Dynadot

advice How much is a domain worth?

NameSilo
Watch

HomesteadRelease

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I am speaking with a broker about the sale of a domain I am interested in.

I'm interested in it because I think it will go up in value.

It doesn't have a lot of traffic, and might reach 12,000 searches a month.

But the thing is, it's brandable, so it has that going for it too.

How do you know how much a domain is worth?

By the way, I'm thinking of spending a fair bit of money for it, so I want to know if it's worth it.

Thank you in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How do you know how much a domain is worth?

If you are looking for valuation of a domain name, you will have to share it (the domain name). There is no other way to get opinions on value.

You can try posting it here or go to the appraisal thread.

•••
•••
You are going to get the same replies here as ur reddit post

Good name but not six figures good especially if u are reselling

•••
It is certainly a valuable name and I would not sell for less than low/mid xx,xxx. It would be of interest if you would at least share what the asking price is (not what you may have negotiated down to).

•••
Asking Price 250k - then 180k - now 100k because I'm moving quickly

•••
You are going to get the same replies here as ur

Good name but not six figures good especially if u are reselling

How much would you resell it for after 3 years when security tokens are a major financial instrument?

•••

Wow...that is a decent chunk o' cash. I wish I could speak more to the potential value but (unfortunately) this is one sector/genre I know very little about and hold only a few names...hopefully someone more knowledgeable will weigh in soon with value opinions.

•••
•••
The described domain is still maturing. The industry, or market, for a "security token" is in its infancy. This domain is an exact match for a projected trillion dollar industry. I would be hesitant to price to anyone who has not been qualified first.

•••
•••
The described domain is still maturing. The industry, or market, for a "security token" is in its infancy. This domain is an exact match for a projected trillion dollar industry. I would be hesitant to price to anyone who has not been qualified first.

If bonds.com can fetch a fair penny, well security tokens are going to be huge.

It's all speculation from here, so I don't think I will go through with the sale now.

A lot of people can't see the future value.

•••
I had just been researching security tokens for the last 2 hours. And coincidentally looked up the domain in question out of curiosity, although I already knew who owned it.

It’s a valuable domain, imo. I believe that we haven’t began to scratch the surface in regards to tokenization.

Here is a good article from Deloitte that I came across that can explain it better than I ever could here.

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/d...ology/lu-token-assets-securities-tomorrow.pdf

This is still in it’s infancy, as said above, so anything could happen in the future.

However, you’re being quoted end-user pricing.. with the future possibly already priced in. Keep that in mind if you’re thinking about investing.

Last edited:
•••

It's all speculation from here, so I don't think I will go through with the sale now.

The one thing I think is a definite...all names of this quality will go up in value in the future. I do not want to bother him by initiating a tag, but do a search for Rob Monster and send him a DM for his opinion...he may offer some insight...especially if you are locked in on an option to buy. The big question is how long can you comfortably sit on the name before locating an end user.

•••

This is a top tier domain. Financial markets are changing and fractional, or tokenized, products are at its core. Sit this out because $100,000 will look like pennies on the dollar soon.

Last edited:
•••
Honestly, I have 20 crypto domains for the Top rated ICO's and for some of them , I have the exact name with .com ending and I still didn't get any offers for it.

That's my personal experience with crypto market domains right now and honestly $100.000 offer looks like a dream to me and honestly I'd sell that at that price if I were you..

•••
Honestly, I have 20 crypto domains for the Top rated ICO's and for some of them , I have the exact name with .com ending and I still didn't get any offers for it.

That's my personal experience with crypto market domains right now and honestly $100.000 offer looks like a dream to me and honestly I'd sell that at that price if I were you..
ICO's really crashed. Without knowing your domains I suspect that could be the issue.

Security tokens are much different than ICO's. One has crashed, the other is morphing into a monumental financial product that will change finance going forward. Big difference.

•••
•••
This is the kind of domain that might fetch ten times $100,000 soon. But then again it might not.

If I had enough money to play with, I'd probably risk it. But then again I am stupid :xf.eek:

TokenSecurity.com for sale at HugeDomains.com for $7,795
Not quite the same :xf.smile:

•••
i have TokenChart . com - and i have had offers upto the high $x,xxx

hope that helps

•••
A Domain is worth how much a buyer is willing to purchase it.

One buyer from one part of the world might pay $x, where as another buyer from another part might pay $y.

The difference between x and y could be quite alot.

•••
Worth 175-350k right now. This is the ultimate domain for the token market. Nothing else exists that is better for the token market. Wisdom tree or securrency just raised 17 million the other day. Yad capital 5 million last week. Incredible name for 100k. The amount of companies raising money for the security token market is staggering. Congratulations on getting it down to that amount.

•••
TokenSecurity.com for sale at HugeDomains.com for $7,795
That sounds stupid it likes calling mcdonalds donaldsmc. or going to newyork and saying hey I,m going to york new..LOL Verb, noun, adjective must be in correct place.

•••
That sounds stupid it likes calling mcdonalds donaldsmc. or going to newyork and saying hey I,m going to york new..LOL Verb, noun, adjective must be in correct place.

I understand that SecurityToken is a thing, but saying that TokenSecurity is stupid because must be in correct place, sounds just more STUPID.
Cheers.
PS: But I understand your irritation, in case you are the seller.
I am sure the poster already knows the difference, I was just posting an alternative appraisal.
The seller can ask $250,000 or $500,000, if he believes SecurityToken is such a gold mine.
Cheers twice.

Last edited:
•••

Tokens.com sold for 500k a few years back now it;s 1 million plus. Voice.com 30 million a few months ago a crypto company. Once the security token market gets more and more accepted this name should be gold but but it will be way to late by then the value will have 5x or 10x Aron Meystedt even did a fractional ownership with nnr.com I laugh and people who know nothing about domains and value. Apprasials and what a domain is worth are two different things. Ask rick schwartz. This name describes trillion dollar market it describes what a company does.

•••
Back