Dynadot

How to "cleanse" a domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DzAH

Established Member
Impact
Seems like a domain I registered is banned by google.

Now, what do I do to cleanse my filthy domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If you just want to park it forget it. If developing put under new ownership on front page make the site and resubmit to searches. It will get re-indexed and go to WOT etc and verify site ownership with the antivirus companies put ssl on it then worst comes to worst call google and ask them to rectify your site rating. It's a pain but can be done.

•••
I dont intend to use the domain myself, I regged just to sell it, but IDK about selling a banned domain to someone, so I wanna find out if I can cleanse it.

Is it a big deal for buyers if a domain is banned?

•••
Maybe you should share the domain, because it might have no value and not be worth worrying about.
And then make sure to check every domain you buy from now on for google ban.
edit: oh, you registered it..probably not worth it.

•••
is there some quick site check for google ban?

I once bought on ebay a 4l.com
like $300

seller did not say it's google baned
bought it loike 1 year ago

only found out it is google banned (faillisted) when parked it on parkingcrew
parking crew also shows date it was banned...... 2013.

wonder if I should contact seller and give him crap.

too bad I didn't catch it sooner... I could have option to leave feedback.

otheriwse, I run now and then into some regs.. like some cheap .info expired regs.. that are showing banned on parkingcrew.

how do you guys check your domains for ban before regging?

•••
is there some quick site check for google ban?

I once bought on ebay a 4l.com
like $300

seller did not say it's google baned
bought it loike 1 year ago

only found out it is google banned (faillisted) when parked it on parkingcrew
parking crew also shows date it was banned...... 2013.

wonder if I should contact seller and give him crap.

too bad I didn't catch it sooner... I could have option to leave feedback.

otheriwse, I run now and then into some regs.. like some cheap .info expired regs.. that are showing banned on parkingcrew.

how do you guys check your domains for ban before regging?

Use this tool https://www.bodis.com/account#domain-status-tool

•••
first thing is to find out why it was banned, and if f it is banned anywhere else - mum's net, yahoo etc.

•••
When I search for the name in google it does actually show up. However bodis.com and namewest claims its banned..

•••
•••
I put a site up on a faillisted domain (unknown when regged) and submitted to google webmaster tools, and received an ack email from google, I should be able to report in some future date what happens. It is a personal experiment to see. I also used the disavow tool last week on another domain that has had a ranked site for 12 years that got damaged this year by a swarm of spam backlinks which I suspect was an attempted sabotage by a jealous competitor. Frustrating to deal with, but this is life.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back