IT.COM

domain How much would you pay for UpsideDomains.com ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Potential.Domains

Established Member
Impact
We recently snapped up the highly potential domain name UpsideDomains.com, and I'm sure the right buyer for this valuable asset could be right here on NP!

APPRAISAL

How much would you pay for UpsideDomains.com ?

THE IDEA (As written on our for sale landing page)

"With UpsideDomains.com in your hands as a Buyer, the idea Seller is pitching is to use this valuable asset to market and sell premium domain names with upside results!"

Your honest appraisal is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• upside domains.PNG
    upside domains.PNG
    174.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What's the meaning of Upside in this context? It's not really brandable as it's hard to remember and the name doesn't make sense.
But you're great at guerilla marketing, though. Seriously, it's smart how you draw attention to your website.

•••
Your prospective target audience for this, is mainly notoriously cheap, domainers. So I'd tamper down your expectations for a 'big' payday on this. Being a new reg as of today, I'd say if you get anyone offering over $200, take it before they sober up.

•••
I hate to burst the bubble, but I got to be the words of wisdom. You can get much better name with reg fee using $1 coupon. If you get $20 offer I would take it and register 20 better names with $1 coupon and then resell those for $100 a piece to same guy.

•••
What's the meaning of Upside in this context? It's not really brandable as it's hard to remember and the name doesn't make sense.
But you're great at guerilla marketing, though. Seriously, it's smart how you draw attention to your website.

Here's how Google defines the dictionary word "Upside"
  1. the positive or favorable aspect of something.
  2. an upward movement of stock prices.
The positive meaning associated with Upside is what I believe—makes this name a potential domain asset for a domainer to build a marketplace business upon. Thanks for your opinion @jerovg

Your prospective target audience for this, is mainly notoriously cheap, domainers. So I'd tamper down your expectations for a 'big' payday on this. Being a new reg as of today, I'd say if you get anyone offering over $200, take it before they sober up.

@hawkeye thanks, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Since the target buyer is (an NP) domainer, something in the $200+ range would be a great bargain for the buyer. I'm not expecting much ($250-500) considering this is meant to be a domainer-to-domainer transaction.

Last edited:
•••
I agree with what everyone else has said. There are plenty of words you could plop in front of "domains" that would make just as much if not more sense and be brandable. There doesn't seem to be anything particularly special in this case about the word upside, so I don't see much more than reg fee.

•••
Yep, just a reg fee name. Many other options to go with. Worth thinking about who buy the name when you register it

•••
Yep, just a reg fee name. Many other options to go with. Worth thinking about who buy the name when you register it
~
Of course the sales link on your post will do you no good here, but nice try

•••
I hate to burst the bubble, but I got to be the words of wisdom. You can get much better name with reg fee using $1 coupon. If you get $20 offer I would take it and register 20 better names with $1 coupon and then resell those for $100 a piece to same guy.

@ksusha64 if you can register a couple of much better domains that has similar positive meaning as Upside, will buy them from you for reg fee if they meet the criteria. It must be two-word domain names, and must end with "domains". Dictionary words like Popular, Top, Potential, are also good when brainstorming for names.

My domain investing strategy is different from what you're suggesting. I don't waste my time selling domain names for $20; all domain name sales are at least mid-three figures and up. Thanks for chipping in!
———

I agree with what everyone else has said. There are plenty of words you could plop in front of "domains" that would make just as much if not more sense and be brandable. There doesn't seem to be anything particularly special in this case about the word upside, so I don't see much more than reg fee.

Thank you both for your opinion! It was worth reading. @joemamma474 and @HireDomains

•••
So, I've searched a bit and if you want, HQDomainNames.com is available for registration. It's still not a great domain, but it makes sense (HQ is commonly known as High Quality) and it's even a keyword term. In addition, it has a domain age of 15 years and 6 months, according to the Wayback Machine. Hope this helps.

•••
•••
•••
So, I've searched a bit and if you want, HQDomainNames.com is available for registration. It's still not a great domain, but it makes sense (HQ is commonly known as High Quality) and it's even a keyword term. In addition, it has a domain age of 15 years and 6 months, according to the Wayback Machine. Hope this helps.

Thanks @jerovg even though the domain name is not perfect, it does makes sense. HQ Domain Names is a short way of saying "high quality domain names".

Aaaaand it's gone.

Did you register it?

Yes, snapped it up right away! You have to be very quick in this business with people with fast fingers.
———

EDIT: In order not to go further off-topic, this thread is intended for UpsideDomains.com appraisal. Thanks to everyone participating!

Last edited:
•••
I cant see any value in this name...I don't think the word "upside" really works with domains

Good luck though

•••

i wouldn't pay anything

where is the upside in owning it?

imo...

•••

i wouldn't pay anything

where is the upside in owning it?

imo...

Here's Google search for upside: https://www.google.com/#q=upside

There are many (or quite a number of) brands using the word 'upside' in their domain names. Can you see the upside in domaining at all? Just curious...

•••
Can you see the upside in domaining at all? Just curious...

i can see the upside in "domaining", but that's different than owning your name.

somebody who uses that name, would have to have a portfolio with an "upside" to them or the name would be meaningless.

imo....

Last edited:
•••
i can see the upside in "domaining", but that's different than owning your name.

somebody who uses that name, would have to have a portfolio with an "upside" to them or the name would be meaningless.

imo....

It's like owning BigDomains.whatever, and hoping to get big or filthy rich just from mere owning the name. You have to put it to work if you want the asset to earn.

The pitch here is to use this asset to sell domain names that would yield positive results for your customers (end-users). There's a disconnect in what you understand and the idea being pitched here.

•••
You may also like to hand reg BrightSideDomains.com and RightSideDomains.

•••
You may also like to hand reg BrightSideDomains.com and RightSideDomains.

How many companies are using Brightside+word or RightSide+word in their domain name? You can't just register domains randomly you know...you have to do your homework.

Plus, Rightside is Enom/Name.com parent company, in the same market.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@ejorah not interested in other alternatives at the moment. Moreover, I don't want this thread going off-topic.

This appraisal thread is for UpsideDomains.com

Thanks!

•••
@ejorah not interested in other alternatives at the moment. Moreover, I don't want this thread going off-topic.

This appraisal thread is for UpsideDomains.com

Thanks!

I am implying that there are so many alternative to UpsideDomains.com.

Now, my answer to your question: Not even reg fee.

We tend to become emotional when registering domains. We tried to combine words and thought it has awesome meaning but others don't think like us. Like my BrandBishop/com, I thought this two words can go together but others think it's a crappy domain.

You can develop UpsideDomains.com yourself because it makes sense to you, but if it's for sale then you get the price appraisal above.

•••
I don't really like it.... while Upside may be intended to be positive, it just doesn't go together well. Not sure if maybe at first I saw
UpsideDown in my head or what... It just kinda threw me off... I would find something better...

•••
I am going to join the club: I don't think name is great at all, it's even awkward. Unfortunately there are too many options available that are more attractive imo. Good luck anyway.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back