Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

vicho

VIP Member
.TOP Staff
Impact
As one of the most registered new gTLDs, .top domain has been popular among domainers worldwide. Recently, huge brands are also attaching great attention to .top :
OTTO company: OTTO.top
Amazon: kindle.top
Chanel: LPL.top
Godaddy: Godaddy.top
Hispeed: Thailand.top

Google got three: Google.top, Chrome.top, Gmail.top

;) Promising future ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
:lookaround: Nope...seriously, to be a little bit more imaginative...top website, top organization, top products, top service, top ideas...;)

The problem with this is that those key phrases start with top and not end with top, although there are a few exceptions in each new GTLD, but still I see these new GTLDs will work best with 2 keyword hacks (format : keyword.extension eg. credit.card, web.hosting, ...). But as you said only time will tell and I wish everyone succeeds in this as we should all stick together ;) . As for TOP companies registering TOP domains they are just protecting their brand as someone snatching google.top could use it for fraudulent purposes from users who aren't that net savvy.

•••
I guess most registrations of .TOP are from China.

•••
One thing that throws me off about TOP is this:
59,429 (73.82%) of the registered domains are parked!
Nearly 3/4ths of all the domains are not being utilized and many of the remaining that are made into some sort of site... well... many here have been kind enough to list some of the sites that they have produced.

But still the numbers dont lie. The other thing that throws me off is this.
The top 3 registrars for this extension are:
Jiangsu Bangning Science and technology Co. Ltd.
Alibaba Cloud Computing Ltd. d/b/a HiChina
Chengdu West Dimension Digital Technology Co., Ltd

Each are Chinese registrars.
Each have 15,000+ TOP domains registered to them.

The next nearest registrar is 101domain but only has about 9,700+ TOP domains registered.
The numbers are just not there for me and considering that TOP had a singular day with over 16,000 registrations in December... (did they have a sale or give away?).
Something just trikes me as off here.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

•••
After chinese gold farmers in MMOs, we have chinese gTLD farmers in domaining. :(

•••

Because they are more familiar with .top (geographical reason) and can figure out really good keywords with .top extension...and, this is why you guys are being told that .top is not so bad as you consider;).

•••
Yes they had promotion with 101 and some others too it was for sale for .99$ or 1.99$ if I remember it correctly.

•••
•••
I don't consider it bad, It is good for specific uses, but since there are more preferences available people choose those which sync well with the brands.

•••
I don't consider it bad, It is good for specific uses, but since there are more preferences available people choose those which sync well with the brands.

If I were a seller of fake sneakers, for example, I would definitely choose .top over others.

•••
If I were a seller of fake sneakers, for example, I would definitely choose .top over others.

Such speculations (although rare) couldn't be inhibited by .top registry or .top registrars, or anyone related to .top...but at least, .top could be made into best use by honest/good people , just like it was being made into wrong use as you mentioned above, by dishonest people, for fraudulent purposes...

I believe you guys are nice people ,right ? LOL:xf.rolleyes::xf.rolleyes:

•••
One thing that throws me off about TOP is this:
59,429 (73.82%) of the registered domains are parked!
Nearly 3/4ths of all the domains are not being utilized and many of the remaining that are made into some sort of site... well... many here have been kind enough to list some of the sites that they have produced.

But still the numbers dont lie. The other thing that throws me off is this.
The top 3 registrars for this extension are:
Jiangsu Bangning Science and technology Co. Ltd.
Alibaba Cloud Computing Ltd. d/b/a HiChina
Chengdu West Dimension Digital Technology Co., Ltd

Each are Chinese registrars.
Each have 15,000+ TOP domains registered to them.

The next nearest registrar is 101domain but only has about 9,700+ TOP domains registered.
The numbers are just not there for me and considering that TOP had a singular day with over 16,000 registrations in December... (did they have a sale or give away?).
Something just trikes me as off here.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

yeah 101domain sold the .top domains away for .99. I believe they are still .99 cents.

.99 for a quality extension is a good deal, but not for this one I believe.

•••
As one of the most registered new gTLDs, .top domain has been popular among domainers worldwide. Recently, huge brands are also attaching great attention to .top :
OTTO company: OTTO.top
Amazon: kindle.top
Chanel: LPL.top
Godaddy: Godaddy.top
Hispeed: Thailand.top

Google got three: Google.top, Chrome.top, Gmail.top

;) Promising future ;)
I see vicho.top is still available!!

•••
•••
People have great and more better options than .top domains. Its good that it is growing!
Good luck!

•••
•••
Looks like all of those Google ones are unregistered, on the collision list.

It has been ordered...You can check it on Whois later on.

•••
I have way too many friends in the gay community to be comfortable with having a .top domain. I would get endless eyerolls.

But there's a big marketing opportunity for .top and .bottom, i guess.

•••
Think that must be because the registry of .top is in China, and they have marketed there for a while. I don't think too many Chinese even know the meaning of "top", it is English after all. But in the long run, it can because quite popular in the world cus I really can't think of what's bad about it. lap.top, desk.top, tip.top :)

•••
I have way too many friends in the gay community to be comfortable with having a .top domain. I would get endless eyerolls.

But there's a big marketing opportunity for .top and .bottom, i guess.

gay.top would be valuable.. maybe one of the few valuable ones..

though .gay is also coming out soon (real).

•••
Sorry, but I like to be on the .bottom and my lady on the .top.. :)

•••
Wow...I just saw .top is only $1.99 on 101domain...:xf.rolleyes:

•••
•••
Could anyone share one of these .top emails? I haven't received one. Maybe they partnered with a registrar to send them, which is opt-in and ethical.

I personally like .top from a marketing standpoint. It's one of the better new gTLDs in my opinion.

•••
•••
In a drunken stuper I registered takeoffyour.top... can't really think of any other use for top... well maybe reachforthe.top, but I think that one would have TM issues.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back