IT.COM

new gtlds How to find a market for Me.Sucks

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kim Hanks

Established Member
Impact
So I have this undeveloped domain, Me.Sucks and I would like to get some advice on both the .sucks extension and why the hell is the registration 2,398.80?????

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In my opinion it is the most negative and useless extension that should never have been allowed by ICANN. It is simply a way to get protection money from companies that don't want someone else to create a website on it. Not surprisingly, and appropriately, it has had 0 sales listed on NameBio. In my opinion all .sucks domains have 0 value, sorry.

ps BTW the wholesale price on the LL premium .sucks renewal is $1999. If you really wanted to keep it, which I don't recommend, it would be worthwhile getting a DomainCostClub membership and save several hundred dollars a year on it. But I don't recommend keeping it. If you got it recently I would try to get your money back.

ps I don't think this thread warrants being in the News section - when the TLD was first introduced, yes, or perhaps a new legal decision involving it, but not simply discussion of one name and renewal price. I think it should be moved to general discussion.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's just so weird. Im definitely not going to keep it, just wondering what other folks were doing with it and If I was just missing something... :)

Someone owns

Rxxxh..sx x

And

Sxxt. Pxx n

They could be the ideal buyer for this domain

•••
I didn't even know that was a TLD !

Where's my credit card ??.....

•••
please, register also facebook.sucks if its not taken already...:dead:

btw on get.sucks/blog/whats-value-domain-sucks-perspective/ you can read on 'bout their thoughts lol, seems to be easy to knock on ICANN's door when having enough cash in the pocket.

•••
So I have this undeveloped domain, Me.Sucks and I would like to get some advice on both the .sucks extension and why the hell is the registration 2,398.80?????

...meaning you did pay $2K+ for it ??

•••
•••
Registry sells domains for whatever they like. Usually shorter domains have more value. Look at the 2 letter extensions, like .me

•••
•••
It's just so weird. Im definitely not going to keep it, just wondering what other folks were doing with it and If I was just missing something... :)

•••
Well, me and sucks don't work together anyways. So you're not missing anything and safe to toss that one.

Now if only they would have released .blows extension, would have been a great opportunity to own both, at the same time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back