Dynadot

How to choose from GoDaddy closeout auctions...

NameSilo
Watch

vravis9

Top Member
Impact
Hi NamePros...

I am thinking of buying some domains from GoDaddy closeout auctions...

I am aware of filters and other features to sort from large number of domains...

But I am having some doubts to go forward...is there any detailed demonstration from our fellow members on how to do it...?

I want to know what to look for and how to get it..

I am assuming that all purchases from closeout auctions will have their own age (≠fresh reg)...and we need to be have a check on its previous history...

I want someone explain step by step from selecting of keywords/number of letters/CVCV etc formats...
Extensions to look for...age to look for...and then how to purchase them (bid/bin)...and also where to check demand of these names...and finally where to list them to have a quick sale...

I know it is long process to ask...if I see anyone posting all these details...it would be a great help for all newbies (even for other domainers)..

Even if I didn't get the step by step instructions...

I know for sure that our fellow members will be giving their own advices based on their experiences...

Hope to see some great insights from established members...

These points will fill most of important steps to lookout for before purchasing at GD auctions...

I am thinking of buying a dozen...hoping to flip quickly..

Thanks for your time and help..

Ravi.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Ategy.com
Wish there is some kind of service/broker to help newbies or domainers trying to sell in below mid XXXX...
All brokerage services only deal with 6 digit sale potential names...

Unfortunately the reality is that anybody brokering mid $xxxx domains can actually buy their own inventory at $xx or low $xxx ... which nets them $2k to $6k per domain they sell .. essentially at least 80% .. it just wouldn't make sense for them to take their time to do yours for just 15-20%.

There certainly are rare exceptional domains you can find at closeout that are worth 5 figures at retail .. but you need to spend as much time as I do going through the lists. Each day I hold back about 1 to 2% of the names on my list for my own personal purchases .. most end up going high at auction .. but some rare ones slip through and I'm able to grab them super cheap at auction, or even at closeout! :)

That's why I'm probably going to get more serious about starting to wholesale domains to domainers .. because I'm able to find great names at even below wholesale prices. The extra price I pay is in the time I take to go very deep into the lists each night .. I can't get no sleep! :-/

•••
@Ategy.com Yes...

Thanks for your time...

I certainly can imagine how much time is needed to sort out those lists...
And would like to see that wholesale domains...

Coming to brokerage services...there is no hope..
I know it takes time and return will be very low... I think that is vital one for brokers..so no other arguments here in support of mid level sellers...although I want to say some points for sellers...but I am not finding any reasonable ones..

I am new and very few domains are with me...so I don't have any advt on Facebook/Twitter to attract buyers...
I wish there is some one who has large portfolio and all in when it comes to getting buyers...if they could offer assistance in using their platform and reputation to sell others names and can be arranged by some partnership...
Again it will be very helpful for small domainers and newbies..

They will learn and earn simultaneously...

Big thanks for your suggestions...you responded...it's like personal coaching 1o1 :)

•••
I wish there is some one who has large portfolio and all in when it comes to getting buyers...if they could offer assistance in using their platform and reputation to sell others names and can be arranged by some partnership...
There are plenty. For example: Afternic, Sedo, Brandbucket.

•••
@DrJacoby very funny and of course it's true also...

Yes I know those platforms are for selling...but getting support or help of an already established sellers using their resources..name..will be more productive and also gives scope for learning...

That's what I am asking about...

•••
All the good names, even almost all the names are taken on your list

Almost all the good names, in fact almost all the names in your list are taken as soon as they are posted
Of course they are "taken". I suspect you're trying to hand register the domains! These domains are on auction and you need to purchase them from the auction. You cannot hand register any of the domains (yet)

•••
Of course they are "taken". I suspect you're trying to hand register the domains! These domains are on auction and you need to purchase them from the auction. You cannot hand register any of the domains (yet)

I never thought that might have been the problem!? lol .. @Temmygabriel .. just click on the link to go directly to the auction page. Closeouts are basically auctions that ended without a bid so they are still in the "auction system" but now in the closeout phase .. where the first person to buy them gets them directly without the risk of anyone else bidding after you. But as @anantj said .. you have to buy them through GoDaddy auctions. Again .. just click on the links in my lists to go directly each name you want! :)

•••
@Ategy.com thanks for your list .. I also do the closeouts. I never studied your list before, I would say it's excellent.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back