IT.COM

advice How much you will ask for LLLL.com Selling to End User.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys.
I have LLLL.com refer to a big International Company.
They contacted me regarding purchasing my domain.
What is the best price to ask for it.
They are waiting for my respond.
Kindly advice.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd say it all depends on what kind of company it is (e.g. Insurance, Cars, Gym equipments). Do a little research about them. Is it a big company? Big revenue?

One advice I could give you is that whatever price you ask for, just remember to be reasonable and realistic. Maybe you can ask for a 5 figures offer and tell them that the price is negotiable to make sure they won't back off.

•••
How big?
I'd probably start in the high 6 figure range.

•••
Or they may if they price is too high, just go and file suit to get your domain.

•••
It is a Technology company, registered in Nasdaq Stock, active in 5 countries around the world.

•••
Don't quote anything below 6 figures.

•••
Thank you guys, is it good idea asking them to send me an offer?

•••
Nasdaq??? Pull their financial records... Check their assets and expenses... Should be able to find it since they are a publicly traded company....

Come up with a number after reading that...

•••
The Company stock quote above $30.

•••
I could give an appraisal, but have a few questions first:

1. Letter Pattern?: CVCV VCVC CCCC
  2. A)Matching Acronym/Abbreviation for their company? B) If no, they buying as a Brandable then?
  3. How many premium letters? (quad, triple, double)
  4. Do they/you own the .net, .org, etc?
Congrats on the quality inbound!

Last edited:
•••

No, this would suggest that you are unfamiliar with its value and/or uncomfortable dealing with businesses.

Shoot straight with a 6 figure number $125,000 and wait for a response. ANY response from them means their interested and go from there.
Best of luck!

•••

2. A)Matching Acronym/Aberration for their company? B) If no, they buying as a Brandable then?
The domain ma

2. A)Matching Acronym/Aberration for their company? B) If no, they buying as a Brandable then?
Letter Pattern CVCC Quad Premium.
It is exactly matching their company name, when you type my domain on Google, the result is their company.

•••

No offense to @Domainzy but I don't think any of these factors really matter. If the domain is a direct match or abbreviation for this company then the only question you need to ask yourself is "how valuable is the domain to them?" and "how much are they willing to pay?"

•••
Brother, pull their financial records. Find out their assets and liquid cash on hand.... Gives you a lot of insight.

•••
Be reasonable in pricing and do not let greed eat you up, as you may be left eating your nails.

•••
Be reasonable in pricing and do not let greed eat you up, as you may be left eating your nails.

Some of the best advice in this thread.

•••
No offense to @Domainzy but I don't think any of these factors really matter. If the domain is a direct match or abbreviation for this company then the only question you need to ask yourself is "how valuable is the domain to them?" and "how much are they willing to pay?"

Everything you stated is obvious(no offense)...and to determine "how valuable the domain is to them" and "how much they are willing to pay" There is data using history of sales, statistics, and facts which can help @jamaltq close the deal for a higher price.

So with all due respect, these questions 'do matter' to many buyers and sellers. Your 'only' question is amateur and unhelpful.

•••
Everything you stated is obvious(no offense)...and to determine "how valuable the domain is to them" and "how much they are willing to pay" There is data using history of sales, statistics, and facts which can help @jamaltq close the deal for a higher price.

So with all due respect, these questions 'do matter' to many buyers and sellers. Your 'only' question is amateur and unhelpful.
You obviously did take offence, so I apologize for that.
Once again though, All of those things are irrelevant for an end-user sale like this one....Point 2) and point 4) have slight relevance.

Not sure how much experience you have selling to end-users. Also not sure how you are going to give an end-user appraisal based on letter pattern....?

Last edited:
•••
i would start at 200k. you can always come down. if they re scared that means they dont really desire the name.

•••
Do your due diligence, can you confirm without a shadow of a doubt that it's a representative for that company? What are they using currently for a site, why now go searching for a LLLL? I think I would learn everything possible about them and hang a respectable number on it. Also I would make sure you don't have any ads running that would give the illusion of ill will.

Good luck.

•••
Yes, first just let them make you an offer, knowing that they will make you an offer which will be much lower than they are probably willing to pay at the end.

Last edited:
•••
Whatever price you'll ask for, don't panic if no reply immediately, be cool and patient.
Keep us update. Good luck!

•••
Every domain may have different value for the right person..

In this kinds of negotiation you have basically 2 options to start with.

1 - Ask them to make you offer
2 - Ask them some high price

Both options have advantage and disadvantage...
1st option that gives them possibility to start with low ball offer. Then it could be difficult to ask some high price after. However you let them act first that will give you advantage to see how they start. There is possibly to start with high number. This may come out either with 1k offer or 5k-10k
2nd option asking some high number in the beginning would make them turn away or they may think it's high valuable domain and they should make some high offer. like asking 100k would definitely be countered at least 10-20k.
So you should think twice and choose best option that suits you.

•••
Do your due diligence, can you confirm without a shadow of a doubt that it's a representative for that company? What are they using currently for a site, why now go searching for a LLLL? I think I would learn everything possible about them and hang a respectable number on it. Also I would make sure you don't have any ads running that would give the illusion of ill will.

Good luck.
The are using as the following:
Their long name = LLLL (my name)
Also they are registered and known in Nasdaq under my Domain which is LLLL

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back