How to check Slang's ?

NameSilo
Watch

Umesh1

Established Member
Impact
Hello
Guys,

As i am new in the marketplace, i want to know, how i can check the slangs used in different countries.
Like in some countries people use to use slangs like this :-

1. Suppose when a person changed his room from one place to another place in some countries people say
"I shifted to Canada" and in western countries people used to say "I moved to Canada".
Both having same meanings but while buying domain, it will effect, as slang will change from country to country.

2. In some countries People used to say "How to Remove Spectacles" but in westeran countries people use to say "How to Remove Glasses".

So is there anyway i can check slangs of differnt countries, As i have purchased RemoveSpectacles.com , but some people of western countries saying it has no value, some said it has $1XX to $1XXX max value and godaddy appraisal said this has $8XX value and estibot says $0, but when u go to keyword planner and u search word "spectacles" then u will see there is 1 Million searches per month about this keyword. and i know these appraisals may be showing totally wrong info.

Comparable domains sold:
readingspectacles.com $888 (USD)
prescriptionspectacles.com $1,300 (USD)

I know that remove glasses feel much better, but still this is a different slang and highly competitive used in many countries, so how can i check where it is being used. And most important how to focus only that specific countries those uses this spectacles slang for selling domain name.

As i know this is gonna sell high, this is my personal gut feeling. so you all plz share ur experience.
As u know much better than me, and i am eager to learn from you all.:xf.smile::xf.smile:

Answers will be appreciated
Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tough one to answer. I googled, colloquialism list and found a few resources but nothing in detail.

•••
1:20 listen to “spectacles”.

Spectacles is more of an old 200+ year old word, never used in the US now... and not necessarily slang. Perhaps in UK or england they might, but I doubt it.

To answer your question, there are slang and urban dictionaries on line. I would be careful about registering any slang words as domains unless you believe you can sell them and know the market. For example, Would you buy a domain like LorreyRentals.com?

•••
The problem I can see is to 'remove spectacles' implies an act of removing spectacles, which, by itself, is not something an entire business would model themselves on. I guess it could be brandable and some entity may call themseleves that, but I would imagine the probability of that happening is slim, considering the fact that good brandables are usually short and broad in meaning. Unless, remove spectacles is a common business term that I did not know.

•••

Spectacles is more of an old 200+ year old word, never used in the US now... and not necessarily slang. Perhaps in UK or england they might, but I doubt it.

To answer your question, there are slang and urban dictionaries on line. I would be careful about registering any slang words as domains unless you believe you can sell them and know the market. For example, Would you buy a domain like LorreyRentals.com?
i respect what u have said above, but this thing makes me confuse, but i know this is gonna sell in asian countries, but not 100% sure, i am sure only 80%.

lets see
thanks

•••
The problem I can see is to 'remove spectacles' implies an act of removing spectacles, which, by itself, is not something an entire business would model themselves on. I guess it could be brandable and some entity may call themseleves that, but I would imagine the probability of that happening is slim, considering the fact that good brandables are usually short and broad in meaning. Unless, remove spectacles is a common business term that I did not know.
yes u right i agree, but there are some small business also which buy more domains rather than big companies but yes, there budget is small, when i am searching compare able domain i saw this,

Comparable domains sold:

So thinking on it till now...yes big brands wont gonna build business around it, as u said above, but small business's can.:banghead:

•••
there is 1 Million searches per month about this keyword.

I didn’t see that search volume reading your post, if I were you I’d find out where those searches originate. Are they in Asia? If a Million is true, you are correct but it isn’t in the Western Hemisphere or US but somewhere else.

•••

thank u very much, i respect wht u said , will chk that dict.
thanks

•••
I didn’t see that search volume reading your post, if I were you I’d find out where those searches originate. Are they in Asia? If a Million is true, you are correct but it isn’t in the Western Hemisphere or US but somewhere else.
thanks brother, i will chk , as u said above.

•••
•••
Urban dictionary
thank u very much, but can u plz tell me thiis also that, how can i check the traffic coming from which country most.
spectacles.png

•••
thanks brother, i will chk , as u said above.

How to check from where specially traffic is coming. plz share
thanks

spectacles.png

•••
You're linking to something you don't have, you have RemoveSpectacles.com, not just spectacles.

Your name is worth $0 to me, just doesn't make sense, you just take them off. Nothing you would make a site about.

If you want to see if a slang makes sense, just put it in quotes, use Google associated with that country, see how many times it comes up. If not much, probably not used much.

These aren't comparables

Those are things you can actually buy, yours isn't and again, makes no sense.

Last edited:
•••
Even if we accept the premise that spectacles is equivalent world-wide to glasses, the two examples that you give, ReadingSpectacles.com and PrescriptionSpectacles.com are both common phrases used by people looking for those types of spectacles or glasses.

Remove spectacles or remove glasses are phrases that I've heard zero times. I've heard people say take off your glasses (or spectacles), but what do you imagine a business that would want 'removespectacles' would use it for? The only far shot I can come up with is a lasek surgery center that was using the phrase to mean 'get rid of your glasses'. But that isn't particularly catchy or clever. Someone trying to sell spectacles would want the name RemoveSpectacles why? Again, maybe contact lenses, but still weak.

To more directly answer your question, you should have tried a dictionary first. You'd have found that spectacle(s) is more often used in the sense of: a visually striking performance or display. RemoveSpectacles with that definition could mean something to the effect of Avoiding Spectacles at work. Again, not something anyone has ever uttered within earshot of me.

I understand being excited about a domain name and twisting logic to fit your hopes. Most domainers have done it, and some do it until they are out of money and out of the game. I've done it, but seem to get better at not deluding myself as time goes by.

As for the popularity, I think you should check some more stats. Google Trends shows 'remove spectacles' with no interest. Even spectacles by itself isn't so great.

I always like to be surprised by sales, but I can't imagine that name going for more than $500 and that doesn't seem too likely to me.

•••
spectacles.com is a sunglasses camera company. Here are the search results I get in KW Finder.

CM Capture 136.jpg

CM Capture 137.jpg

•••
Only thing i came up with was:

Surgically, removing Spectacles from... (use your imagination) ... :nurse:

•••
•••
"Spectacles" is probably shared and reposted everywhere with kids and snapchat, hence those searches. That site has 49,000 backlinks on 5,000 different ip addresses. "remove" isn't something you want to add to that brand. Red means next to impossible to rank.
CM Capture 138.jpg

•••
Here is another use of the word "spectacle"

•••
Here- some uses of the word:
CM Capture 139.jpg

•••
•••
Use urban dictionary as it has most of the popular American slangs, that being said,if you were to start a business using that domain -RemoveSpectacles, what would that business be? Once you figure out that then find out how it would be applicable to your intended buyer/s. RemoveSpectacles sounds far much remote from the current trends and it's also somehow difficult to place it in a niche but don't despair much, people buying old century paints for millions just because they can. One paint was once sold for 400M when I only need 2K for every few domains that I own to feel important.

•••
I'd drop the domain. With a lot of imagination the lenses industry comes to mind but it's just not brandable. I'd rather brand yahnomoreglasses.com than this one. Using spectacles instead of glasses, although not commonly used, may be fitting for a company that sells glasses though. If you're set on this keyword I'd suggest you register getspectacles.com (=available) instead.

•••
RemoveSpectacles could be an laser eye surgery brand but I rather go with NoMoreSpectacles personally.

My advice is to stay away from slang unless you know exactly what you're doing and you have sold many domains in the past. I would only assume this is even harder if English isn't your first language.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
•••
You're linking to something you don't have, you have RemoveSpectacles.com, not just spectacles.

Your name is worth $0 to me, just doesn't make sense, you just take them off. Nothing you would make a site about.

If you want to see if a slang makes sense, just put it in quotes, use Google associated with that country, see how many times it comes up. If not much, probably not used much.

These aren't comparables

Those are things you can actually buy, yours isn't and again, makes no sense.
i am understanig now all the points, that u mentioned here,

As i searched about trademark also, this spectacles word is already trademarked, have a look and guide me, if i am wrong. so i thought its better to not register a domain with the trademark issue. not matter if its

Buyspectaclesonline.com or
Removespectacles.com

its better to drop it, Plz guide me if i am wrong here.

upload_2018-5-24_18-48-28.png

But what u think about this Removeeyeglasses.com, as this is not using any slang or any trademark issue.

upload_2018-5-24_18-52-57.png

plz reply i am waiting here.:xf.smile:
Thanks.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-24_18-50-30.png
    upload_2018-5-24_18-50-30.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 223
  • upload_2018-5-24_18-52-19.png
    upload_2018-5-24_18-52-19.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 212
•••
Back