Dynadot

news How Go Time Ventures became Perception.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ali

Top Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
We ran into a bit of a “fluke” earlier this week. We received a cease and desist letter from a major company in our industry alerting us that our usage of the term “Go Time” in our company name was an infringement on their trademark.

At first, it was a bit frustrating. Having to rebrand a company so early after launch, the public perception of the rebranding, along with the sheer amount of work that would have to go into it (on top of the work that had already gone into it) were only a few of our many dilemmas…

Read the whole story here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
how many places did you had to change that perception? lol I mean the username?

I like it, and I see everyone else likes it more than me..

Good luck Ali!

•••
how many places did you had to change that perception? lol I mean the username?

I like it, and I see everyone else likes it more than me..

Good luck Ali!

Haha, I spent almost 72 hours straight changing everything. Still working on it! And thank you my friend, your kind words are appreciated!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Let's just say it was well worth all 5 digits. :xf.wink:

rumor has it you bought for high 5 digits lol. i read somewhere but idk if they just made it up

•••
•••
I know the feeling :) It was not my decision to name the company GTV, it was my partners - however, it was my idea to name it Perception once we received the C&D ;) I appreciate your honesty very much!

That explains it, found your old name very odd. This one is great. Good luck!

•••
@Zandibot, what happened with your Perception?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back