NameSilo

discuss How much domains You got ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Donmarick

Established Member
Impact
Maybe some members want to share their stats of portfolio and how much they earn on domains ?
I will start:
Number of domains: 79
month revenue: 90$
source: ads on developed part of domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why do you want to know?
My wife don't even know how may names I have.
Beside 1,000 crap names is not equal to 1 good name so the question is who care?

•••
By "directly" you mean whois lead?

Or via contact form on a lander. I just mean any way you have direct communication with a potential buyer and can avoid a marketplace commission.

Brad

•••
How many domains is more sound than how much domains!
Just a thought..

•••
Yeah my fault too late for edit :(

•••
Thank You for share @Fancy.domains You only keep them and sell or develop ? How You earn on them ? It's pretty nice number.

•••
I always rotate my portfolio... just routine...

If you rotate. Wouldn't the volume not fluctuate wildly. A 50% drop in 6 months is more than just rotation. Or will you have 6k again in another 6 months?

•••
If you rotate. Wouldn't the volume not fluctuate wildly. A 50% drop in 6 months is more than just rotation. Or will you have 6k again in another 6 months?

And how many domains you've got?

•••
•••
I'm 9 months into domaining and have about 60 domains. Income? I'm still trying to cross over to profit status, which I can do with one decent sale.
Are these hand-regs or buying auction domains or a mix ?

•••
Same here, around 2600 .coms and around 200 the rest.

Last year, I had around 1200 .coms in average.

Looks like you're going aggressive in buying since last year and same is the case with me too!
With your speed, hopefully you'll reach 4K mark by the end of this year (y)

•••
just started, 12 domains in 3 months
medicalpot.shop shold have been picked up along time ago, when I found it couldn't believe it was open!
Not to mention bestnicsalt.com best nic salt tending at 100 on Google, up 72 points in one year!

•••
However creating and updating an excel table for 2k+ domains would take lots of time. Also opening a big excel file and keeping it open for hours every day, would need a powerful computer with good processing power. I too would avoid software.
I don't use Excel at all, except some export-import cases.

•••
I am almost at 300 but I find that too many to properly manage. For much of my time I was around 140 and find that a nice number for me. I plan to let some drop and hopefully sell some more and hope to be maybe around 240 by end of 2019.

I get a tiny amount of revenue from a couple I have developed, but less than $20 most months in total across several sites.

Bob

Why is it much time to manage?

I have 9 times more, almost all of them with GD and Dyna. Once they are added to marketplaces, there is nothing else to manage, except to renew timely.

•••
•••
•••
Why is it much time to manage?
I have 9 times more, almost all of them with GD and Dyna. Once they are added to marketplaces, there is nothing else to manage, except to renew timely.
So, out of the approximately 2,700 domains listed, how many have you sold last year?

What marketplaces are you listing with?

And which marketplace(s) has/have brought you most sales?
Why do you want to know?
My wife don't even know how may names I have...
Very sound strategy :xf.wink:
Beside 1,000 crap names is not equal to 1 good name so the question is who care?
The answer how many domains, in itself, is not indicative of much. Answers coupled with additional information, like the one I've quoted above and many others in this thread, provide useful information, food for thought. IMHO :xf.grin:

•••
Sold around 35 names for about $150K before commissions. So my sell through was close to 3%.

Marketplaces: Afternic, inbound, Sedo broker for 1 name, Brandroot (before it went completely dead about 7-8 months ago), Brandpa, Brandbucket (also have been dead for about 7 months now).

For this year, most important working venues are inbound, Afternic and Brandpa.

Can you share more details on your inbound leads, please? Did they come from whois or your own marketplace? I'm very interested in the latter because I'm trying to understand your (successful) strategy to compete with the likes of Afternic/Sedo/etc, i.e., at what price ranges end users feel comfortable to approach a less known marketplace.

So referring to your own marketplace sales, could you share the following:
1) How many sales with make offer only and what were the final sale prices (ranges will do)?
2) How many sales with BIN (or BIN + make offer) and what were your BIN prices on those?
3) For domains with BINs, what is your strategy for pricing the domains on your own marketplace vs other venues? Do you set the same prices everywhere or compensate for 10-20% fees?

•••
I price the names the same or bin at Afternic and make offer at another place. I don't like being confusion.

Recently I synchronized my BIN prices across all venues too. But I'm trying to validate this strategy for my higher priced domains.

If I put, say, 45K BIN at Afternic, maybe it makes sense to reduce the price to $39,500 on my website to motivate buyers? Or should I skip BIN prices altogether and just keep "make offer" options on my landers?..

•••
•••
•••
As soon as buyer sees second price, he starts to look for the third one and also starts to question the value of the name for the price.

Oh, I didn't think about it from this angle. Makes sense.

But the question is how would I motivate buyers to buy the domain from me instead of, say, Godaddy?

•••
If a buyer contacts you directly though it is alright to offer to pass on some of the commission savings.
That works for me to help close deals.

By "directly" you mean whois lead?

•••
Or via contact form on a lander. I just mean any way you have direct communication with a potential buyer and can avoid a marketplace commission.

Brad

OK, I can see you don't put BINs on your domains. That's what I thought (and tried) too.

About a month ago I put BIN prices to all domains, but the only thing I got were fake offers from India, Nigeria, and Uganda. I was pissed to the point that I changed all smaller value domains to Undeveloped (BIN only) and higher value domains to Uni (make offer only) while I think what to do next :xf.cool:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back