Dynadot

question-answered How you organise and list your domains when you've thousands of them?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VJB

Established Member
Impact
Any suggestion/advice/help will be highly appreciated. Also, I think this will be helpful for a lot of people who're finding their foot in domaining.
Kind regards!list

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So far I have a couple of hundred of domains that I've made a list in google doc. The list looks something like this:
FireShot Capture 042 - DOMAINS DETAILS - Google Sheets - docs.google.com.png

But then I have not yet figured out how can I directly sync domain from this list to Afternic, Sedo and an

•••
I can't imagine keeping track of thousands of domains, I'm a simple man. Maybe others can offer something valuable

•••
•••
•••
Really? You have 25k names at this moment? :|
It´s your main work or hobby?

Neither. It's a business but secondary.

•••
I working with Excel but only have about 200 domains.

Neither. It's a business but secondary.

Just thinking about having to renew 25K domains makes me cold sweat... 😬

•••
•••
same here excel sheet and own python program for organising.

•••
I once had more than 15,000 .com domain names , and now have only 4,800+ domains, I use a program developed by myself to manage these domains.

When you have thousands of domains, a professional domain name management program is required.

Last edited:
•••
I once had more than 15,000 .com domain names , and now have only 4,800+ domains, I use a program developed by myself to manage these domains.

When you have thousands of domains, a professional domain name management program is required.
it's much easier to manage domains in bulk with scripts or excel than with a software.

•••
it's much easier to manage domains in bulk with scripts or excel than with a software.
Yes, I use PHP Script to manage my domains online.

•••
I wonder if anyone can be kind enough to share their software...

•••
•••
I build a windows program to manage my domains years ago. Now i build a website to manage these domains.

•••
The question is, how much does it cost you a year to maintain these domain names?

•••
I wonder if anyone can be kind enough to share their software...
DNHat is an option you might want to consider. Advanced portfolio manager with private marketplace setup. Subscription-based or Download/install on your server, i.e. hosted or self-hosted. See more features with description here: https://dnhat.com/features.php

Last edited:
•••
Most people seem to use excel and more. I don't and I'm the most naive (in tech sense).
Looks like we have to use csv file etc and update and upload it (to marketplaces)
everyday automatically, not to lose much time, if we have many domains and they are priced.
Otherwise we would have to sell domains we dropped already.
Marketplaces should fix this problem: prices should have an expiration date,
otheriwise naive people can't add prices to many domains.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sorry it's build on my own purpose and own needs so can't really help in this I also use some api here for other reasons.

•••
If you want to be easy, use Efty. A view set up, and after you input the domains, automatically detect the registrar and the renewal date. Efty will inform which are domains have to be renewed. You can also input the buying price of each domains, the renewal fee, so you know how much you have to sell.

It also automatically shows the summary of your selling performance

Efty is owned by Michael Cyger (former owner of Domain Sherpa Show) and Doron Vermaat (former Owner of DNGeek). So it is specially designed for domainers.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Back