IT.COM

How to price a geo-domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

trent_stark

Impact
Hello everyone,
I have a question. How do you price geo-domain. It's a domain of a city (no occupation like newyorklawyers.com, just the name of a city) and from my research it seems to be a affluent city. It's a .com and the exact match of the name. I tried to register the names of the surrounding towns but they've all been taken, even though they are minor towns with 200 people or less.

I was told to sell such a domain for the median house price x3 and any domainer or real estate company or city commerce center would be glad to buy it but i don't want to over price it, it seems like a lot of money. Are there any other suggestions on how much i should sell it for?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow. Maybe it's just me knowing the median house price where I live is around $500,000 but that seems like a ton of cash to ask for if it's a pure geo which is not a large popular city. If this person told you to multiple by 3, crikey, that would be $1.5 million!

To give you an example, Vancouver (neighboring city to mine) has a median house price of $700K. Multiple that by 3 and it's over $2 million. Vancouver.com sold for $120K.

Yours is a "pure" geo? Just (city).com? What's the population?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back