IT.COM

discuss How to do a domain barter/ swapping properly?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

672com

Established Member
Impact
Curious how to make a domain barter/swapping properly and transaction smoothly without necessary risk, since escrow only honor the swap of commodity vs payment, not commodity vs commodity.
generally there are two scenario:
<i> domain A and B has fairly similar value,
<ii> domain A and B has significantly different value, so compensate with more domains or payment.
Is there a viable model? or a platform to facilitate such kind of deal? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As far as know it can't be done without risk even if put dollar figure on it. I have lost domains trying this and only recommend individual sales and never porfolio swaps or anything that can't be protected. Some one might have a solution but then i will figure out if or how someone will try screw you that way. If i see a way then i will certainly say something.

Last edited:
•••
I'm sure there is a platform out there that would work with both parties, to execute such a deal. Those looking to do domain swaps, it more or less feels like swapping one marginally saleable domain, for another. Would an investor swap a perfectly saleable domain, for a less saleable domain? Or a perfectly saleable domain, for another perfectly saleable domain? Especially of similar potential / value (its like 6 and 2x3). Often (but not always)...one side is getting the slightly better end of it. Then again, maybe one investor has a better position in the market for a specific domain niche to extract value, than another, and I admit that makes sense. Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but questioning the "why" would be important. IMO

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back