IT.COM

discuss How long you took to sell your first domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all, I just started domaining... Was wondering how long it took you to start selling your first domain and how was your domain found?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Acquired my first domain in late 2004 but not as a domain investor. Sold my first domain years later.

But when I got into domain investing as full time in 2010 then I sold domain within few months only.

•••
•••
Sold my first Domain within two weeks. Wish I hadn't, as this gave me a false sense of security and I went on a regging frenzy lol.

4 months till the next sale lol.

Both inbound on Dan.

Last edited:
•••
Acquired my first domain in late 2004 but not as a domain investor. Sold my first domain years later.

But when I got into domain investing as full time in 2010 then I sold domain within few months only.
Your story motivates me..
Haven't sold any domain yet but hopefully soon.
I started last month

•••
•••
It took me 4 months to sell my first domain. At the time I owned about 40.

•••
The inquiry came in about a month into domaining and about 2 weeks after I acquired the name. I bought it for $380 from an expired auction. Took months of back and forth and almost falling though completely before I settled on $3500 as a payment plan, $1000 down followed by 10 monthly payments of $250. Kinda have sellers remorse over it. I though (and still do) that if I held out I eventually would have found another buyer and could have gotten more but I took the quick win to reinvest in new names.

•••
I sold two in my first month back in 2019, haven't sold any since.

•••
I was an investor with a pal back in early noughts. He did the selling, and I think within months.

I hold some names for others now, and some don't sell for long and some sell within months.

•••
Started around May, about 17 names regd. No sales yet.

•••
•••
I started domaining part time last September, sold my first domain about 9 months later on Afternic, still learning, not sold another one since

•••
I've not made any sale. Started last month.

•••
Started last month. Sold first in 47days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back