Dynadot

About Trump's domains: Trump is a domain name investor

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TOP Registry

Established Member
.TOP Staff
Impact
You know that Trump is a well-known property magnate and the new President of the United States, but do you know that he is also a domain name investor?

Mr Trump takes domain names very seriously, which is an important weapon in his election victory.
Tump ‘s company owns at least 3,643 domain names.
These domain names are divided into three categories,
One is for the campaign , such as: MakeAmericaGreatAgain.us
One is the negative domain name associated with Trump, such as NoMoreTrump.com;
The rest is the domains of the product name, such as TrumpOrganization.com (Trumpe).

Not only the president of the United States, domain name is also important for Internet companies to to protect their brands.
When the new generic top-level domain .top was available to register at the beginning, Google, Apple, Baidu, Amazon and other well-known enterprises registered google.top, apple.top, baidu.top and kindle.top at the first time to prevent their brand domain names being registered by others.

As a company brand, a domain name not only had better to be short, easy to remember, but attractive and exceptional.
The upbeat meaning of .top tells people and reminds you to be confident, positive, always to go for the best and reach the top.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
September 7th, 2017, bao.top was registered .
It took bao.top only a month from been registered to be used as a website ,the speed is really very fast.

bao.top is not only a three-letter domain name, but also can be translated to "treasure, bag, leopard" , applicable to a wide range of industries.

Today, domain names in the enterprise development is more and more important.
A good domain name brings a lot to the enterprise .
At present, many users choose .top domains,cos .top is generic short and easy to remember.
Such as yc.top, lmy.top, hdw.top, etc.

November 18th, 2017 is 3rd anniversary of .top domains , we will launch a large number of promotions to thank all users for support us for such a loog time!

Coming soon...

•••
•••
he is also a domain name investor

Of course he is. He will naturally buy domains related to his businesses. How many .top domain does he own? My guess is a probably none.

When the new generic top-level domain .top was available to register at the beginning, Google, Apple, Baidu, Amazon and other well-known enterprises registered google.top
Various random domains have been backed by these companies, and nothing ever comes of them.

We bought a previously unregistered newTLD domain and had a website on it ranking top-10 within 24 hours

With all due respect, I'd hardly call that a success. Anyone could write an article and rank in the top 5 within 12/24 hours.

Especially with an obscure keyword like that,

•••
I am sure, Mr. Trump(s organization/s) will purchase .top domains (if he / they doesn't own some already), especially one specific.

Last edited:
•••
With all due respect, I'd hardly call that a success. Anyone could write an article and rank in the top 5 within 12/24 hours.

Especially with an obscure keyword like that,

Not sure it's quite that easy to get top-5 in 24 hrs, even on a relatively obscure term, but I agree it's not a term there's going to be a lot of competition over. But, hey, its something :)

Also, there was no article, the site self-ranked top-10 - the article describing what happened came later - the site was the same then as it is now http://hacienda.pony.club/ - we did nothing particular to try and force it to rank. And, although it is an obscure term, there is /some/ (ok not, much but some) relevant content against that term.

At the end of the day, I thought it was an interesting enough phenomenon to describe - clearly there was something about the fact the domain & search term were an exact match that gave it better ranking than it might appear to deserve (i.e. zero relevant content)

•••
Do you have a list to share of the domains he owns ??

I must have had TRUMP on my mind the day I got these:

DonaldRants.com
DonaldsRants.com
DonnyDollhands.com
LittleDollhands.com
LittleDonaldTweets.com
AlternativeNewsNow.com
FindTheFAKE.com

•••
•••
Do you have a list to share of the domains he owns ??

I must have had TRUMP on my mind the day I got these:

DonaldRants.com
DonaldsRants.com
DonnyDollhands.com
LittleDollhands.com
LittleDonaldTweets.com
AlternativeNewsNow.com
FindTheFAKE.com

Nice names, Bell.

I can just imagine him typing with his little sausage fingers. Wearing his "Make America Great" hat. Naked.

•••
When the new generic top-level domain .top was available to register at the beginning, Google, Apple, Baidu, Amazon and other well-known enterprises registered google.top, apple.top, baidu.top and kindle.top at the first time to prevent their brand domain names being registered by others.

Why didn't The Donald register Trump.Top or DonaldTrump.Top or DonaldJTrump.Top...?

•••
Why didn't The Donald register Trump.Top or DonaldTrump.Top or DonaldJTrump.Top...?

May be he's planning on dot-TRUMP?

Makes a lot of sense to have a domain space he has total control over.

•••
•••
•••
What does Trump's domain collection have to do with .top?

•••
•••
What does Trump's domain collection have to do with .top?
In the case that Mr. Trump indeed doesn't own any .top domain/s (I don't know), his (or his organization/s) "domain collection" has indeed nothing to do with .top * (b. t. w., no one said that his "domain collection" has to do with .top) - but - and I think that's what the OP was trying to tell us - he gives a good example for someone whose goal was / is always to "reach the top"; at least this is my impression about him, based on what the media is conveying us, also by himself and his organization/s, buildings, projects etc.

It's simply the term (reach/ing the) "top" which reminds to the TLD .top & to him (and many others of course).
In this sense, the TLD .top would be (or already is) the perfect TLD for him.

* unless he own's .top domains (I don't know) - in this case his "domain collection" has indeed to do with .top

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back