IT.COM

discuss How to reply to this outbound response

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hashim

Established Member
Impact
For the last few months I've been doing outbound for my first few domains (a bundle). In the email I tried to make it clear what was being sold and the potential uses of the domains.

Specifically I said: "...these domains represent huge amounts of potential, including having them redirect to your website or spinning them off into an entirely independent, equally lucrative sports media property".

After a few follow-ups I recently got this response back from one of the medium-sized companies:

MMyJIUo.jpg

Yes, that's the whole email.

So what's going on here - am I misunderstanding the meaning of some corporate speak or is the lead just misunderstanding what I'm selling? Are they asking me to reframe the sell in terms of how the domain could be used as part of a marketing campaign?

For the record, the lead's role at the company is a "Relationship director", though I have no idea what exactly that means.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A relationship director be in overall charge of a team that deals with client relationships, finding new contacts and building relationships with them for potential new business, looking at new sales, cross sales, business development etc etc

It is basically a glorified sales job with a new job title - think sales director and you won't find a lot of difference in the roles.....

I also have no clue what that email means, looks like crossed wires somewhere.....

•••
be engage with them explain clearly and you know maybe it can be your future business in the future may i ask? how many outbound email do you send? thank you

•••
Are they asking me to reframe the sell in terms of how the domain could be used as part of a marketing campaign?
Yes. Basically, their thought process is this: in which way other then marketing would those domains benefit them?

The simple question asked in the email clearly states that they want your input on how and what ways would those domains prove to be useful for them.

If you want to sell those domains to them, then you have to think like an entrepreneur and come up with use case scenarios for the domain names in question.

•••
Are they asking me to reframe the sell in terms of how the domain c sould be used as part of a marketing campaign?

Hi

yes, this is exactly what they are asking

because you sent them some domains that they don't need and obviously can't vision any purpose for....
then
now it is up to you, to sell them a concept, a perception, of how those names can be used to promote and or enhance their current or future marketing efforts.

this is the problem, with spamming domains that DON'T speak for themselves.
it puts you in position of spokesperson for the name and you don't have the words to eloquently express it's value.

maybe for a few hun-erd i could write you something..... if the names fit the shoe that the company wears.

imo.....

Last edited:
•••
Back