Domain Empire

poll How long do you hold your domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How long do you hold domains for?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Less than 24 hours

• >1 Week

• >1 Month

• >6 Months

• <1 Year

• >5 Years

• <5 Years

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

maxtra

Let's make a dealTop Member
Impact
Are you a quick flipper? Buy and hold, long term investor?

How long do you normally hold domains for? (Per average sale.) Curious to see the responses here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
6+ months.. sometimes less.. :)

•••
I think you can't edit it after creation, but shouldn't there be options for more than a year? Surely many people hold domains for more than a year, often many years.

•••
Less than 1 year are quick flippers as well.
Long term investor is, in my opinion, more than 3 years.
It is very difficult sell a domain in less than 1 year, also if you have a LL / LLL / single dictionary word com.
A lot of good .com domains are still waiting a buyer.
Check Mike Mann sales, he holds domains for > 5 years.

•••
I think you can't edit it after creation, but shouldn't there be options for more than a year? Surely many people hold domains for more than a year, often many years.
Added >5 Years and <5 Years options. :)

Last edited:
•••
As long as it takes to get the "right" end user on the line. This can be a month or in some cases 10 years especially if ya jumped in early on new tech that needs time to mature. Sold a 10 year old one recently that basically received offers every month of those entire 10 years so wasn't a case of no offers coming in was a case of having patience and waiting for the right return which is easy to do when another year is only $8. I'm busy working on websites that produce income so I prefer less sales at higher margins as it equals no work=not having to constantly replace inventory from quick flips which I don't really have time for. Most of my sales since 2003 are x-xx into x,xxx-xx,xxx. Keep busy with other income producing things where you're too busy to care about sales below x,xxx or be able to fake it well and watch the offers increase. Capitalize on the gems cause not as cheap to replace them anymore. Quality of the domain/offer frequency will determine how long it should be held for as good domains have no expiration date to seal a deal. Bad domains can rot for years and never see an offer.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Im a quick flipper, i dont hold mine for long. Usually couple of months

•••
•••
•••
Depends. When I first started out I was quick flipping names so i was only holding on to them for a couple of months if that. Now, I only invest in quality names, and keep them until a potential buyer comes along, or I decide to sell for a small profit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back