

•••
i haven't picked up a name in 2 weeks

i'm not paying $xxx's for names that are subpar and may or may not sell ever, let some other idiot spend their money, lol

I'll will just wait it out, it seems to come and go in waves

•••
Some of my losing domains (from 19 DEC to 23 DEC)
What do you think ?
Domain - Landingpage - Winning Price
creationhomes.com - TLDpros - $293
limoinc.com - TLDpros - $171
officepantry.com - TLDpros - 205
topvacancy.com - TLDpros - 96
pinkpiranha.com - HD - 248 - Forsale 1995
peonybridal.com - HD - 75 - Forsale 2195
annexdigital.com - UniRegistry - 95
loftconsulting.com - UniRegistry - 75
saferparking.com - HD - 60 -Forsale 1995
lagunamassage.com - HD - 85 - Forsale 1895
apartmentwien.com - HD - 95 - Forsale 2895
seriarte.com - GD - 208
hostreal.com - TLdpros - 141
negotiationpro.com - TLDpros - 163
creationlife.com - HD - 185 - Forsale 1895
hotelequator.com - HD - 85 - Forsale 2695
jordanexpress.com - HD - 93 - Forsale 2195
smsproviders.com - HD - 136 - Forsale 2095
instantmentor.com - TLDpros - 92
icoroom.com - TLDpros - 151
frealestate.com - HD - 85 - Forsale 2195
edisonauto.com - Afternic - 105
castlenetwork.com - HD - 180 - Forsale 2295
allinwhite.com - Uniregistry - 147
hawkcars.com - HD - 94 - Forsale 1795
academicexpert.com - Uniregistry - 204

•••
4 million names at $8 = $32MM/year on renewals.

They need to sell around 12800 names at $2500 average to cover that, which is only around 0.3% of the inventory.

If they have STR of 0.5%, then they are making around $20MM to cover their other costs, expected profit and leave few million bucks extra to waste on GD auctions.
They are becoming a beast pretty soon either you overpay by 2-3X at dropcatch, or get outbid by them at godaddy, or lose a hand reg to them in the drops there will be nothing left. It is the extinction of the one you call a domainer. Only way is to band together to defeat the Goliath, make them
pay, boycott their services, otherwise they going to prettty well out tech you, and out weigh you out of the market.

As renewals get smarter, there will be less inventory. It will be a bot war in the auction houses soon enough if it already isn’t.

Domainers are paying more then end users are offering on some purchases.

•••
•••
It may suck, but I would probably do the same thing if my wallet was as "HUGE" as theirs.

Who knows, they may have had a killer year in sales this year. So, with the end of year taxes coming up maybe their budget for spending isn't exhausted just yet. They may need to offset their sales income to spending a little more for less taxes due. I guess this theory will be figured out after the beginning of 2017 if they are still doing the same thing. We shall see.

But if this does happen more and more just think of it as glass half full.
Like Stub said...

Also. The prices of my domains just went up again because of HD's pricing :)

•••
As a newbie I start to feel sick of them, but it's a free market...
They have huge capital, they could do whatever they wanna do...
Capitalism is really a toxic...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back