IT.COM

How much money 10,000 hits per day can generate?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sbs

Established Member
Impact
Friends,

Any idea from your experience how much money 10,000 hits per day can generate? I know it depends on the content and keywords but just assume its general discussion/news site. (US based hits)

I am looking for just rough numbers. Any ballpark numbers?

Also, what do you think about the income displayed on websiteoutlook.com is genuine? Looks like it display more number of page views for any site that whats in reality. I have a website where it shows 140 page views but when I use google analytics it just show me <5 page views. Why is this difference?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
OK Lets assume a 10% CTR and $0.10 EPC. That would be $100/day. But of course it may fluctuate between $0 and $500/day.

•••
if it is traffic you buy from one of the "buy cheap traffic" websites, the revenue will rather be ZERO than anything else.

•••
lot's of fake traffic around. many providers offer 10K visitors for like $10 or so.

•••
"hits" may mean nothing. How many unique visitors? Where do they come from? How many pages per visit?

Assuming the hits are real organic visits, not paid traffic, on a general news site where you have no special "hook" and the ads displayed may be lower value, I think you would be lucky to get $10 to $30 a day from 10,000 visits. I'd peg the CTR at close to 1% and would expect a lot of the clicks to be very low value ($0.10 to 0.30 per click).

Of course, that is just a guess.

•••
@Kingword - I dont have the traffic yet but I am just trying to estimate the revenue against the effort required.

@ Green Moon - I think your analysis looks genuine. The one by @stub may be more on optimistic side.

•••
@Kingword - I dont have the traffic yet but I am just trying to estimate the revenue against the effort required.

@ Green Moon - I think your analysis looks genuine. The one by @stub may be more on optimistic side.

If you are going to buy traffic for a parked website, for sure you are going to loose your money. I have thought of that too, but didn't try, as the paid traffic is coming from iframes, bots, or link pages (iframes).
In all cases, clicks will be zero, and ad view counter as well.

•••
I am not trying to buy traffic. I am trying to build an idea and wanted to caluclate ROI on effort involved.

•••
If you generation 10,000 hits per day for parking account,you can generation $5000-$10000.hoho

•••
It just a numbers game. Reduce the CTR to 5% = $50 a day, and reduce the EPC to $0.05 = $25 day. It up to you to decide what CTR your hits will have because you will know the quality of the traffic (we have no idea). It's the same with the keywords/EPC. It was just an example for you to work from. And I did say it could be as low as $0 :)

Forums generally get very low clicks. Financial keywords usually pay better than General News keywords.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask this but I setup a site in January and tweaked it - at first it had only a total monthly unique visits 187 and now the info is below:

Total Pages 119753
Total Visits 48581

But I am not gaining any revenue even though I have Google Adsense setup. Could someone let me in on what I should do to better gain the advantage?

Thank you.

Cheers,
RK

•••
Get rid of adsense and find some affiliate links.

•••
Get rid of adsense and find some affiliate links.

Thanks Stub for the quick reply - any advice as to what affiliates I could use. I appreciate your response.

Thanks.

•••
Thanks Stub for the quick reply - any advice as to what affiliates I could use. I appreciate your response.

Thanks.

That very much depends on what your site is about - the more relevant to your site's content the better.

•••
Allposters.com has a nice affiliate program, with a hefty commission rate. If there is any way to make use of their individual poster links and links, that would be a way to go.

I believe they also have a two tier program, though it has been a while since I checked. So, sites dealing with online revenue, etc., might be able to generate additional income for you from other people's traffic.

•••
I'm not really an affiliate whiz, but I agree with ibidu above. It depends on what your website is about. One general affiliate program would be Amazon.

•••
well 10.000 daily unqiues with 20% CTR and a $5 RPC would generate , let me guess , its very hot man : $10.000 daily !
the problem is how to generate as much traffic
PS: one of my domains got up to $30 rpc but doesnt have too much traffic, less than 50 daily :) do the math

•••
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask this but I setup a site in January and tweaked it - at first it had only a total monthly unique visits 187 and now the info is below:

Total Pages 119753
Total Visits 48581

But I am not gaining any revenue even though I have Google Adsense setup. Could someone let me in on what I should do to better gain the advantage?

Thank you.

Cheers,
RK

I had a second read of that, are you sure your earnings from Adsense is none at all? If that is the case then your ads must not be showing as it would be impossible to have no earnings with those number of PV's.

•••
I had a second read of that, are you sure your earnings from Adsense is none at all? If that is the case then your ads must not be showing as it would be impossible to have no earnings with those number of PV's.

I did have some earnings but very low and then Google gave me a minus on them for some reason. I am going to another route. I emailed them and asked why did they only show that I was getting 313 PV a month when my stats program shows well over 45000.

Seriously at this point I can't stand Google. I don't think they calculations are correct.

Any pointers on how to monetize this better would be a great relief. Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
RK

•••
I roughly make $100 a day,parking, on 6,000-10,000 visitors (zeroclick model)

•••
I roughly make $100 a day,parking, on 6,000-10,000 visitors (zeroclick model)

I really find it very exciting when I hear some parked domains can get so many visitors, so would you by any chance mind telling us how that can be achieved or can it not be mentioned?

•••
@smurge what company do you use? Trying to monetize stream and torrent related domain.

•••
@smurge what company do you use? Trying to monetize stream and torrent related domain.

I use Domainsponsor and Voodoo for my parking companies.

Regarding the zeroclick model I use Domainsponsor as Voodoo does not have one.

•••
Thanks for the answer smurge, I'm curently trying out the parkingplace

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the answer smurge, I'm curently trying out the parkingplace

If your domains don't get good traffic volume then it doesn't really matter where you park them 95% of the time, hence my question from Smurge.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back