Domain Empire

domain How much is this hand reg truly worth with 18,000 exact monthly searches. PentiumD.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super-Annuation

#Top Member
Impact
PentiumD.com is valued by EstiBot as $1,000, but Pentium 1 has only a couple hundred searches and is valued at $1,000. CPC similar and mine has more than 18,000 exact monthly searches

How much is it worth?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
$0 for this one

Stay away from trademark names

•••
•••
I thought the Trademark now being almost non-existent would be fine for a service that doesn't cause brand dilution

•••
Its better avoid Trademark domain

•••
•••
The TradeMark is inactive in almost every country... And it's only PentiumD inside the Intel Logo that trademark covers for very few classes... I could literally make software and call it Pentium... Have a look instead of being quick to judge. World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO Brand Database)

So I decided to pickup Pentium.io just because it's a cool name.

I've don't the same for Quotron.io which has inactive Trademarks.

Companies don't pay for old products forever. Old names too. And I think people would like those names... But now I think they will be concerned about Trade Mark risk without researching... Ugh

•••
PentiumD.com is valued by EstiBot as $1,000, but Pentium 1 has only a couple hundred searches and is valued at $1,000. CPC similar and mine has more than 18,000 exact monthly searches

How much is it worth?

my guess is you are misinterpreting the searches information
understand how they work
and will not register these kind of domains based on that information

additionally a pentium cpu is a thing of the past

•••
my guess is you are misinterpreting the searches information
understand how they work
and will not register these kind of domains based on that information

additionally a pentium cpu is a thing of the past

Have a look. All Trademarks are inactive and I could start the whole obsolete process of factory setting up PentiumD CPU's and call them PentiumD because the trademark is dead.

The same can be said for Quotron, Enron and Pentium -- (few countries) (mostly merchandise only)

That 's pretty damn cool having the name to those obsolete products, because I could create a modern version, and use the well known name, da da da.... you see where I'm going.

I like Quotron. but lack the intelligence to conjure an idea for a good finance service using this name

Once I have my Masters in Financial Planning, I'll apply for a AFSL (Australian Financial Services License) and join either a collaborative firm and apply to register a Collective Corporate Investment Vehicle as a public company that is an umbrella fund investing in sub funds or who knows.

But Quotron.io, PentiumD.com, Pentium.io, Enronn.com, Superannuation.com are great names to build something again.

•••
•••
Wha...???

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/processors/pentium.html

And no, you can't do stuff like you say just "because trademark is dead". Educate yourself with some John Berryhill's posts: https://www.namepros.com/posts/6033471/

Yes, and the Pentium is dead and has been under Intel for a long time

They can start again, but right now it's free game. Those trademarks stopped early 2000's in almost all countries for Enron, Pentium, Quotron, PentiumD

Please don't confuse readers with your hyperbole. It's not a "stopped last year so free to register this year" because we're talking decades Mr.

Thank you for sharing a resource, but I'm right.

•••
•••
•••
This name is confusingly similar to live registered USPTO trademarks (such as 1834434) held nonstop since the last century by world famous Intel Corporation who commercially launched eight new Pentium processor models in the last year (source). Add registrant statements indexed on a public forum, instead of dollars and cents let me say that this name is a unique value proposition, good luck!

•••
Its a "live" Intel trademark, check the TESS database.

Pentium
Registration Date July 14, 1998
Owner (REGISTRANT) INTEL CORPORATION CORPORATION DELAWARE 2200 Mission College Boulevard Santa Clara CALIFORNIA 950528119
Attorney of Record Katherine M. Basile
Prior Registrations 1834434;1941172
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR). SECTION 8(10-YR) 20180725.
Renewal 2ND RENEWAL 20180725
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

•••
Pentium is a brand used for a series of x86 architecture-compatible microprocessors produced by Intel since 1993.

Intel has filed (10) UDRP for domains containing "pentium" and won every one.

$0.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
o9mir

Sorry, but I am right. Cancelled 10 years later, a claim on a TM isn't just yours forever.

Like Gilescoley said, Intel has 4 active/live trademarks that were filed decades ago. They didn't expire decades ago. You can renew a trademark every 10 years... forever.

upload_2020-3-7_23-52-47.png

Last edited:
•••
Yes, and the Pentium is dead and has been under Intel for a long time

They can start again, but right now it's free game. Those trademarks stopped early 2000's in almost all countries for Enron, Pentium, Quotron, PentiumD

Please don't confuse readers with your hyperbole. It's not a "stopped last year so free to register this year" because we're talking decades Mr.

Thank you for sharing a resource, but I'm right.
What do you smoke? Pentium processor is a live product that is being manufactured and sold worldwide. They keep releasing new generation Pentium processors year after year.

•••
What do you smoke? Pentium processor is a live product that is being manufactured and sold worldwide. They keep releasing new generation Pentium processors year after year.

They have a couple active trademark in countries they manufacture in and sell.

They don't have the coverage they used to and I can use it to create the same product if I wish given their TM ended over 10 years ago for almost all countries.

It isn't theirs anymore for most parts of the world. Hasn't been for a long time.
This is evident in the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) BRAND DATABASE

Have a look for yourself.
I can use it, and they might challenge me knowing they'll lose just to attack my capital, but it's clear.

Just have a look.

Also look at Enron (mostly merchandise/logo classes) and Quotron (1 active trademark in Italy)

You'll see what I'm talking about

•••
Trademarked names = no value as it can and will be taken away.

•••
I don't want to debate with anyone about whether or not it's trademark has commercial limitations. I just wanted to know what it's worth. thank you all

•••
Like Gilescoley said, Intel has 4 active/live trademarks that were filed decades ago. They didn't expire decades ago. You can renew a trademark every 10 years... forever.

Show attachment 146977

I'm aware you can renew a trademark every 10 years. I'm referring to the number of active trademarks and which countries they're in, which is important as the .com falls under US jurisdiction and my service wil have to not cause brand dilution so the countries with active trademarks is important

a dormant trademark is a dormant trademark, and intel ARE NOT PAYING FOR THE BRAND PROTECTION THEY USE TO PAY... WHY IS THAT? WHY DID THEY HAVE TO PAY MORE? BECAUSE THEY NEEDED THE EXTRA PROTECTION. NOW THERE IS LESS PROTECTION, MORE PEOPLE CAN USE THE WORD PENTIUM... NO BRAINER

•••
Your not going to able to use Pentium for anything finance related in the U.S and probably in Europe......Pentium Fund (http://pentium-fund.com/) took Intel to court a few years ago (2009) over Trademark Infringement and they are still in business......It went to Federal Court, not sure how it ended but you are playing a very dangerous game with these types of names

To keep it on point - I would value PentiumD.com at $0 due to the high possibility of legal action being taken against it

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back