Dynadot

How much is a customer worth to a company?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I own a domain name in the home services industry.
Each customer is worth about $40 in a specific country.
I think that I can get about 1 visitor each day that signs up (to start with)
How much is that worth to a company if I try and sell the name?
I mean the visitors and not the name.
I don't want to disclose the name atm because I need to do trademark research first.
I have a new strategy that I'm working on.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends on exclusivity, industry, and locality. Log in to a major lead referral site and look at their numbers. For example, one that you would recognize will give 6 roofers in Seattle the exact same lead for $137 each. (Actual data from a few months ago. No joke. That's $882 for one lead, people. If the service is free then you are the product!)

•••
Hi

how did you arrive @ $40 per customer amount?

is that the cpc from google and if so, has it been validated via average ppc clicks over a given period for that domain name?

imo...
That's the average amount a customer spends on their home services. I have not calculated PPC and $40 is not their profit, it's just what the customer spends.

•••
Maybe you should reach out to those companies and ask how much they would be willing to pay for verifiable leads in 50s, 100s, etc.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe you should reach out to those companies and how much they would be willing to pay for verifiable leads in 50s, 100s, etc.
Good idea. They might have a referral program. I have to look into that.

•••
•••
Each customer is worth about $40 in a specific country.
Hi

how did you arrive @ $40 per customer amount?

is that the cpc from google and if so, has it been validated via average ppc clicks over a given period for that domain name?

imo...

•••
Maybe you should reach out to those companies and ask how much they would be willing to pay for verifiable leads in 50s, 100s, etc.
Good idea thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back