IT.COM

How much money 10,000 hits per day can generate?

NameSilo
Watch

sbs

Established Member
Impact
Friends,

Any idea from your experience how much money 10,000 hits per day can generate? I know it depends on the content and keywords but just assume its general discussion/news site. (US based hits)

I am looking for just rough numbers. Any ballpark numbers?

Also, what do you think about the income displayed on websiteoutlook.com is genuine? Looks like it display more number of page views for any site that whats in reality. I have a website where it shows 140 page views but when I use google analytics it just show me <5 page views. Why is this difference?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I really find it very exciting when I hear some parked domains can get so many visitors, so would you by any chance mind telling us how that can be achieved or can it not be mentioned?

Hey Ibidu,

It can be mentioned. I bought the site through pending delete process. The traffic was already built in and I just got lucky to grab it. Honestly I was shocked when I parked it because the next morning I woke up and there we,re 10,000k visitors. It's been holding steady around 6000 - 10,000 visitors now.

My account manager at domainsponsor handles the ad's . He told me the domain was blackilisted with google (had no clue it was) but the traffic could be monetized with yahoo or zeroclick. He set it up on zeroclick and that was that.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask anything else.

•••
Hey Ibidu,

It can be mentioned. I bought the site through pending delete process. The traffic was already built in and I just got lucky to grab it. Honestly I was shocked when I parked it because the next morning I woke up and there we,re 10,000k visitors. It's been holding steady around 6000 - 10,000 visitors now.

My account manager at domainsponsor handles the ad's . He told me the domain was blackilisted with google (had no clue it was) but the traffic could be monetized with yahoo or zeroclick. He set it up on zeroclick and that was that.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask anything else.

smurge, is it a .com? and niche? maybe you can pm me the domain name, if that's not too much to ask :)

cheers.

•••
Just thought I would add for perspective...

One of my websites with a modest amount of advertising (little Adsense) makes about $2 a day. It is exclusively organic and only receives about 100 hits a day.

•••
I will go to the safe side and say that it all depends on the market, the design, the traffic. As many has said you can purchase traffic for a site but it only looks good on numbers. I actually worked with sites that receives over the 100k visitors a month, and with a small addition of banner the CTR or even the sales are seen affected. Thankx god for A/B testing :D

•••
smurge, is it a .com? and niche? maybe you can pm me the domain name, if that's not too much to ask :)

cheers.

Hey the domain is hitfindweb (net) . It looks like it was a search engine of some sort in the past.

•••
Hey Ibidu,

Hi Smurge,

Thanks for sharing all the info.

I am just a bit puzzled why the owner let this domain expire?

•••
Hi Smurge,

Thanks for sharing all the info.

I am just a bit puzzled why the owner let this domain expire?

I'm puzzled as well. What's crazy is on the day this one expired about 30 others did as well. So, I'm not sure who got them all but there is a lot of traffic that was floating around that day.

•••
I'm puzzled as well. What's crazy is on the day this one expired about 30 others did as well. So, I'm not sure who got them all but there is a lot of traffic that was floating around that day.

maybe the previous owner expired, or some other reason whatsoever but you have got a goldmine sitting on your hand.. even though the domain doesnt sound that great tbh..

Interestingly, there's no Alexa rank for the name and just 1 site linking as [er Alexa.

cheers for sharing bud!!

•••
maybe the previous owner expired, or some other reason whatsoever but you have got a goldmine sitting on your hand.. even though the domain doesnt sound that great tbh..

Interestingly, there's no Alexa rank for the name and just 1 site linking as [er Alexa.

cheers for sharing bud!!

Actually, out company traffic engine found it for me. I just put the bid in and presto it was up and running. I buy strictly for parking, which i know people hate, but i make decent money off it for doing nothing at all.

Anyways, if there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

•••
Do you have ads? Or are you selling stuff on it? If you have ads out of 10,000 hits i'd say probably about 200 people max will click on them so lets say you get 10 cents a click that's 20 dollars.

•••
@smurge I also buy domains for parking, what's out company traffic engine?

•••

Do you not find the traffic subsided lately? According to "compete" it seems it has. Or may be they cannot measure the parking traffic?

•••
Do you not find the traffic subsided lately? According to "compete" it seems it has. Or may be they cannot measure the parking traffic?

They don't measure the parking traffic. Yesterday I had 6,400 visitors (before finalization). I've made aprox. $62.00 and that should go up by this afternoon.

•••
They don't measure the parking traffic. Yesterday I had 6,400 visitors (before finalization). I've made aprox. $62.00 and that should go up by this afternoon.

It's really puzzling to the rest of us that for a domain with 1 backlink only and you don't use redirect traffic either as it's bad traffic, so how can it get search engine traffic day after day when it's only a parked page? A one million dollar question I guess?

btw, thanks for sharing all the info so far. I find it very challenging and interesting.

•••
It's really puzzling to the rest of us that for a domain with 1 backlink only and you don't use redirect traffic either as it's bad traffic, so how can it get search engine traffic day after day when it's only a parked page? A one million dollar question I guess?

btw, thanks for sharing all the info so far. I find it very challenging and interesting.

I'm not sure to be honest. When I analyzed the domain the compete traffic was pretty awesome. For $6.50 I could take a shot on it just based on the 12 month compete history and stats.

When I view the referral it says 99.6% is type in traffic. As I stated before, I think this was a search engine someone was trying to develop but failed or something happened and let it go.

Hope this helps to solve the mystery. Let me know if you need anything else.

•••
Friends,

Any idea from your experience how much money 10,000 hits per day can generate? I know it depends on the content and keywords but just assume its general discussion/news site. (US based hits)

I am looking for just rough numbers. Any ballpark numbers?

Also, what do you think about the income displayed on websiteoutlook.com is genuine? Looks like it display more number of page views for any site that whats in reality. I have a website where it shows 140 page views but when I use google analytics it just show me <5 page views. Why is this difference?

I would like to give real numbers here. for the site mbctimes.com with about 10K a day = 5 - 10 dollars a day at max.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back