Dynadot

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unless you have a Buy Now price listed somewhere like Sedo always tell them you are just reviewing offers at this time, let them know they are welcome to submit an offer.

•••
How will you reply to the question "How much? or what is the price? by the end user ....will u state the price or make them to offer...

How much do you think it should be? :)

•••
How will you reply to the question "How much? or what is the price? by the end user ....will u state the price or make them to offer...

I'll reply with:

1. We're looking for offers at the moment.
2. (in case you are desperate to sell the domain asap, then give them your price range) We're expecting to sell the domain for low to mid four figure (or five figure etc.).

I find the second one more effective as it gives potential buyers the idea about our pricing expectation. So if they can afford it, they will start negotiation, if they are low on budget, they'll leave. But to make it more buyer-friendly, with the second reply, I'll add 'we're open to negotiate the price'.

Hope it helps.

•••
Before contacting end users I always put the domain with a buy now price on sedo/afternic so the guy can find out my desired range in a few clicks. In the email I write something like: 'i would be happy to discuss a price to suit your budget'. Sometimes they answer with an offer (somewhere at 50% of the posted BIN), sometimes they ask how much and I reply with a sensible lower price than the one posted. This worked for me for a few sales.

•••
Before contacting end users I always put the domain with a buy now price on sedo/afternic so the guy can find out my desired range in a few clicks. In the email I write something like: 'i would be happy to discuss a price to suit your budget'. Sometimes they answer with an offer (somewhere at 50% of the posted BIN), sometimes they ask how much and I reply with a sensible lower price than the one posted. This worked for me for a few sales.

Same. I'll write an outreach email that's very short and sweet, and does not include the sale price. If they reply with a "How much?" or similar, I'll tell them the current BIN price and mention where it can be purchased; I also explain that I'm open to offers for a private transaction through Escrow.com.

In my experience, I've found that asking for an offer when you're the one making contact about the the domain for sale doesn't work out so well. When potential buyers reply to see how much I want for the domain, I used to reply with the "I'm currently accepting offers" (as opposed to stating a BIN), but that never ended up making a sale for me. Stating the BIN price has. Of course, just my opinion and experience.

•••

I have spent a lot of time regarding your question and what I am going to start doing is listing my domains on a marketplace ( GD or SEDO) and refer to it if some one asks that question... " I have it on GD's auction for XXXX" and await a response. I can always go back and say...: " I am looking for mid 4 figures" ( depending on their original reply.)

•••
what will be your subject for an end user email...will it be the domain name or ?

•••
what will be your subject for an end user email...will it be the domain name or ?

I recently learned and tried the following:

For example, if my domain is: HoustonDoorInstallation.com, my email subject would be:

Houston Door Installation
Houston Door Installation Company
Houston Door Installation Business
Houston Door Installation Domain

So I am adding my domain but without .com extension.

I use above variations in subject to not to hit Google to look my emails as spam.

Hope it helps.

•••
I recently learned and tried the following:

For example, if my domain is: HoustonDoorInstallation.com, my email subject would be:

Houston Door Installation
Houston Door Installation Company
Houston Door Installation Business
Houston Door Installation Domain

So I am adding my domain but without .com extension.

I use above variations in subject to not to hit Google to look my emails as spam.

Hope it helps.
thx mate

•••
Am a newbie and I have contacted end users for about 2 weeks ago on my proofdoorsdotcom but non has replied to my email
can anyone give me an idea of what I should do next

•••
Am a newbie and I have contacted end users for about 2 weeks ago on my proofdoorsdotcom but non has replied to my email
can anyone give me an idea of what I should do next
not to be rude but try to read at least 20/30 pages of this thread and i'm sure you will find many answers to your questions :)

•••
@ pablohc86
ok ......thanks
I have done that

•••
In simple just list it on auction sites....buyer will come to you..

•••
Regarding subject lines, as I have posted before (buried somewhere in the 10 dozen pages of this thread) I will usually put the prospect's domain in the subject field, not my own. As my target buyers own multiple domains in the same niche as the one I am selling, I head my e-mails along the lines of "BuyersDomain.com and Related Domains" Open rate is very high, and the practice has split test well against both "MyDomain.com and Related Domains" as well as the keywords in the domain.

Frank

•••
Ok so one thing I don't understand is that should I mention the advantages of the domain in the first email?Because without this the enduser may not have an interest

•••
Ok so one thing I don't understand is that should I mention the advantages of the domain in the first email?Because without this the enduser may not have an interest

From my learning I would recommend to keep the "advantages" part for secondary email because it would increase the size of your first email, which is not recommended by pro domainers. Secondly, the buyer may already have plans and know better what s/he can do with the domain, so advising upfront may not be a good idea, just my opinion.

However, if you can summarize the advantages in a line or two, by all means go for it mate.

Hope it helps.

•••
From my learning I would recommend to keep the "advantages" part for secondary email because it would increase the size of your first email, which is not recommended by pro domainers. Secondly, the buyer may already have plans and know better what s/he can do with the domain, so advising upfront may not be a good idea, just my opinion.

However, if you can summarize the advantages in a line or two, by all means go for it mate.

Hope it helps.
Yea I do list then in 1-2 lines.Thanks

•••
I am trying to sell a domain name, its 3D Designing in king.

I contacted 30 end users and told them its for $1,499. The funny thing is I mistakenly forgot to type the ing in the end, so i sent them basically 3D Design .com is for sale for $1,499. If I received such an email I would buy immediately for upto 10K!

Guess what, I didnt get a single response!!! I am thinking maybe my email has been marked as spam since I did some mass mailing previously? I wanna check such a thing!

I also used the Estibot mass mailer from within the website, so I think this is already whitelisted?

I am getting really frustrated about this thing to be honest. Any help?

•••

I contacted 30 end users and told them its for $1,499. The funny thing is I mistakenly forgot to type the ing in the end, so i sent them basically 3D Design .com is for sale for $1,499. If I received such an email I would buy immediately for upto 10K!

Guess what, I didnt get a single response!!! I am thinking maybe my email has been marked as spam since I did some mass mailing previously? I wanna check such a thing!

I also used the Estibot mass mailer from within the website, so I think this is already whitelisted?

I suggest you read this article> http://www.nameflipper.com/blog/locating-end-user-decision-makers/
an
Other items are also useful> Selling domains to end-users A guided tutorial, Pricing domains for end-users a simple cheat-sheet, End-User Strategy, Amassing end-user candidates for your domain names

•••

Maybe they just don't want to purchase it?Good luck tho

•••
In case I have two similar domains (to use the previous example: HoustonDoorInstallation.com and HoustonDoorMontage.com), should I offer both of the domains in the email or this is a big no.

•••
In case I have two similar domains (to use the previous example: HoustonDoorInstallation.com and HoustonDoorMontage.com), should I offer both of the domains in the email or this is a big no.

I have found that keeping things as simple as possible works best. Fewer options means fewer decisions need to be made before the deal is closed. I also think that presenting multiple domains that are too similar can possibly backfire and decrease the perceived value of your domains if the prospect starts to think of more alternatives to your domains that may cost less. Just my two cents.

•••
Other items are also useful> Selling domains to end-users A guided tutorial, Pricing domains for end-users a simple cheat-sheet, End-User Strategy, Amassing end-user candidates for your domain names[/QUOTE]

What does this mean?Where can I find the above?

Thanks,
Serry

•••
--------------------------
I do the same thing on GD because it is so well known...WHY do you choose the above?

•••

-----------------------
Unless someone here tells me otherwise, I would not use mass anything. IMHO, you should have sent out 30 separate email explaining why this domain might work for them. I find asking not telling works best for me. THEY KNOW what is happening in their company, not you. You have too many variables to solve this. Is it the price, wrong prospect or really never got t the INBOX?.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back