Dynadot

How much is a PR 7 domain worth?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

How much is an expired domain with a valid PR7 worth?

I was approached with a decent offer, but am a little nervous about it.

I have also noticed Page Rank hasn't been updated in awhile, so this could easily drop.

(Although I doubt it will drop from 7 to 0)

All comments and brainstorming are welcome here!

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you should check the backlinks first to assess its worth considering it is a dropped domain. If it has a lot of good backlinks, there's a big chance that it will retain the current PR or at least still get a decent PR in the update..

What is the domain by the way? You can pm so I can check the backlinks and give a rough estimate.

•••
•••
And make sure that the PR of the domain is valid and not fake.

•••
you should check the backlinks first to assess its worth considering it is a dropped domain. If it has a lot of good backlinks, there's a big chance that it will retain the current PR or at least still get a decent PR in the update..

What is the domain by the way? You can pm so I can check the backlinks and give a rough estimate.

I agree with you, we can view the backlinks so that we can estimate the number of PR that this domain can be. Besides we have a look in the past backlink so that the search engine can recognise the rank of this page

•••

Always, Always, Always do this.

•••
$700 for a (real) PR7 domain name? Sounds to me like a good deal. I'm not sure how much it would cost to buy several backlinks from a PR7 domain but probably not much less.

•••
ok i've lost interest in the domain and can reveal details.

it is the agrsci.org and is on auction at NameJet. I have no experience with NameJet and was willing to pay $700 for a PR7, however now it is bid up to $1610 and at that price I'm not sure i want to get involved.

This was a faculty of agricultural science website and has a LOT of backlinks from PR3-PR4 sites.

You could probably quickly turn it into a site that sells pest control, or soil products and/or put a ton of agr.science articles with AdSense on it.

Selling links on it would probably also be beneficial.

I'll be curious to see what the new owner does with it.

•••
Is the bid taking place on Sedo? I'm curious what price it'll reach. Even $1,610 seems like a good deal to me.

•••
went up to $1910 in the auction that takes place after on NameJet.

I believe the auction was only visible to those who did backorder it.

•••
went up to $1910 in the auction that takes place after on NameJet.

I believe the auction was only visible to those who did backorder it.

PR7 domain for $1910? i thought PR7 worth more than $5k?

Bizhobby, do you know how can I check for the results of all Namejet Auctions? I want to see the final bidding price for all the domains that I have been bidding but can't find a way.

Thanks.

•••
i thought when domains drop, it looses pr

•••
depends how it drops, my understanding is that if the creation date is preserved, then it will retain the PR.

I could be wrong though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back