Dynadot

discuss How domains work in Japan

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sambell

Established Member
Impact
i really wish to know how domains are in use in japan. i tried to walk around in tokyo with google maps haha but didn't see any domains tbh. for example i have solarpanels.jp domain it's good but it's in english sadly but i don't think you can domains with
ソーラーパネル (solar panels in japan) or Sōrāpaneru.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
You could buy the IDN for ソーラーパネル.com. Unfortunately, that particular domain is already taken by somebody else.

•••
From my understanding the Japanese have a very strong etiquette between the use of the dot JP and the Dot CO.JP
ie for Business or pleasure/leisure. However, I'm not familiar with the market

•••
The idea is to know Japanese. I only have one English Japan related domain to the national sport in com.

•••
You could buy the IDN for ソーラーパネル.com. Unfortunately, that particular domain is already taken by somebody else.
i mean its idn right? so not global.

•••
i mean its idn right? so not global.
Idn has the worst reputation. I would think English is a far better option before looking at things like IDN and emoji. Worth bringing into the debate but it is values that we look at.

Last edited:
•••
Idn has the worst reputation. I would think English is a far better option before looking at things like IDN and emoji. Worth bringing into the debate but it is values that we look at.
so thats reason i have solarpanels.jp instead of ソーラーパネル (solar panels in japan) even in japan probably they won't want to have that domain.

•••
i am live in japan,I don't think most of them will pay for a domain name

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back