IT.COM

advice Outbound emails

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi i have had some luck doing outbound seling a domain i bought from an auction for 100 usd and sold for 1750 but i contacted 300 companies. Got 2 offers.

Whats the best method, to buy closeout domains for $25 in total and say 20
Names a week = 500 usd and try to do outbound? If i sell 1 in 7 and contact 30 companies for each domain for 500usd thats a 1000 profit per week. Anyone do outbound fulltime with low cost domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hand reg domains will always have a low % like 5-10% better domains with more potential end users then you are talking over 50% sold and not for 350 but 1000-1500

•••
Hand reg domains will always have a low % like 5-10% better domains with more potential end users then you are talking over 50% sold and not for 350 but 1000-1500

tbh i don't need 50% sail rate with outbound if i can get 1500 at 5% ^_^. i don't mind working 100 outbounds in 1 month :D

•••
In the past everything was hand registered and would think probability gets better the better you get at it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
I came in to read the thread as also very busy and planned on doing some for my odd topics but would be trying to get an offer as my thoughts on outbound would be to clear names I wouldn't wait It out on. I assume outbound names are cheaper in general and often not a first choice.

Last edited:
•••
Outbounding can be hard when starting out. But with time, you get better at it.

Outbounding is sweet when sales start rolling in.

•••
yeah its alot of hassle its best to buy domains that max 200 dollars with over 200-300 potential end users i think you could sell 50%. I.e 1 in 2 domains for 1k to 1.5k this way. My aim now is to sell $2500 per week via outbound no hand reg

Ps, how do you determine the number of potential end users associated to your domain keywords using Google search? Is it the search figures that shows up? Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
I guess another thing to consider when either buying or hand registering a domain name is can you think of the end user automatically, or will it take hours to produce a list of potential candidates? In my situation, I live in Ireland, which is totally obsessed with its cctld and it is quite difficult to convert everyone to .com and almost impossible to get anyone interested in new tlds.

When I started off, I made the usual mistakes, but as time went by I became more focused on the names that I was registering ( all my domains are hand registered). If I couldn't think of an end user at the time, I didn't register the name. This helped me to identify the more sale-able domains, and although I haven't sold any domains yet (through choice) it will hopefully make things easier when I start my next phase of domain investing in 2020. I'll have 20-20 vision lol.

In anything I do, I equate the time that I spend doing it to a cost per hour basis and then work out how many hours something will take to do. If the economics don't add up I move on to the next big thing and hope that it pays for itself. The cost must be smaller than the sale price which must be greater than the cost of the effort. Time equals money after all.

•••
Also, don't forget how many active members there are on namePros and that each and everyone of them has a portfolio of domains that they are probably trying to sell and generally, they will be selling at wholesale prices. I think it pays to be active on the forum and to build a network of contacts that might be able to help on your journey.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back