Dynadot

discuss How much domains You got ?

NameSilo
Watch

Donmarick

Established Member
Impact
Maybe some members want to share their stats of portfolio and how much they earn on domains ?
I will start:
Number of domains: 79
month revenue: 90$
source: ads on developed part of domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How many domains is more sound than how much domains!
Just a thought..

•••
Yeah my fault too late for edit :(

•••
I am trying to keep my portfolio at 500 names, but I will try to get it up to 1000 in 2020. I can make a living from my domaining.

•••
Thank You for share @Fancy.domains You only keep them and sell or develop ? How You earn on them ? It's pretty nice number.

•••
Thank You for share @Fancy.domains You only keep them and sell or develop ? How You earn on them ? It's pretty nice number.

About 99% are up for sale via my own landing pages and various market platforms.

About 1% are developed or under development.

•••
You can definitely have too many to manage this can be a big mistake even with great names. You still have to manage your time. Revenue can be a waste of time unless you have enough traffic in same niche to justify a regular payment from sponsors. I have over 500 domains.

Last edited:
•••
Was ~6K in September...
As of today: 2,7XX

•••
Was ~6K in September...
As of today: 2,7XX

Wow! That was a huge drop. Presumably getting rid of the dross? Strange. I can never find that much dross. This is not a comment of your or my portfolios. It's the fact I like most of my domains, and cannot decide which is the dross or not. Probably the 10% which are not .com could be considered dross, en-masse :(

I do drop domains every month. But I also re-invest any income into more domains.

Last edited:
•••
I always rotate my portfolio according to my current budget and focus...

Last edited:
•••
I always rotate my portfolio... just routine...

If you rotate. Wouldn't the volume not fluctuate wildly. A 50% drop in 6 months is more than just rotation. Or will you have 6k again in another 6 months?

•••
Just edited above: according to my current budget and focus...

Domaining is a volume game as well...
Not just quality matters in terms of regular sales.

•••
will you have 6k again in another 6 months?
I will have again If necessary for me... and if I have time and health...

Last edited:
•••
p.s. It was always interesting for me what is my maximum, and now I know it.

•••
I also re-invest any income into more domains.
After ~11 years of domaining I don't think that 100% reinvesting into domains (only) is a good way.

Last edited:
•••
After ~11 years of domaining I don't think that 100% reinvesting into domains only is a good way.

Well that's about the number of years I've been in this business too. But it's probably only the last 7-8 years that I've been trying hard to grow in size, and re-investing all of my sales revenues. hopefully in better quality names. The proof will be if we sell more domains for more revenue every year. Which are erratic., year-on-year. For sure. But, I THINK, I'm moving forward. At least.

Last edited:
•••
Nowadays, when aftermarket is continiously trending down, such strategy is dangerous...
The more domains - the more time and health you must burn... up to level where personal life will disappear at all.
That's why other reinvest directions should be considered also.

•••
Nowadays, when aftermarket is continiously trending down, such strategy is dangerous...
The more domains - the more time and health you must burn... up to level where personal life will disappear at all.
That's why other reinvest directions should be considered also.

I hear what you are saying. For sure.

•••
71 and going down to 30 maybe.

I am just shifting my focus onto other businesses that's why.

Other than that domains will be my favorite things and I will keep loving them always. :xf.love:

•••
If you rotate. Wouldn't the volume not fluctuate wildly. A 50% drop in 6 months is more than just rotation. Or will you have 6k again in another 6 months?

And how many domains you've got?

•••
I've just reached 2700 domains this month.

•••
Was heading up towards 1,000 but now am killing off older junk and buying better .coms, so trying to keep it around 700. Getting tired of low to mid $xxx sales all the time and want to start seeing $xxxx. I decided to not post any sales below $xxxx this year and of course everything I am selling now is low to mid $xxx so far. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
I'm 9 months into domaining and have about 60 domains. Income? I'm still trying to cross over to profit status, which I can do with one decent sale.

•••
•••
I don't list them.
ParkingCrew and Bodis are enough for me.

And no any special software.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back