Dynadot

discuss How to register new gTLD names in 2019 (and actually sell them).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
How to register new gTLD names in 2019
(and actually sell them).

This is written particularly for new domain investors - I hope it will save you some money :)
It is only my personal opinion, and I might be wrong (of course). So here we go:

1. Register 1 word domain name, in most cases try to avoid 2 word domain names

Example of 1 word domain name: holy.life. Example of 2 word domain name: myholy.life or ourholy.life.
Why? Because chances of selling 2 word domain name in new gTLD space is very small (consult namebio.com). Do not think you can outsmart someone with your word1word2.gTLD combo...in most cases you will not outsmart anyone, and usually you will be dropping such names after 1 year. There are exceptions from this rule of course, but safest bet is to simply avoid it, particularly when you just start with domain investing.

2. Register names with not many alternatives in new gTLD space

This simply means, that end users can not find alternatives for your name in other new gTLD extension, for reg fee.(use uniregistry.com to check that). Particularly when you ignore point no.1 and register 2 word domain name, you will usually find that your string exists in dozens of other new gTLD extensions...and is available to be registered by anyone for reg fee. This subsequently means you will have no leverage when it comes to negotiations with end users.To learn exactly what "alternatives in new gTLD space" means, read this new gTLD appraisal thread here.

3. Register names with large pools of potential end users.

You can have perfect new gTLD name, but if there are only few suitable end users who can use your name, it will usually take long time to sell it. If you register name where millions of potential end users exist (so something pretty broad and generic), you will be getting much more offers, and you will be able to close much more sales.

4. To be first is not always better...sometimes it is better to be second.

When registering new gTLD names, consider this: when extension is brand new, there is almost zero awareness about it among end users (unless there is a huge marketing campaign for it you know about).
It can take years for awareness to be created. This also means that for many extensions there is almost 0 aftermarket in early times. Usually only fellow domain investors. This is natural - if something is very new, almost no one knows about it. So if you want to be first to get best names, fine, but budget for your investments accordingly - it is not wise to expect that you will buy something totally new for USD 10, and you will be able to flip it to end user for USD 10k. It happens, but rarely. There are many experienced new gTLD domain investors, who simply wait for drops after 1st year and pick up some very nice names. But this wisdom comes with years of investing experience and is not something what can be intuitively understood, at least from what I see.

5. Make sure renewals of your domain names are sustainable.

Second most important thing in new gTLD domain investment (after quality of the name) - make sure you understand renewal fees for your domain names. In order for you to be in a long term game, renewal fees of your domain names must be sustainable (aka low). Otherwise you will be dropping almost all of your names after 1 year, and all your effort will be wasted.

6. Make proper landers for your names

Do not just let your domain names without proper landing pages. Do not be lazy and immediately prepare landers for them. Imo best option is undeveloped.com atm, but many good alternatives are available as well.
Some old school domainers are used to the fact that they were contacted by people who found their contact details in WHOIS database - this is not possible anymore, as due to GDPR legislation most records from WHOIS database are now masked. This also means that when you have new gTLD domain name, your details will be masked in most cases (again, there are few exceptions from this rule, but do not rely on them),. Buyers thus have no way how to contact you. Clear landing pages are a must in 2019.

7. Do not follow the herd.

Just because all people at Namepros are registering .panda (just an example), it does not mean you also need to register .panda...Most people are not profitable and are actually loosing lot of money - so if you will do the same thing as most people, you will have the same results as most people....

When you follow the herd, it is not only that competition is huge, but you will end up registering nonsense word1 word2 names, in times where there is no aftermarket created yet, when you do not know if there are some renewal promotions in future, when major domain selling sites not yet support that extension, and when there is no awareness yet among end users. Likely result of your action: you will drop your names prior first renewal round. This is happening since 2014 in many forms and shapes, still it seems like most people like to repeat those mistakes happily again and again.

You need to find your niche/extensions/areas of expertise and go from there. The most lucrative way is still to buy new gTLD names from fellow domain investors, but almost no one is doing it, except few people. Typical newbie new gTLD domain "investor" will rather spend USD 10 on 200 bad names and will not sell even 1 of them, prior dropping them all, then to pay USD 2000 for 1 great name which can sell for great profit. Which leads to:

8. Get 2-3 good names instead of 200-300 bad names (which you will drop anyway).

Buy only quality new gTLD names, as only highest quality sells in 2019. And you know that you have great new gTLD domain name, if you have a good feeling renewing it 9 years in advance.This should be always your test: am I confident enought for this name, so I have no problem to pay years in advance for it's renewal fees? Now to critics which would tell you that you are blocking unnecessarily your capital by paying renewals in advance, I would like to remind:
a) renew your name years in advance if there is a great renewal promotion (you can save sometimes 90% of total cost, as some renewal promotions for new gTLDs are simply amazing)
b) when you renew your new gTLD name 9 years in advance, it tells your potential buyers something about your commitment....in my experience, it is much easier to negotiate if your name is renewed like that.

Buyers are not stupid: they will check everything possible about you and your names, and in most cases they are simply waiting if the name does not expire/if you do not drop it . But when we are in 2019 and your name is renewed until 2027, this waiting game is simply over for them, and they need to approach you if they want the name. But to play this game, you really need to have good new gTLD names.

9. Get to social media and make lot of connections.
Do not be a secret seller. Have your portfolio clearly visible to anyone, and go to Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Youtube and Facebook at least. People with most success have great online presence, and professionally looking marketplaces.

10. Price your domain names as a pro, do not be a chicken
Look, if you price your domains with $120 price tag (for example), this will result in following: you will sell your best domains quickly for low price (and when you report it, fellow domain investors will say Congrats congrats, congrats, and you will feel great as super-seller), but at the same time you will be left with portfolio of bad domain names, which no one wants even for this low price tag. This is sure way to poor financial status and poverty. You do not want that. New gTLD names are very unique, as they are are pure phrases without any suffix, and are therefore also geo neutral. They have great value, and this value grows in time.
If you have great new gTLD name, renew it for years in advance, and do not let it go for cheap - as one day you might retire on it...

11. Bonus point - do not listen to "voices of past" with "only .com is an good investment" mantra
This is already past us and so not 2019 - luckily we see this nonsense less and less ...

What is your opinion when it comes to new gTLDs registrations ? :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ngTLD sales are typically 1-2% of .com sales.

You guys and gals can have fun with them in your brave new world, but I'm going back ".com land".
@NYJimbo you are a clever guy, I guess you will do great in .com as well! So much respect for your decision.

But if someone will be selling you something like paradise / world for USD 20 (new gTLD "flippers" can be suprisingly generous sometimes), while the domain has standard renewal, just mark my words, and simply buy the name :)

•••
another NPs member who has frequently posts negative "contributions" here has about 3/4 of all his(?) posts in ngTLD threads. How is it sensible to even waste the time here if his domain focus is elsewhere and he is absolutely sure that he is right? What is the purpose?

Bob

Bob, I think he (?) is simply not sure at all that he is right. Maybe "I missed my train" feeling, a little bit? Who knows exactly...But if you are sure about something, you imo do not have this need to post so much negative contributions. As I wrote few posts above, for example I am not jumping to the legacy extension discussions, (or ccTLDs discussions) and I am not persuading people discussing there that they are all stupid, and they should start investing in new gTLDs. Just simply trying to discuss possibilities in new gTLDs with people who share same interest...and that alone makes some people go berserk.

Lot of negative emotions there towards new gTLDs and people who likes them, is still present in 2019 in some people... but I think I partially understand ...it must hurt...like it must be really not nice to them that some of them built very patiently their portfolios for lets say 10-20 years, it was everyday hard work, lot of energy spent...and once finally left with great portfolios, all those new gTLDs are now there in their way, (giving tons of possible alternatives to end users, like it or not) .. but this is life, this is reality, and we must be all grown-up about it.

I wish everyone, legacy extension domain investors, ccTLD domain investors, and also new gTLD domain investor, only positive emotions - it makes our life longer, and happier :)

•••
Bob...you make some excellent points, but unless you have a way to get any of these names in front of an "end user" it's moot.

Thanks for your response and detailed scenario. I agree 100% with the above. Whoever finds effective new ways to get a large pool of end users to consider names will be in a great position. I have a few thoughts on that and I know that you do as well.

Bob

•••
In many ways I think two word .com, brandables and new gTLD domain names have a similar issue to the new domain extensions. What the +&* ! do I mean by that?
  • In two word com the issue is with a whole dictionary of words it is surprisingly hard not to have someone fine similarly good two word domains if they try hard enough. Now lots of companies just don't want to work that hard seeking out or creating two words, so are happy to pay $2000 or something from a market with a huge portfolio, or using a site like Afternic, Sedo or Undeveloped, and simply buy one. But fundamentally two word .com have a uniqueness problem.
  • What about brandables? Making up great brandables not yet registered is hard (it hurts my brain when I try it). But really, with all the combinations possible, it is hard for there not to be multiple other ones that are almost equally good. I actually think AI could be developed that would do a good job of creating brandables. So again brandables have a uniqueness problem.
  • For new gTLDs it is a uniqueness problem, but a different one. Here the issue is often there is another extension that is equally good. Like tech or technology, .global or .world, loan or loans, the many property ones, etc. The huge choice in extensions give ngTLDs a uniqueness problem.
So I think most of the domain market is more similar than we sometimes think. Who doesn't have a uniqueness problem? True dictionary words with value in single word .com. But even for those there is some uniqueness issue, especially in parts off the world where other extensions, either the country code or alternative legacy or new extensions, are seriously considered.

The scenario suggested by @ThatNameGuy points out essentially that there is not uniqueness, and there are options, although in many cases the end user does not know about them.

So what do I conclude? Domaining is hard! :xf.sick:

Bob

•••
@oldtimer I totally agree with you .. it is always great when we own domain names we like, we are passionate about and we might even develop in future by ourselves. I have few such domain names as well, which I personally just love :)

Now, when it comes to resell value:
I learned to be very strict when it comes to registrations. I have to be. And one thing I learned very soon in the game is this: whenever I am about to register a new domain name, I always ask myself this question:

Is there an easy and cheap way end user can bypass me and my domain name? (Aka : can they register something very similar to my name for cheap price?)

Or this is just another way to ask : "are there plenty of available alternatives in new gTLD space for this string?"

Now I will be harsh, but it is just an discussion and opinion's exchange, so I hope it ok:

For example, your name SaveEarth / Club. Lovely name, very memorable, and makes tons of sense.
Byt imagine I am one of those end users who simply do not want to pay anything more then reg fee for a domain name. Here is what I can do:

1. I can go to uniregistry.com, and put string "SaveEarth" to the search field. In 2 seconds I will learn that I can register following names for following prices (information valid at the moment of writing):

a) SaveEarth.live for $1.88
b) SaveEarth.websie for $0.99
c) SaveEarth.online for $3.88
d) SaveEarth.agency for $4.88
e) SaveEarth.center for $4.88
e) SaveEarth.international for $4.88
e) SaveEarth.fund for $4.88
plus another 295 available new gTLD extensions for this string are available as well.

Now, we can of course start arguing if .club fits better then .fund or .center or .international for this string and possible use of the domain name, but obviously that would be very very very rare situation that someone would want exactly your extension THAT much that they would pass all the alternatives which they could get very cheap.

And this is the reason I wrote rules 1 and 2. Most people who starts with new gTLDs (I was one of them when I started) are not aware how strongly those rules will affect your profitability results (in minus, if you do not follow them).

2. And that is not all: even if above is not enough, when you have string like SaveEarth, you can not only find hundres of available alternatives in new gTLD space (meaning in other new gTLD extensions), but you can find also dozens of close alternatives to that string itself! Consider this:

SaveEarth vs ProtectEarth vs CleanEarth vs.....
and
SaveEarth vs SavePlanet vs SaveGaia vs...
and
SaveEarth vs CleanPlanet vs ProtectGaia vs ...

So ...you can also create variations and permutations in first and second position of the string itself.

I am not going to bore you with exact math, but if you consider that instead SaveEarth / Club you can also easily register something like ProtectPlanet / Center, the number of available alternatives (which are more or less close to your orginal domain name from semantic point of view) goes to hundreds of thousans of names....
Saying all above, it is worth mentioning imo that we have also .earth extension. Imo most valuable string you can get in new gTLD space in this context is of course save / earth (if you visit the page it is on landers of sedo at the moment of writing with a BIN price which (I find very reasonable), and the name seems to have also very reasonable premium renewal of around $80 / month. Disclaimer - I have no idea who owns it, and I am not connected anyhow to it)

So, conclusion: from resale point of view, I think name like save / earth is simply amazing (rule no.1), while from above reasons of tons of available alternatives I am not really fan of names which are in breach of rules 1 and 2.

As an couter example : I recently purchased from OP here at Namepros name Act.Best, which I absolutely love - and what I love most, is that there are basically no alternatives to it in new gTDL space (or any space we can imagine) :)

All of above just imo....

Excellent post, please don't delete it, I'm sure I will be linking to it in the future. It's basically a new gtlds are a bad investment post. Some good stuff in there.

•••
Depending on the question (is it numbers or dollar volume?) and if you take the top of your range that is correct. If we look at the last full year NameBio stats have ngTLDs at 2.1% of .com sales by number, and 6.7% of .com sales by dollar volume.

I might add that some use smaller numbers based on Afternic numbers reported in the NamesCon presentation. I think there is little doubt (and actually this was mentioned in the presentation) that there are strong regional differences, and ngTLDs almost certainly sell most weakly in the US and most strongly in Asia. It is also significant that Afternic do no handle on their network 3 of the top 15 most registered ngTLD extensions, including the first place one accounting for the largest number of sales and largest dollar volume in the NameBio data. This seriously biases Afternic data as a representation of the global ngTLD sales picture.

Anyway, I think your choice to leave the thread is wise. By no means do most or even many domain investors need to invest in ngTLDs. I 100% respect the rights of domainers to ignore them.. I have never understood why a small number of domain investors who by their own words don't (or not currently) invest in ngTLDs seem so intent on posting repeatedly on ngTLD threads. I know you post all around NPs @NYJimbo and I like reading your short contributions in many threads, but another NPs member who has frequently posts negative "contributions" here has about 3/4 of all his(?) posts in ngTLD threads. How is it sensible to even waste the time here if his domain focus is elsewhere and he is absolutely sure that he is right? What is the purpose?

Bob

Some of that was gone over already. Some people, for some reason, every time they start another new gtld thread, mention .com and give bad advice on it. This place is already being forum marketed to death.

Some domainers invest in all kinds of extensions, not just .com. Some have invested in new gtlds in the past. They're a part of the market, so it's part of the conversation.

You mentioned the world sensible.

How is it sensible that most of these type of threads aren't started by the ones actually getting sales in new gtlds but by those that aren't? People who get mad when people ask the sensible question, what are your sales? That question has been asked by many people. Maybe their intent is to sell something else like domain evaluations, ebooks, networking for future writing gigs etc.

Seriously, just follow along:

Title of thread -
How to register new gTLD names in 2019 (and actually sell them).

First post
11. Bonus point - do not listen to "voices of past" with "only .com is an good investment" mantra

Marek, what have you sold? Crickets.

If somebody started a thread on how to actually climb Mount Everest, wouldn't some of the logical questions be. How many times have you climbed Mount Everest. When was the last time you climbed Mount Everest, etc. If their answer was, I can't tell you. Does that seem "sensible" ?

Last edited:
•••
As an couter example : I recently purchased from OP here at Namepros name Act.Best, which I absolutely love - and what I love most, is that there are basically no alternatives to it in new gTDL space (or any space we can imagine) :)

Sorry but you are wrong on this domain name. I was considering buying a .best domain a few days ago that says this much better with a better flow.

Act best - sounds really strange in English as well.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry but you are wrong on this domain name. I was considering buying a .best domain a few days ago that says this much better with a better flow.

Act best - sounds really strange in English as well.

Exactly. It's not proper English. He has another thread where he was asking other members here advice on which of his domains he should renew (while having an ongoing domain evaluation thread), admitting some of them might be off because English is not his first language.

So besides not being proper English, I only see..........1 reported sale:

dishwasher.best for $150
https://namebio.com/?s==ATM0gDO2AjM

It reminds me of Melania's Be Best, which isn't proper English either:

“Be Best” just so plainly doesn’t hold up to the laws of English grammar, which require that a superlative adjective following an imperative verb be preceded by the definite article “the”. Be good – be better – be the best: that’s the rule."

Last edited:
•••
Exactly. It's not proper English. He has another thread where he was asking other members here advice on which of his domains he should renew (while having an ongoing domain evaluation thread), admitting some of them might be off because English is not his first language.

So besides not being proper English, I only see..........1 reported sale:

dishwasher.best for $150
https://namebio.com/?s==ATM0gDO2AjM
He is right about the way he values domains and that is how I think as well.

Even hotels.best as a domain sounds like Pidgin English to me. The word I have works perfectly with this domain but I don't like the renewal fees and I don't think I can use it in a project or flip a .best domain.

Mainly because every great combination sounds so egoistic and my experience of business, and what my mentors have taught me, is to not to appear pushy, over exalted or cocky or you will drive your customers away.

Last edited:
•••
Excellent post, please don't delete it, I'm sure I will be linking to it in the future. It's basically a new gtlds are a bad investment post. Some good stuff in there.
@JB Lions while I appreciate that you are trying to tl/dr my post (which was longer and complex), you need to read the post more carefully as you derived wrong conclusion once again - the post is not about that new gTLDs are bad investment (this is only your wish), it is an factual description of how many alternatives you can create in new gTLD space for word1word domain name strings... I think we can both agree that you can register names with lot of available alternatives both in new gTLDs and .com.

You can also read @Bob Hawkes post few posts below mine, where you will find that this logic also applies to word1word2.com names (in some extend)...post # 204

You can link to posts here as much as you wish, they are written here also for you! But if possible, do not tl/dr them if you can not understand properly, instead please let other people to read them in full detail, because you can be succesful in new gTLDs only if you understand details, and subtle things.

Note: if would be very nice if you would help to someone with some good advice - you are very experienced domainer, but when it comes to new gTLDs, it seems you only can attack...that is helpful only to your ego, no one else will benefit from that. Thanks for understanding :)

•••
I understand them perfectly, and I think you understand that I do.

"it seems you only can attack"

Reread your first post again, something I quoted more than once now. It seems that is you, who can't help himself posting nonsense about .com, again giving bad advice. My good advice will be pointing out your bad advice.

•••
I bought a .live domain yesterday and then whois registry reserved the .com version almost straight away.

What is the point in buying a gtld if the .com is avail? Will be worth 10% or less of the .com.

•••
I understand them perfectly, and I think you understand that I do.

"it seems you only can attack"

Reread your first post again, something I quoted more than once now. It seems that is you, who can't help himself posting nonsense about .com, again giving bad advice. My good advice will be pointing out your bad advice.
@JB Lions I think you simply misunderstood my Rule no.11. So let's quote it third time here, and reread it together:

So, does it says something agains .com investment? Or against .com? It simply says, that I think it is not wise to listen to "voices of past" with "only .com is an good investment" mantra. Yes, that word "only" makes the difference in your and my understanding, again, subtle thing, which you did not get JB ...

In another words: there are still people who say that only if you invest in .com you are a serious domain investor, and when you invest in new gTLDs you are stupid and wasting your money. I deeply disagree with those notions (and I called such people "voices of past", which is probably what irritated you), as I know that new gTLDs are an excellent investment vehicle for domain investors (particularly if you know what you are doing, and have good knowledge of them). This is btw what this thread is all about!

So to conclude: I have nothing against .com, as I simply do not care about .com, and I do not follow it. I fully respect that there are people who invest only in .com, but personally I am pure new gTLD investor. Saying that, I wish all .com investors only the best! I hope I made it clear now for you. Thank you :)

Last edited:
•••
I know that new gTLDs are an excellent investment vehicle for domain investors (particularly if you know what you are doing, and have good knowledge of them). This is btw what this thread is all about!

And many people here have asked you to back that up with some actual numbers. Don't you think what you're saying would have some actual weight if you did? You've done nothing but make excuses on why you won't. When you had that thread asking other people advice on your names, on whether you should renew. It seemed to me and others, renewals were catching up with you. I think you posted most of your renewals are very low, you should be able to figure out if your names are worth at least a renewal price.

Last edited:
•••
And many people here have asked you to back that up with some actual numbers. Don't you think what you're saying would have some actual weight if you did? You've done nothing but make excuses on why you won't. When you had that thread asking other people advice on your names, on whether you should renew. It seemed to me and others, renewals were catching up with you. I think you posted most of your renewals are very low, you should be able to figure out if your names are worth at least a renewal price.

Lol, regarding renewal fees, just make an little effort and simply read this thread from the very start - you will learn a lot. With this kind of renewals, nothing is catching up to anyone.

Regarding sales, I have already explained that, again in this thread, in my response to Johnnie:

"I am not going to disclose my sales to you or anyone else. One of many reasons: if I would disclose them, you would not believe it anyway and would call them fake. If I would present my bank statements as supporting evidence (which I would never do, but just for the argument's sake), you would call them fake as well. So you can never be satisfied: if new gTLD investors / registries do not report sales, you conclude they make no sales. If they report new gTLD sales, you call it fake (you just did that directly in this thread several times, with no proof whatsoever...)

My conclusion: new gTLD investors or registries are simply not able to satisfy you in any way possible - I thus truly believe only YOU can satisfy yourself - by your own effort, and results."

Wishing you all the best :)

•••
Lol, regarding renewal fees, just make an little effort and simply read this thread from the very start - you will learn a lot. With this kind of renewals, nothing is catching up to anyone.

Regarding sales, I have already explained that, again in this thread, in my response to Johnnie:

"I am not going to disclose my sales to you or anyone else. One of many reasons: if I would disclose them, you would not believe it anyway and would call them fake. If I would present my bank statements as supporting evidence (which I would never do, but just for the argument's sake), you would call them fake as well. So you can never be satisfied: if new gTLD investors / registries do not report sales, you conclude they make no sales. If they report new gTLD sales, you call it fake (you just did that directly in this thread several times, with no proof whatsoever...)

My conclusion: new gTLD investors or registries are simply not able to satisfy you in any way possible - I thus truly believe only YOU can satisfy yourself - by your own effort, and results."

Wishing you all the best :)

And your post just proved what I said "You've done nothing but make excuses on why you won't."

I've never seen anybody call Fancy Domains reported sales fake, not once. I believe him. His recent post on that "I’ve only sold three names so far, but the prices are ok..."

There are others who report theirs as well. These are all obvious questions people would ask, when you make the claims you do.

Last edited:
•••
Ok, then I'm sure we can all agree here to not call your gtld sales fake. So now you can disclose them, and all here can draw their own conclusions on them being 'fake' or not, and as to whether or not to heed your advice regarding them. But to keep posting your 'advice' on the validity of them, for others here, newbies and non newbies, to judge or base their own thoughts on such advice, is not fair and is misleading to those looking for realistic advice, and not just a lot of hype from someone who just 'believes' in them.

So basically, if you have experience selling gtlds, and you feel it's fair for you to 'share and give advice' based on your gtld experience, then you shouldn't care what people call them! But if you can't stand by and back up what you are 'sharing' then...you shouldn't be sharing that 'advice'.

•••
What is the point in buying a gtld if the .com is avail? Will be worth 10% or less of the .com.

It just wasn't a .com kind of deal. I thought about taking that afterwards. Minutes afterwards.

Usually I only buy .com but I am trying to put a little portfolio together with names I like and that can have value as projects I create and sell forward.

Last edited:
•••
Ok, then I'm sure we can all agree here to not call your gtld sales fake. So now you can disclose them, and all here can draw their own conclusions on them being 'fake' or not, and as to whether or not to heed your advice regarding them. But to keep posting your 'advice' on the validity of them, for others here, newbies and non newbies, to judge or base their own thoughts on such advice, is not fair and is misleading to those looking for realistic advice, and not just a lot of hype from someone who just 'believes' in them.

So basically, if you have experience selling gtlds, and you feel it's fair for you to 'share and give advice' based on your gtld experience, then you shouldn't care what people call them! But if you can't stand by and back up what you are 'sharing' then...you shouldn't be sharing that 'advice'.
Really @hawkeye ? :) Do you have that feeling that it is safe for me to share my sales publicly in internet? What about my invoices and screenshots of bank account, do you think it is wise to post them here as well? So you can check it and verify? And maybe my bank PIN, what about it?

Come one guys (or girls). You are both anonymous profiles, and you do not share absolutely anything with anyone, not even your own portfolios! With whom I am discussing now here? With some Lion avatar and an American actor avatar from old comedy series (it seems)? I do not even know if you are 12 year old girl or 80 year old guy. Anyway, I really think am sharing much more than I should, honestly, but I am pretty careful, so no worries.

To state that in order to discuss new gTLD names here with other investors, I have to post all my sales is BS. If someone wants to post their sales, they can do it of course, but I do not think it is wise, Just imo
---------
@JB Lions : you have asked me about my sales at least dozen times already. You are pretty curious I guess. Already 2 years ago I have checked your portfolio as I was curious with whom I am discussing, and found quite nicely built portfolio mostly of word1word2 .com names. So far so good. But after checking it, I simply do not have any need to ask you what are your sales. I already can (guess)estimate what can your total yearly sales in average be (from the quality of your domain names and their number), so whatever information you would provide me, I simply can discard.

Guys be very very careful what people will tell you about their sales, be it in .com, ccTLDs or new gTLDs .. you should not listen to any stories about sales, you should check quality of portfolios of people who are giving you advices about some topic and test things with your own portfolio. We are not living in ideal world where everyone will tell you truth to your benefit.

What difference would that make if I really lost commnon sense, and give my sales in public? You would not believe it anyway..

PS : if I would really showed you my sales, I am afraid you would feel somewhat uneasy for next 2 - 3 weeks. And I care about well being of my fellow domain investor, so no unnecessary shocks for you :)

@JB Lions and @hawkeye - nice discussion, and I am sorry that from security and privacy reasons (and because I use commnon sense) I can not satisfy your curiosity any more.

Act.Best.png
Yours, lolwarrior

•••
@lolwarrior I couldn’t care less what you do or not sell. I don’t follow you or read your ‘opinions’ on gtlds. I do feel a 2 year ‘newbie’giving out rah-rah advice to others on an unproven investment commodity just based on your ’opinions’ of it is dangerously misleading to those hoping to learn. But if some want to follow a false prophet to financial ruin, that is on them. And seriously, you giving advice on what makes a good gtld domain, while you pick a 13 letter extension for your portfolio domain?!? Yeeaah...

And I’m sure you’re too gtld blind to look, but there is a link in my sig to my domains, so yes I do share my names. ...good grief

•••
Really @hawkeye ? :) Do you have that feeling that it is safe for me to share my sales publicly in internet? What about my invoices and screenshots of bank account, do you think it is wise to post them here as well? So you can check it and verify? And maybe my bank PIN, what about it?

Come one guys (or girls). You are both anonymous profiles, and you do not share absolutely anything with anyone, not even your own portfolios! With whom I am discussing now here? With some Lion avatar and an American actor avatar from old comedy series (it seems)? I do not even know if you are 12 year old girl or 80 year old guy. Anyway, I really think am sharing much more than I should, honestly, but I am pretty careful, so no worries.

To state that in order to discuss new gTLD names here with other investors, I have to post all my sales is BS. If someone wants to post their sales, they can do it of course, but I do not think it is wise, Just imo
---------
@JB Lions : you have asked me about my sales at least dozen times already. You are pretty curious I guess. Already 2 years ago I have checked your portfolio as I was curious with whom I am discussing, and found quite nicely built portfolio mostly of word1word2 .com names. So far so good. But after checking it, I simply do not have any need to ask you what are your sales. I already can (guess)estimate what can your total yearly sales in average be (from the quality of your domain names and their number), so whatever information you would provide me, I simply can discard.

Guys be very very careful what people will tell you about their sales, be it in .com, ccTLDs or new gTLDs .. you should not listen to any stories about sales, you should check quality of portfolios of people who are giving you advices about some topic and test things with your own portfolio. We are not living in ideal world where everyone will tell you truth to your benefit.

What difference would that make if I really lost commnon sense, and give my sales in public? You would not believe it anyway..

PS : if I would really showed you my sales, I am afraid you would feel somewhat uneasy for next 2 - 3 weeks. And I care about well being of my fellow domain investor, so no unnecessary shocks for you :)

@JB Lions and @hawkeye - nice discussion, and I am sorry that from security and privacy reasons (and because I use commnon sense) I can not satisfy your curiosity any more.

Show attachment 111310
Yours, lolwarrior

I was trying to stay away from this thread but you keep posting contradictory type stuff.

You said Mr. Lion Avatar "do not share absolutely anything with anyone, not even your own portfolio"

but then follow it up with: "Already 2 years ago I have checked your portfolio as I was curious with whom I am discussing, and found quite nicely built portfolio mostly of word1word2 .com names"

Because I shared it with you then. I've shared hand regs, sales, names I picked up in the Aftermarket before, so your statement isn't true. We even talked about yours before, and I was honest with my assessment. I said you had some nice ones, as far as new gtlds go, but then you had some with dashes in them, names starting with "e" or "i" or "the", which doesn't work with new gtlds or some that are grammatically incorrect, like your recent act.best one. You even have Bulloney above regging a name today with e in the front.

You also commented recently (within last few months) that you liked my new landing pages.

As far as all the bank stuff, nobody has asked you for that, nobody has asked that of others who do actually share stuff, like Fancy Domains.

And again, if you see somebody starting threads wanting to set themselves up as an expert, selling ebooks, domain evaluations etc. It makes sense to ask for something real to back it up.

It could be basic stuff like you see in this thread - https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-691

Last edited:
•••
@lolwarrior And seriously, you giving advice on what makes a good gtld domain, while you pick a 13 letter extension for your portfolio domain?!? Yeeaah...

This is all relative to be fair.

In Europe people know how to spell and type, often in several languages they are using each day, so we have a highly educated and technical customer base.

Longer descriptive domain names are NOT a problem in the European market. Do you know this market? We certainly do NOT like domains like xdfg.com which means absolutely nothing without a good explanation beforehand. It's simply not an intuitive name.

A descriptive name beats a nondescriptive name anyday. I speak as a buyer. I've worked for huge companies and we have bought up many competitive names to give us the edge. None of them were xbcgd34.com

I happen to know that a lot of young web savvy people buy all kinds of extensions here for their blogs, web sites, school projects etc and we have loads of tech startups in different fields in our richly diverse European market.

This is just a BIG misunderstanding about different markets.... except that we are listening and learning about yours. I see a lot of americans telling people how stupid they are and saying we might send the wrong messages to others.

Your corporations released these names and this is not kindergarten.

Prepare to be boarded.

Last edited:
•••
@lolwarrior I couldn’t care less what you do or not sell. I don’t follow you or read your ‘opinions’ on gtlds. I do feel a 2 year ‘newbie’giving out rah-rah advice to others on an unproven investment commodity just based on your ’opinions’ of it is dangerously misleading to those hoping to learn. But if some want to follow a false prophet to financial ruin, that is on them.

Maybe you should address your worries to:

Complaints Dept.
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
HEADQUARTERS
Los Angeles, California, USA
12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536, USA
Phone: +1 310 301 5800
Fax: +1 310 823 8649

Last edited:
•••
In Europe people use ccTLDs over or along .com.
The end.

•••
This is all relative to be fair.

In Europe people know how to spell and type, often in several languages they are using each day, so we have a highly educated and technical customer base.

Longer descriptive domain names are NOT a problem in the European market. Do you know this market? We certainly do NOT like domains like xdfg.com which means absolutely nothing without a good explanation beforehand. It's simply not an intuitive name.

A descriptive name beats a nondescriptive name anyday. I speak as a buyer. I've worked for huge companies and we have bought up many competitive names to give us the edge. None of them were xbcgd34.com

I happen to know that a lot of young web savvy people buy all kinds of extensions here for their blogs, web sites, school projects etc and we have loads of tech startups in different fields in our richly diverse European market.

This is just a BIG misunderstanding about different markets.... except that we are listening and learning about yours. I see a lot of americans telling people how stupid they are and saying we might send the wrong messages to others.

Your corporations released these names and this is not kindergarten.

Prepare to be boarded.

Descriptive names are better than random combinations of numbers and letters? Who cares! The name needs to be in the top 1% to be worth anything at all. You are comparing two different types of poo names and arguing which is best.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back